ESPN James Walker: Fins have 3rd best defense........in the AFC East | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN James Walker: Fins have 3rd best defense........in the AFC East

Crypt Keeper

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/42464/ranking-afc-east-defenses

No. 3: Miami Dolphins

miagif-1.jpg
Analysis: This will surely upset Dolphins fans, many of whom feel their defense is elite. Well, as I've said before, Miami's defense is somewhat overrated. It's a good group and a tough group. But it's not elite. Miami was ranked No. 15 in total defense. Its pass defense was No. 25. The Dolphins are still looking for another pass-rusher opposite Cameron Wake, who had eight sacks in 2011. They also lost their leading tackler in Bell and their leader in Jason Taylor, who retired. Miami will play more 4-3 concepts under first-year defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle.

What a clown this Walker guy is. He says the Jets have the #1 defense and the Bills have the #2 defense. ESPN needs a new AFC East beat writer.

Who has been saying this defense is elite? I actually think our D will be top 10, but I actually do kind of agree with him. I think the Bills defense will be vastly improved this year.

The Jets have the best D in the division, on paper Buffalo has improved greatly so I can understand to Walkers point. Although Walker is incorrect about Taylor being the leader, the Fins don't have a pass rush other then Wake, still don't have a proven answer at FS, need to fill Bells spot and only have one solid boundary corner. Add in that they will be changing systems and it's easy to be skeptical.

news flash, the pats D is prob better than ours too.

The day they realize they actually have to cover TEs is the day we can start talking about them being a good defense. Poor pass defense in a pass-oriented league certainly won't get you there.

Walker has already distinguished himself as an il-informed slug; so there's really nothing to see here.

However, even if we were to give him the benefit of the doubt as being as right as that proverbial broken clock... ranking #3rd in the AFCE certainly does not disqualify them from still being a league-wide Top 10 D.

Back
Top Bottom