ESPN James Walker: Fins have 3rd best defense........in the AFC East | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN James Walker: Fins have 3rd best defense........in the AFC East

It was a 7 point win. The Jets only split with NE in 2010 because they played them in week 2 when Brady was coming off a serious knee injury. This past seasons results doesn't help your case. The 09 Jets didn't even deserve to make the playoffs and advanced further than NE only because they got to play Cincy and not Bal.

Brady was coming off his injury in 2009 not 2010. The loss in 2010 was NE's only through 7 games and one of 2 in the entire reg season.

In 2009 NE started 3-1 w/ the lone loss to the Jets and were 6-2 through the first half.

Only a 7 pt final score but NE tacked on a garbage time TD. The Jets dominated that game from the 2nd qtr on.

oh and that Cincy team SWEPT Baltimore AND Pittsburgh, they would have beaten Miami '08.

dolphins D stats were skewed by New England in the first game with 500+ passing yards. Rankings are very deceptive at times. Consistency makes you a better defense. Was Buffalo's defense consistent last year? So mario williams vs. Jake long makes me worry?

We'll see. To me, I just want t a defense that holds teams under 20 points. Whether or not we have the best D is not real important. If we are good, we will be ranked in top ten. The key is offense in the end. Good offense converting 3rd downs and Td's makes your D better, no matter how crappy it is.....look at last years New England team. dead last.

offseason is for media. If the Jets want to claim the paper champion title again....be my guest.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

oh btw, Matt Moore holds the longest drive in history against the jets. almost 13 minute drive. suck on that jets lovers!

dolphins D stats were skewed by New England in the first game with 500+ passing yards. Rankings are very deceptive at times. Consistency makes you a better defense. Was Buffalo's defense consistent last year? So mario williams vs. Jake long makes me worry?

We'll see. To me, I just want t a defense that holds teams under 20 points. Whether or not we have the best D is not real important. If we are good, we will be ranked in top ten. The key is offense in the end. Good offense converting 3rd downs and Td's makes your D better, no matter how crappy it is.....look at last years New England team. dead last.

offseason is for media. If the Jets want to claim the paper champion title again....be my guest.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

oh btw, Matt Moore holds the longest drive in history against the jets. almost 13 minute drive. suck on that jets lovers!

Consitently under rex the Jets have ben better in the offseason and the reg season.

The Moore drive was embarrassing.

Brady was coming off his injury in 2009 not 2010. The loss in 2010 was NE's only through 7 games and one of 2 in the entire reg season.

In 2009 NE started 3-1 w/ the lone loss to the Jets and were 6-2 through the first half.

Only a 7 pt final score but NE tacked on a garbage time TD. The Jets dominated that game from the 2nd qtr on.

oh and that Cincy team SWEPT Baltimore AND Pittsburgh, they would have beaten Miami '08.

The similar schedules got me confused. It is a lot like 2010 when the Jets beat them in week 2 before being blown out in the 2nd game.

I think the Jets match up well with NE, but splitting in the regular season and winning 1 playoff game doesn't prove they are the better team. If the Jets beat NE more than once in the playoffs, then I would agree. I just don't believe the Jets were better than NE in 2010 and they were certainly not better in 2011.

It was a 3 point game at the start of the 4th. NE tacked on a garbage time TD, but the Jets also returned an onside kick to the 20 which resulted in a TD right before that. It was a good win for the Jets, but far from a whooping.

Bal and Pitt both had down years with each going 9-7, and Cincy was a horrible team by the end of the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
When the jets faced Brady in game 2 in 09, he was still quite gun shy, had a poor game on the heels of almost losing the opener the previous week to buffalo if not for a late game brainfart by McKelvin. Still, NJ managed to beat him by the unimpressive score of 16-7. You better believe a guy who sat out all the prior season was both scared and shaky until he got his sea legs under him. Of course NJ by the game 10 rematch, Jersey had already lost 5 of their last 6. This time when facing a healthy, confident Brady is was a different story entirely when he went off on them 28-41, 310 yds on the way to battering the jets 31-14. Hell, I think a mid season 08 healthy Cassell was more of a challenge than the shaky Brady faced by the jest in game 2. Bottom Line: miserable performance for a mediocre team that stepped in such smelly $hit that the league immediately revised their late season scheduling policies.

Not sure why we're arguing and comparing ourselves to the Jets.Shouldn't we be shooting a bit higher than that!

bc your d is getting old and overrated.

Ages during the season of prjected 2012 starters:

DE: Coples- rookie or Devito 28
DE: Wilkerson 23
NT: pouha 33
OLBs: pace 32 and Thomas 33
ILBs: Scott 32 and Harris 28
CBs: Revis 27 & Cro 28
Safeties: Landry 28 & Smith 29

4 players who are in their early 30s, that's a good mix.

The similar schedules got me confused. It is a lot like 2010 when the Jets beat them in week 2 before being blown out in the 2nd game.

I think the Jets match up well with NE, but splitting in the regular season and winning 1 playoff game doesn't prove they are the better team. If the Jets beat NE more than once in the playoffs, then I would agree. I just don't believe the Jets were better than NE in 2010 and they were certainly not better in 2011.

It was a 3 point game at the start of the 4th. NE tacked on a garbage time TD, but the Jets also returned an onside kick to the 20 which resulted in a TD right before that. It was a good win for the Jets, but far from a whooping.

Bal and Pitt both had down years with each going 9-7, and Cincy was a horrible team by the end of the season.

The biggest game the 2 teams ahve every played was won by the Jets in fairly convincing fashion. 2 of the last 3 years the Jets havre advanced further, NE was w/o a doubt better last year but the Jets get the edge the 2 previous years.

The Jets led 14-3 at the half, NE scored late in the 3rd to make it 14-11, just over 2mins later the Jets led 21-11. At no point in the 2nd half did NE have the ball w/ a chance to tie or take the lead, the Jets led 28-14 w/ under 2 mins left, NE scored a garbage time TD. The Jets controlled that game.

If Bal and Pitt would have swept Cincy each would have been 11-5, right? Cincy was a reason both had down years.

Not sure why we're arguing and comparing ourselves to the Jets.Shouldn't we be shooting a bit higher than that!

You should probably be shooting much lower b/c there are many teams btw the Jets & Dolphins.

Who is James Walker......Fins will have a top 5 defense this year

The biggest game the 2 teams ahve every played was won by the Jets in fairly convincing fashion. 2 of the last 3 years the Jets havre advanced further, NE was w/o a doubt better last year but the Jets get the edge the 2 previous years.

The Jets led 14-3 at the half, NE scored late in the 3rd to make it 14-11, just over 2mins later the Jets led 21-11. At no point in the 2nd half did NE have the ball w/ a chance to tie or take the lead, the Jets led 28-14 w/ under 2 mins left, NE scored a garbage time TD. The Jets controlled that game.

If Bal and Pitt would have swept Cincy each would have been 11-5, right? Cincy was a reason both had down years.

You must mean that it was the biggest game the two teams have ever had against each other, becasue playing in the Super Bowl is much bigger than playing a division rival in the playoffs. It was a big game, but not tons different than the WC game they played in 2006. It was just 1 round further.

I saw the game. The Jets controlled the game, but it was far from a whooping.

If Pitt could have beaten 7-9 Chi, 4-12 KC, 5-11 Oak, or 5-11 Cle they could have been 13-3. What is the point? They lost to bad teams all year which shows they had a down year.

44 years you mean

If 2 AFCC game losses makes you elite over a 3 year period, doesn't actually getting to the Super Bowl in that same 3 year period make you better?

You must mean that it was the biggest game the two teams have ever had against each other, becasue playing in the Super Bowl is much bigger than playing a division rival in the playoffs. It was a big game, but not tons different than the WC game they played in 2006. It was just 1 round further.

I saw the game. The Jets controlled the game, but it was far from a whooping.

If Pitt could have beaten 7-9 Chi, 4-12 KC, 5-11 Oak, or 5-11 Cle they could have been 13-3. What is the point? They lost to bad teams all year which shows they had a down year.

If 2 AFCC game losses makes you elite over a 3 year period, doesn't actually getting to the Super Bowl in that same 3 year period make you better?

yes, I meant the biggest game ever btw the 2 teams.

The difference btw the WC rd and div rd is HUGE

It's nice to be one of those teams that has "down seasons" at 8-8/9-7.

There is better than elite, it's called being a Super Bowl Champion. They have their own category.

yes, I meant the biggest game ever btw the 2 teams.

The difference btw the WC rd and div rd is HUGE

It's nice to be one of those teams that has "down seasons" at 8-8/9-7.

There is better than elite, it's called being a Super Bowl Champion. They have their own category.

I agree that it is the biggest game between the 2 teams, but I don't think it is a HUGE difference from the WC round. It is different, but it is only a 1 round difference for the right to go to the AFCC game. It is not like they were playing for the right to go to the Super Bowl.

You actually have to be better than 8-8 / 9-7 in the prior seasons to consider it a down year. :lol: Pitt proved they had a down year being 12-4 the year before and back to back 12-4 seasons after including 2 trips to the Super Bowl in that time frame. The Jets really didn't have a very different season than they did in 09. They just had to play a couple of those "Bad teams" instead of teams that rest their starters and had no desire to win. :D

I call that the difference of being elite and not.

I agree that it is the biggest game between the 2 teams, but I don't think it is a HUGE difference from the WC round. It is different, but it is only a 1 round difference for the right to go to the AFCC game. It is not like they were playing for the right to go to the Super Bowl.

You actually have to be better than 8-8 / 9-7 in the prior seasons to consider it a down year. :lol: Pitt proved they had a down year being 12-4 the year before and back to back 12-4 seasons after including 2 trips to the Super Bowl in that time frame. The Jets really didn't have a very different season than they did in 09. They just had to play a couple of those "Bad teams" instead of teams that rest their starters and had no desire to win. :D

I call that the difference of being elite and not.

only team to reach 2 title games
lead AFC in playoff wins
tied for NFL lead in playoff wins

That's elite

Back
Top Bottom