ESPN: Amari Cooper Likely to be Released | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN: Amari Cooper Likely to be Released

Like Mugtron stated he's "an excellent route runner ". Just what Tua needs...

6-7th rdr for him not happening. IMO significantly higher pick if that was the route.

Our obstacle, is " How Much He wants $$$$ " Be a nice fit but don't think well be in the mix for him ...JMO

Dont let the stats last season fool you guys. He was sharing the field with Lamb and Gallup. This guy is still a stud and would be a great pick up. Landing him and a Tackle in FA would be gangbusters!!

Just became target #2 after Chris Godwin for me.
Who wants Godwin as #1? Guy's coming off a late year ACL. No thanks unless it's a total team friendly deal and we aren't putting even 35% of our receiving hope in him.

I think one thing people will notice is that the scheme itself is going to create some natural separation for receivers.

Obviously I still want a Randy Moss/Megatron if i can get one, but I think just above average athleticism and veteran savvy about things like slowing down through a hole in coverage for the QB or getting off the line properly with technique will really be what we are looking for.

I think Amare fits that mold at the right price.

Who wants Godwin as #1? Guy's coming off a late year ACL. No thanks unless it's a total team friendly deal and we aren't putting even 35% of our receiving hope in him.

#1 meaning my personal top WR target via FA. He’s a perfect fit for the offense. Great in the slot, great outside — can move him around anywhere and get production. Consistently one of the better graded blocking receivers in the NFL. And of course, his youth fits our timeline. Regarding the injury:

That said, since Godwin suffered the injury on Dec. 19, he should have a chance to play in Week 1 next season, as a projected nine-month recovery timeline would take him to Sept. 19, 2022. So, as long as he doesn't have a setback and progresses through rehab well, Godwin should be healthy enough to play early next season.

But of course, I’d rather sign a top tier tackle and get Coop for less if possible. Also like Christian Kirk a lot as an underrated FA.

No. He doesn't get enough separation. Get Beasley.

Im Not No Way GIF

Personal Bias, but his tweets regarding covid are enough to put me off. Basically told his teammate "screw you" and was generally a a-hole during the previous off-season

Hopefully Cooper has interest in signing with Miami. He's a solid route runner and can still make some plays. Now only if New York releases Barkley.
Lol...That would be insane.

If that happened, I would need to get some oxygen, and Miami in the SB would be tough to remove from my mind.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom