ESPN James Walker: Fins have 3rd best defense........in the AFC East | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN James Walker: Fins have 3rd best defense........in the AFC East

You asked for common games, that's not a common game. You played the Jets and we played the Dolphins.

The difference is significant over the last 3 years, one team has been an elite team playing for the right to go to Super Bowls while the other hasn't come close to a playoff app. We won 4 playoff games the last 3 years, that's only 2 less than you won in 16 reg season games last year and 3 less than the 2 previous years.

Jets > Dolphins

Jets = not elite

That's all there is to it.

Reality:
Patriots >>>>>>>>>>>Jets>Dolphins

2ez7lg3-1.jpg

You asked for common games, that's not a common game. You played the Jets and we played the Dolphins.

The difference is significant over the last 3 years, one team has been an elite team playing for the right to go to Super Bowls while the other hasn't come close to a playoff app. We won 4 playoff games the last 3 years, that's only 2 less than you won in 16 reg season games last year and 3 less than the 2 previous years.

We are comparing how much better the Jets are than the Dolphins. What better way than to compare common games and the head to head games? The Dolphins have won 4 out of 6 against the Jets and there has only been a 4 game difference in the common games with the Jets getting most of the breaks in those games, including the Colts resting their starters.

It is kind of funny that you say that the Dolphins haven't been close to a playoff appearance when they had the same 7-6 record the Jets had in 09 with 3 games to go. The difference is the Dolphins didn't get to play 2 teams that had no desire to win like the Jets did. The Jets have realistically been 8-8 two out of three seasons with close wins while the Dolphins have been 7-9 two out of three seasons with close losses. The Jets won 2 playoff games in 09 when they didn't get there on their own merit. Could the Dolphins have beaten a bad Cincy team had they been given the same opportunity? Absolutely!

You can't just go blindly on 4 playoff wins in 3 years to 0. You have to look at how they made the playoffs, the head to head games and common games. You can point to the 4 playoff wins, but had it been the Dolphins who got to play Indy backups instead of the Jets , it could easily be 2 playoff wins for the Jets (2010) compared to 1 playoff win for the Dolphins (2009)

I have no problem telling you that the Jets have been the better team these last 3 years, but the reality is the gap isn't as far as you like to think. It is not surprising to me since you also think the Jets (who have realistically been 8-8 two out of three seasons) are elite. :D

And you say Dolphins fans live in the past. :chuckle: 2 out of 3 of those guys aren't even on the team anymore.

I seem to recall things going a little different this past season:

clear.gif

The biggest game the 2 teams have played in recent years was won pretty handily by the Jets on NE's homefield in the div rd. That's bigger than sweeping us last year.

as far as the picture, we are only one season removed and there is still a chance Braylon will be back.

Is this photo better for you?

JetsPatriotsJan2011065-1.jpg

Jets D allowed 20.4 PPG
Mia D allowed 20 PPG

Miami D played meaningless games the 2nd half of the season. The D's produced at a simialr level, neither was very good but only a dolphin homwe would suggest Miami will have a better D in 2012.

What? Can you not read the stats? Miami allowed 19.6 and the Jets allowed 22.7. ONly a Jet's homer would suggest they'll have a better D in 2012 given the huge gap between the two defenses last season, a gap that even LT could recognize.

The biggest game the 2 teams have played in recent years was won pretty handily by the Jets on NE's homefield in the div rd. That's bigger than sweeping us last year.

as far as the picture, we are only one season removed and there is still a chance Braylon will be back.

Is this photo better for you?

JetsPatriotsJan2011065-1.jpg

Nope. No better. I think I see Robert Turner and Jammal Westerman in that photo who are also no longer with the team. :lol:

Does that make them better? You don't seem to care that the Dolphins have won 4 out of 6 against the Jets, so why does 1 playoff win against them mean so much? Regardless, it was in 2010. It is not just about sweeping the Jets in 2011. NE was able to do something this past year that the Jets have been unable to do in forever, which is actually win an AFCC game. :chuckle:

What? Can you not read the stats? Miami allowed 19.6 and the Jets allowed 22.7. ONly a Jet's homer would suggest they'll have a better D in 2012 given the huge gap between the two defenses last season, a gap that even LT could recognize.

I usd ACTUAL points allowed and despite Miami playing zewro meaningful games the 2nd half they only had a slight lead. We have a bettre defensive mind and more talent. There isn't a non dolphin homer who would suggest Miami will have a better D this year. Tell me again how great they were?:lol:

Nope. No better. I think I see Robert Turner and Jammal Westerman in that photo who are also no longer with the team. :lol:

Does that make them better? You don't seem to care that the Dolphins have won 4 out of 6 against the Jets, so why does 1 playoff win against them mean so much? Regardless, it was in 2010. It is not just about sweeping the Jets in 2011. NE was able to do something this past year that the Jets have been unable to do in forever, which is actually win an AFCC game. :chuckle:

You are comparing winning a couple of late season, meaningless games to winning a div rd playoff game on the road? That one game is like 10 reg season wins.

NE did win an AFC title game, congrats to them. If our '10 team played in '11 I think we would have won it but that didn't happen. we beat up a better NE team the year before.

And you say Dolphins fans live in the past. :chuckle: 2 out of 3 of those guys aren't even on the team anymore.

I seem to recall things going a little different this past season:

clear.gif

Sanchez crapped his pants so bad in that game that you can actually see it coming out of he top of his pants. ^ :sidelol:

You are comparing winning a couple of late season, meaningless games to winning a div rd playoff game on the road? That one game is like 10 reg season wins.

NE did win an AFC title game, congrats to them. If our '10 team played in '11 I think we would have won it but that didn't happen. we beat up a better NE team the year before.

Vaark had posted:

Reality:

and your reply was the photo from the 2010 playoff win against NE as if the Jets were the better team.

If the Jets are better than the Dolphins even when they lose 4 out of 6 games to them, I don't understand how can you say the Jets are better than NE after 1 playoff win. My reply to that pic was a pic from the most recent season in which the Pats made the Super Bowl while the Jets missed the playoffs.

I was comparing NE most recent season which resulted in a Super Bowl birth to 2 AFCCG losses. Which brings us back to:

Reality:

Last edited by a moderator:
Vaark had posted:

Reality:

and your reply was the photo from the 2010 playoff win against NE as if the Jets were the better team.

If the Jets are better than the Dolphins even when they lose 4 out of 6 games to them, I don't understand how can you say the Jets are better than NE after 1 playoff win. My reply to that pic was a pic from the most recent season in which the Pats made the Super Bowl while the Jets missed the playoffs.

I was comparing NE most recent season which resulted in a Super Bowl birth to 2 AFCCG losses. Which brings us back to:

Reality:

The Jets were better and proved it on the biggest stage btw the teams, if Miami beat us in the div rd I'd say Miami was better even if we had a few more reg season wins.

teams play to win in jan/Feb and 2 of the last 3 years the Jets advanced further and were the best team in the division.

The Jets were better and proved it on the biggest stage btw the teams, if Miami beat us in the div rd I'd say Miami was better even if we had a few more reg season wins.

teams play to win in jan/Feb and 2 of the last 3 years the Jets advanced further and were the best team in the division.

1 game isn't proof that 1 team is better than another. Sea wasn't better than NO even though they beat them in the playoffs. NE made the Super Bowl in this most recent season which is further than the Jets have made it in 3 years.

1 game isn't proof that 1 team is better than another. Sea wasn't better than NO even though they beat them in the playoffs. NE made the Super Bowl in this most recent season which is further than the Jets have made it in 3 years.

The Jets split w/ NE in the reg season then whooped them at NE in the div rd, for 2 straight years the Jets advanced further including that whooping. This wasn't some fluky home win like Seattle had against a team w/ a SB hangover.

The Jets split w/ NE in the reg season then whooped them at NE in the div rd, for 2 straight years the Jets advanced further including that whooping. This wasn't some fluky home win like Seattle had against a team w/ a SB hangover.

It was a 7 point win. The Jets only split with NE in 2010 because they played them in week 2 when Brady was coming off a serious knee injury. This past seasons results doesn't help your case. The 09 Jets didn't even deserve to make the playoffs and advanced further than NE only because they got to play Cincy and not Bal.

Back
Top Bottom