ESPN: Dolphins to have 4-12 season this year | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN: Dolphins to have 4-12 season this year

Actually, I think we will finiish around 9-7 or 8-8. I can't see any reason for the Dolphins to finish under 500. Remeber even the bad Miami teams win more than they lose. We still have the second best reciever in the conference in Chambers, and another guy who can be the best, if he wants to be, in Boston. Throw in McMicheal, I truley think he is top 3 in the conference at TE and thats a pretty could group of ball catchers. Our line should be better, and basically, we just need who ever plays at QB to produce even a little better than last year and we will do fine. I don't really see a long playoff run coming.

What the team needs to do now is figure out how much longer the defense they have is going to keep being as good as they are, and within that time frame, go out and make an aquisition or two to really strengthen the offense. That should be a major concern for the front office. Go out and get an offense that play at some level close to what our defense plays at.

Dolphins 9-7 and will still challenge for a playoff spot (wildcard).

DrewOldSchool said:
Wow this could be the first time I can recall in twenty years maybe longer that we may have a top ten pick in the 1st round! I'm so spoiled.
You wish...Ey, we lost Ricky...Great. But you all are crazy if you think we're gonna be that bad!! ESPN has lost it's mind! We'll end up with 9 wins....And not a great draft pick....Play with it.

NCFINFAN38 said:
At this point I think 4-12 would be great. I really can't see us winning 4 games with Dave as coach, no running back, F/F as QB, a horrible OL, and this never ending curse that we have seemed to picked up. I have gotten to the place I am afraid to even check out any dolphin news. It has always been ......not bad, but HORRIBLE. And it never ends.
On the bright side however, they say you need to be either really good or really bad to win a championship. We have been in that pretty good slot for about 10 years now. Maybe this is what we need. A year or two of 4-12 would be ok with me if it brought us a couple of superbowl rings. Just look at the Panthers, I could deal with that.

Coming from an optimist like NCFINFAN, that means a lot.

RunTravisRun said:
What in the hell are you saying? We still have a top 10 defense, our runningback situation will pan out......and F/F now has one of the top 2 #1/#2 wr combos in the league. I don't care if you are a seasoned vet...I am 18.....and you're wrong. We won't be worse than .500, and my money says we'll be in the playoffs

Damnit u couldnt have been more correct. This guy is a genius and he votes kerry. I wish there were more 18 year old kerry voters on this site like me and u! Stay up. ANd one more thing, does anyone else get the feeling that Travis Minor is going to have a pro bowl year?

If the stuff in LeBatard's column this morning is true -- and that could be a big IF -- that explains a lot of the angst about 4-12.

nevermind, I read the article.

It was depressing.

Why can't we just be a normal team ?? :(

You people are buggin (and yes how sad that a pats fan has more faith) I do not see anything less than a 500 season. Although an early pick in next season would be nice ( we payed off the Saints yes?) I don't think I could stomach a season of 8-8 let alone 4-12. Face it, we have become semi spoiled in the last 10 years. Always the brides maid and never the bride. As nice as it might be to get an early pick, it seems like we are alway drafting for the next season instead of rebuilding. Yes, James would be nice but what about 2 years from now or even worse, what if he gets hurt? I am sorry but if Ricky would come back for one more season I would be happy (regardless of all of this BS) but if he doesnt and it dont look like he will, so be it.

Forget ESPN all they did was show how negative my 2 teams did this offseason (Dolphins and Lakers). The Dolphins are going to shock a bunch of teams this year, I'm looking forward to seeing Travis Minor, I know he can show the world that we dint need Ricky, I'm ready for the season, I'm sick of this offseason negative S**t, We're all ready and were going to kick some ***.

Okay is there ANY chance that Jason Taylor might be going anywhere???? I mean I bought a Marino Authentic and he retired a year later ( although it was time ) Then last year I bought a Ricky Williams Authentic (for like twice as much!!) and then her retires (hell maybe it's all my fault) SO I am thinking JT the next best thing. BUT MAYBE I should buy a Wanny Jersey, then maybe he will retire hahahahahahahahhaha....

Just thougth I would inquire before I shell out another 2 and change for a Jersey!!!

To the pessimists, adversity has caused many a mediocre team to step and play better than they could have under better circumstances. If anything this fiasco will seriously piss some of these players off. You don't think they want to show Ricky how much he WONT be missed? They're gonna come off strong and I don't think they'll be anything less than 9-7. I'm thinking 11-5. And to "MexiJet", go back to ur home, we've got enough trashtalkers here. I think that's wishful thinking to say we're the same as that 1-15 team.

im hoping for a 10-6 record. All of u ppl who r sayin Travis minor is gonna b pro bowl caliber....cmon, hes not even gonna get the opportuinty, unless he shines big time. If tht doesnt happen itll b a committe. Rught now tho, 8-8 and 4-12 mean the same thing to me, we didnt make the playoffs and thts all i care about this year.
Perks of 8-8-we dont look like we suck, we keep our non-losing season streak alive
Perks of 4-12- Ricky gets crucified(in his own words), good draft pick, possible new coach

Back
Top Bottom