ESPN article that makes me want Wallace that much more | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN article that makes me want Wallace that much more

Wallace is not going to fix the offense by himself. Granted he would help Lamar Miller and the running game by forcing the safeties to stop cramming the line of scrimmage like they had the luxury to do against our current squad, but Brandon Marshall delivered us consistent 7-9 seasons and he is a freakish athlete. He did have a perenial all star like Henne throwing to him, but he was constantly drawing the double teams which limited his production. Point is, we had no one behind Marshall, and are going no where beyond 8-8 if we sign Wallace without upgrading from Bess or Hartline.

This offense needs more than just one "elite" receiver to keep the defense honest. This is why teams like New England spread the field ridiculously well, their PLETHORA of play makers, not just a single receiver worth noting. I realize you aren't quoted on being against adding more than just Wallace to the offense (who the hell isn't?), but I am just stating that him alone is not going to be all the difference. I will be heavily disappointed if we add Wallace without making other additions at receiver/tight end as well.

I agree 100%. Depending on how we fill FA with TE options, I think we'll end up taking Eifert at 12, especially now that Austin looks like he could be the 2nd receiver drafted. If Miliner doesn't fall (which he probably won't) Eifert, Keenan Allen, and Wallace would make me a happy man. Also wouldn't mind scooping one of the FA CBs before the draft....not too familiar with who's available, but if Smith walks we're going to need someone....

Also wanted to add I think you're right with Wallace helping the run game, and in addition it'll make the game a little easier for the rookies with the way Wallace stretches the defense.

Back
Top Bottom