ESPN James Walker: Fins have 3rd best defense........in the AFC East | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN James Walker: Fins have 3rd best defense........in the AFC East

I'd hope everyone here would take a SB appearance over anything else. I'd take the Bills 4 SB losses vs. never seeing my team in the SB.

Yeah, that's the point. When Vaark said NE>>>>>>Jets, Junc posted a pic of the Jets 2010 playoff win against them as if the Jets are the better team with their 2 AFCCG losses. In reality, he would prefer to be NE (As anyone would) with 1 Super Bowl app over 2 AFCCG apps.

Yeah, that's the point. When Vaark said NE>>>>>>Jets, Junc posted a pic of the Jets 2010 playoff win against them as if the Jets are the better team with their 2 AFCCG losses. In reality, he would prefer to be NE (As anyone would) with 1 Super Bowl app over 2 AFCCG apps.

The Jets were better than them the year they beat them in the playoffs. Now, over the last decade or so? It's the exact opposite.

Over the last 3 years the Jets have been better overall but NE has the best season. i think our '10 team would have beaten NE '11, the AFC was down a bit last year and NE took advantage having to beat an 8-8 team to reach the title game.

The Jets were better than them the year they beat them in the playoffs. Now, over the last decade or so? It's the exact opposite.

The better team doesn't always win. The Jets played better in that game, but I don't believe the Jets were a better team than NE in 2010. Just like I don't believe that Den was better than Pitt last year, or Sea was better than NO in 2010.

To me, 1 playoff win does not prove that one team is better than the other.

Over the last 3 years the Jets have been better overall but NE has the best season. i think our '10 team would have beaten NE '11, the AFC was down a bit last year and NE took advantage having to beat an 8-8 team to reach the title game.

You are including a year that the Jets went 8-8 and missed the playoffs, so I don't get how you can say the Jets have been better over a 3 year period. NE made 3 straight post seasons and made the Super Bowl. That is better than 2 playoff apps with 2 AFCCG apps.

You are including a year that the Jets went 8-8 and missed the playoffs, so I don't get how you can say the Jets have been better over a 3 year period. NE made 3 straight post seasons and made the Super Bowl. That is better than 2 playoff apps with 2 AFCCG apps.

I'd agree with that especially when the only thing we're talking about is the Jets 3-year window of late which just so happens to be the most consistent success they've had in a long time.

23lk4u0-1.jpg

The better team doesn't always win. The Jets played better in that game, but I don't believe the Jets were a better team than NE in 2010. Just like I don't believe that Den was better than Pitt last year, or Sea was better than NO in 2010.

To me, 1 playoff win does not prove that one team is better than the other.

2 straight years of advnacing futrher inlcuding beating them convincingly at NE in the div rd. They were better. NE was better in the reg season, NYJ in postseason. I'd rather be better in postseason, wouldn't you?

The 2 teams were playoff teams in '09 & '10 and split in the reg season, we won the postseason one.

over 3 years we have twice as many playoff wins and title game apps.

2 straight years of advnacing futrher inlcuding beating them convincingly at NE in the div rd. They were better. NE was better in the reg season, NYJ in postseason. I'd rather be better in postseason, wouldn't you?

The 2 teams were playoff teams in '09 & '10 and split in the reg season, we won the postseason one.

over 3 years we have twice as many playoff wins and title game apps.

Not necessarily. I would rather be the better team. I would rather be 2011 GB and Pitt than I would 2010 Sea or 2011 Den, becasue moving forward those teams will have more success. Just becasue a team advances further in the playoffs doesn't necessarily make them the better team. Not everyone gets to play the same opponents. The Jets Advanced further in 09 because of who they played in the first round. NE got Bal, and the Jets got Cincy. If it was the other way around, NE would have advanced further and the Jets would have been 1 and done.

The Jets played a good game against NE in 2010, but that is 1 game. It doesn't make them the better team. Yes, they had a better overall season since they advanced further in the playoffs, but Den also had a better overall season than Pitt and GB. That doesn't make Den better than those teams.

If you want to claim that the Jets had the better overall seasons in 09 and 10, that is fine. But if you want to look at it over a 3 year period (Jets missing the playoffs while NE makes the SB), you have to say NE has been better. 1 Super Bowl app in 3 years is better than 2 AFCCG in 3 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
On paper we are. The Bills have improved themselves in theory. They have to prove it on the field. Hate to admit it but the Green Filth does have the best D in the division. We are good, not elite. We need more pass rush than just Cam and our Corner back play needs to improve, although they have both showed signs of being what we want them to be. Until proven otherwise the Pats D is garbage. They invested a lot this past draft. But,,, its all potential so far.

Not necessarily. I would rather be the better team. I would rather be 2011 GB and Pitt than I would 2010 Sea or 2011 Den, becasue moving forward those teams will have more success. Just becasue a team advances further in the playoffs doesn't necessarily make them the better team. Not everyone gets to play the same opponents. The Jets Advanced further in 09 because of who they played in the first round. NE got Bal, and the Jets got Cincy. If it was the other way around, NE would have advanced further and the Jets would have been 1 and done.

The Jets played a good game against NE in 2010, but that is 1 game. It doesn't make them the better team. Yes, they had a better overall season since they advanced further in the playoffs, but Den also had a better overall season than Pitt and GB. That doesn't make Den better than those teams.

If you want to claim that the Jets had the better overall seasons in 09 and 10, that is fine. But if you want to look at it over a 3 year period (Jets missing the playoffs while NE makes the SB), you have to say NE has been better. 1 Super Bowl app in 3 years is better than 2 AFCCG in 3 years.

2010 Sea and 2011 Den were fluky games, one time things w/ those teams how they were constructed, the Jets were not a fluke in 2010. Under rex through '09 & '10 the jets were 3-2 against NE inclduing winning that playoff game, there wasn't anything fluky about beating them. NE was rightfully favored based on the game in dec and being at home but there wasn't anything fluky about the win.

1 SB app against an easier road and then they lost to a 9-7 team. The jets had less luck in not getting to face a .500 team int he div rd, host Joe Flacco then face a 9-7 team for the title.

Back
Top Bottom