ESPN article that makes me want Wallace that much more | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN article that makes me want Wallace that much more

Not that I'd want to sign Wallace simply to keep him away from the Pats, but damn, it would be like 2007 all over again. Except maybe without the asterisk this time. Sheesh.

brady, brees, manning, rothlisburger, RG3, Cam Newton, Rodgers, Ryan, possibly Luck, possibly the other Manning, who are you going to replace to put RT there

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

understood that Austin is the HOT name in football, but Wallace and Austin are the exact same player, why get two of them and you dont have a big body receiver, to go over the middle?

Wallace, Hunter in the second

Yep I like this one

brady, brees, manning, rothlisburger, RG3, Cam Newton, Rodgers, Ryan, possibly Luck, possibly the other Manning, who are you going to replace to put RT there

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

understood that Austin is the HOT name in football, but Wallace and Austin are the exact same player, why get two of them and you dont have a big body receiver, to go over the middle?

Wallace, Hunter in the second
I doubt Hunter makes it to the 2nd round at this point unfortunately. He's a really hot name and I think a lot more receivers are going to be gone before we pick at 43 than people think. I'm personally hoping for Robert Woods or Deandre Hopkins at that spot if we go DE, CB or OL in the first, but I don't hate the idea of taking Allen or Patterson at 12 if there either.... This FA/ draft needs to get here I'm ****in pumped.

Wow, did you watch last season at all? Tannehill is pretty good at extending the play, and he improved as the season progressed. In fact, I have always thought that Big Ben was Tannehill's closest comparison regarding style of play.

I did watch and we did not watch the same thing if you think Tannehill CONSISTENTLY was able to extend plays. Part of it was him being a rookie and part of it was our O-Line. Did he get better as the season went on hes, wihtout a doubt, but its not where near Big Ben. I personally do not think Tannehill is like Big Ben as far as comparisons.

If I had to decide who Tannehill reminds me of skill set wise I would say much closer to A-Rod than Big Ben.

I am actually shocked that there are fans on these forums saying lets skip out on all 3 recievers in free agency why so when Wallace or Jennings sign somewhere and are awesome everyone can then say oh we should of signed one of them I guess there is no such thing as a bust at the wr position in the NFL in there eyes.

I doubt Hunter makes it to the 2nd round at this point unfortunately. He's a really hot name and I think a lot more receivers are going to be gone before we pick at 43 than people think. I'm personally hoping for Robert Woods or Deandre Hopkins at that spot if we go DE, CB or OL in the first, but I don't hate the idea of taking Allen or Patterson at 12 if there either.... This FA/ draft needs to get here I'm ****in pumped.

knock on hunter is his hands 5 bucks that he is there when Miami picks again

otherwise i wouldnt mind if Hopkins and or woods is there

Wallace Hartline Bess Swope thats a legit recieving corp!

Mike Wallace, Tyler Eifert, Justin Hunter, Brian Hartline, Davone Bess, Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller, Anthony Fasano

Wallace, Hartline, Swope (2b), Bess, Matthews

Miller, Chris Ivory, Thomas, Lane

Eifert (2a), Fasano, Clay

Sounds good to me and that would leave a lot of FA money and draft picks (1, 3a, 3b) to address defense and offensive line. if somehow another team offers Hartline more than 4.5mil 3-yr, then I'd look at Deandre Hopkins, Stedman Bailey, possibly Keenan Allen in the 2nd. if Austing slips to 42 though, we must take him.

I don't need ESPN Insider to know that Wallace is a damn good receiver capable of putting up 1200+ yards and 8+ TDs a year. He's exactly the shot in the arm this offense needs especially with a developing QB. Give Tannehill a playmakers like Wallace and the kid should flourish next year.

Wallace is not going to fix the offense by himself. Granted he would help Lamar Miller and the running game by forcing the safeties to stop cramming the line of scrimmage like they had the luxury to do against our current squad, but Brandon Marshall delivered us consistent 7-9 seasons and he is a freakish athlete. He did have a perenial all star like Henne throwing to him, but he was constantly drawing the double teams which limited his production. Point is, we had no one behind Marshall, and are going no where beyond 8-8 if we sign Wallace without upgrading from Bess or Hartline.

This offense needs more than just one "elite" receiver to keep the defense honest. This is why teams like New England spread the field ridiculously well, their PLETHORA of play makers, not just a single receiver worth noting. I realize you aren't quoted on being against adding more than just Wallace to the offense (who the hell isn't?), but I am just stating that him alone is not going to be all the difference. I will be heavily disappointed if we add Wallace without making other additions at receiver/tight end as well.

Wallace, Hartline, Swope (2b), Bess, Matthews

Miller, Chris Ivory, Thomas, Lane

Eifert (2a), Fasano, Clay

Sounds good to me and that would leave a lot of FA money and draft picks (1, 3a, 3b) to address defense and offensive line. if somehow another team offers Hartline more than 4.5mil 3-yr, then I'd look at Deandre Hopkins, Stedman Bailey, possibly Keenan Allen in the 2nd. if Austing slips to 42 though, we must take him.

Come on brother...do you honestly think not a single team is going to draft a tight end in the 1st round? The position is at an all time high and is mandatory in today's game. There is no way the kid makes it past 20. Ertz will probably not even be available at 42.

Back
Top Bottom