ESPN - James Walker Miami Dolphins 2013 Roster Projection 1.0 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN - James Walker Miami Dolphins 2013 Roster Projection 1.0

Bold prediction: daniel thomas, jimmy Wilson, dmitri Patterson, trusnik, spitler are cut and lee Robinson, Tyms, and kaddu make team. Jenkins is trusniks replacement and gillislee is basically another Daniel Thomas.

if spitler makes this team again im going to lose my ****. there is going to be better mlbs on the waiver

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Bold prediction: daniel thomas, jimmy Wilson, dmitri Patterson, trusnik, spitler are cut and lee Robinson, Tyms, and kaddu make team. Jenkins is trusniks replacement and gillislee is basically another Daniel Thomas.

DT wont be cut. they love him. I could actually see a surprise cut in gray. wouldn't that be some ****

I agree with a lot. However, I have a few differences at this point
- I got Egnew cut
- cut Louis and kept waiver pick up on the line
- kept Francis over Randall
- kept Kaddu and McCrary
- here is my bold prediction....Dimitri Patterson is cut. I think they like him, but not for a 4.6 salary cap charge. No dead money with his release. For the record, I would keep him. However, this a prediction thread so there it is.

I think the only way Patterson is cut is if jamar taylor becomes a factor and preforms after missing so much time, and I don't see that happening

if spitler makes this team again im going to lose my ****. there is going to be better mlbs on the waiver

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

DT wont be cut. they love him. I could actually see a surprise cut in gray. wouldn't that be some ****

That time of year again.. Trade bait? Then again Ireland has success with players in their third year. Ill give dt credit, he does look better now than he did past two seasons. He's playing faster and looks to be actually lighter.

I think we may keep Yeatman over Louis just because they see some potential there. I know it leaves us with little experience behind Martin with Garner on the mend. But if he comes back, I think we would be OK. Then there is always guys we could pick up in a pinch off the waiver wire.

They need to keep Yeatman badly.

He's really the only offensive tackle that can spell Martin.

And Garner is already hurt. As well as Louis slower to heal than first thought.

Yeatman makes the team imo.

LD

I'm a little concerned that there would be no one on the roster to fill Mike Wallace's role as the downfield threat if he got hurt.

Now you finally join the bandwagon? I've been beating that drum so loudly and very few Dolfans have been helping me out, lol. Wallace goes down and we're essentially a collection of poor 2s and decent 3s and FA WRS, once again.

One reason why I'd like to see Tyms make the roster. He's got way more upside than most WRs on the roster not named Wallace. He's rough, but talented. And give me somewhat-rough talent over maxed out non-talent every day. Because by the end of the year, with development and coaching, you have much more than you'd have choosing the mediocre option.

LD

Now you finally join the bandwagon? I've been beating that drum so loudly and very few Dolfans have been helping me out, lol. Wallace goes down and we're essentially a collection of poor 2s and decent 3s and FA WRS, once again.

One reason why I'd like to see Tyms make the roster. He's got way more upside than most WRs on the roster not named Wallace. He's rough, but talented. And give me somewhat-rough talent over maxed out non-talent every day. Because by the end of the year, with development and coaching, you have much more than you'd have choosing the mediocre option.

LD
Detroit, Kansas City, Houston, Chicago, Carolina, Arizona, Buffalo, Ravens, Bengals, Philadelphia, Minnesota, Jets, Jacksonville (?), Washington have this problem as well, and I'd say that we have the best number #2 WR of all of these teams. Not even to mention teams where our #2 would be that team's #1. There are very few teams with multiple good-elite WRs. Dallas, Seattle (maybe?), Green Bay, Atlanta, Tampa, Giants, New Orleans, Indianapolis, and Denver is all I've got.

The point is that what you're describing is not a problem. There's a reason why guys are 2s and 3s, and there's a reason why over half the teams in the league have one number 1 receiver (or less) and then 2s and 3s.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's about right, but in my depth chart i'd have Freeny over Spitler and McCray over D. Thomas. Gray could possibly play a little fullback due to his size and Thomas can't.. I highly doubt we keep 4 running backs and not have a true FB in the group...

Miller is our every down back, Gillislee comes in when Lamar needs a rest, Gray comes in on short yardage situations, Thigpen is the scat back/hb that will be moved around the field and Clay and Gray take turns playing the FB position. That's how i'd manage it.

I think the only way Patterson is cut is if jamar taylor becomes a factor and preforms after missing so much time, and I don't see that happening

I don't think you can pay Patterson and Marshall. For me Marshall stays and Patterson rolls.

I think McCray makes it, Wilson might be in trouble there. I think Yeatman over Louis. We carry 5 RBs with Thiggy as the 5th, Sherman said he wants our identity to be rush oriented. Bump and Tyms both make it, Tyms has the upside you look to develop and Bump can make plays. And Kaddu makes it over Spitler or Trusnik.

It happens every year that a "solid vet" we and the media thinks will make it based on playing time and possible contribution gets cut. Jake Grove, David Martin and Will Allen are just a few names I can think of.

Look I hope they keep him. You can never have enough CB's and for once I would like depth back there. I am tired of the Nolan Carroll experience and Jimmy Wilson sucks in coverage. However, this team doubled down on CB's and has invested time and effort into Carroll. Either Patterson or Marshall goes...

If this happens, I will say I told you so....but at the same time say it is a mistake.

Back
Top Bottom