ESPN - James Walker Miami Dolphins 2013 Roster Projection 1.0 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN - James Walker Miami Dolphins 2013 Roster Projection 1.0

Detroit, Kansas City, Houston, Chicago, Carolina, Arizona, Buffalo, Ravens, Bengals, Philadelphia, Minnesota, Jets, Jacksonville (?), Washington have this problem as well, and I'd say that we have the best number #2 WR of all of these teams. Not even to mention teams where our #2 would be that team's #1. There are very few teams with multiple good-elite WRs. Dallas, Seattle (maybe?), Green Bay, Atlanta, Tampa, Giants, New Orleans, Indianapolis, and Denver is all I've got.

The point is that what you're describing is not a problem. There's a reason why guys are 2s and 3s, and there's a reason why over half the teams in the league have one number 1 receiver (or less) and then 2s and 3s.

It's a problem, it's just not a problem you can do much about. It's like saying you need two elite QBs in case your starter goes down. It's just not something that happens.

I don't think you can pay Patterson and Marshall. For me Marshall stays and Patterson rolls.

Isn't Patterson starting opposite Grimes? No way he gets cut if he's playing that well. I bet we keep 6 CB's. And ..... our cap at least this year ..... allows us to keep both Patterson and Marshall at their current salaries. Give them both this year since we can afford todo so and address their salaries next year based on how they perform now.

I don't see em going with 3 safeties but I do think McCray could use a little more seasoning...yeatman is almost ready to play for them I don't think they will give up when he's close...and frankly he's the only potential left tackle option down the road...keeps showing like he did against jax and I think he makes it...likely to get a bump up though in comp reps tonight...

If lance Louis isn't full go by next weeks game he's gone...they can't trust him...he better hurry up and play in games before he runs out of time...

I am nervous about tyms being claimed if we cut him but we may be able to pull it off...I'm glad walker has us keeping the 5 most ready to help us now wrs...

Honestly not sure why he thinks Thomas and gilleslee is ahead of gray. If you go on TC PS production alone Gray backs up miller and the third spot is a fight between Thomas /gilleslee. Also not sure Matthews beats out Bumphis. Matthews hasn't done a thing all off-season.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Agree

I think McCray makes it, Wilson might be in trouble there. I think Yeatman over Louis. We carry 5 RBs with Thiggy as the 5th, Sherman said he wants our identity to be rush oriented. Bump and Tyms both make it, Tyms has the upside you look to develop and Bump can make plays. And Kaddu makes it over Spitler or Trusnik.

I approve! lol

LD

One reason why I'd like to see Tyms make the roster. He's got way more upside than most WRs on the roster not named Wallace. He's rough, but talented. ...
LD

That is my thought exactly LDaniel7. Tyms has always had ability, and this preseason he looks like he's turning the corner and translating it into production. He has had several big plays where he was open deep or medium and the QB couldn't get him the ball ... and those are likely not his fault (possibly poor route running but it didn't appear to be).

Given this staff's preoccupation with big WR's that have some speed, I can't see them cutting Tyms. If he is released, he will play elsewhere because he's shown too much to clear waivers. Prior to the Keller injury, I thought Tyms might have been slightly ahead of Bumphis for the last WR spot. Now, we almost have to keep Bumphis, and that puts Tyms on the bubble.

Let's not discount late acquisitions. Most teams pick up one or two late cuts, and I think we will also. Our OL needs help, and while the Yeatman/Louis decision is intriguing, I can definitely see us scooping up a veteran RG adding Samuda on that bubble.

While on the surface it seems odd that they would consider only 3 safeties, I can definitely see us grabbing a veteran safety and cutting Jimmy Wilson. Frankly, I'd say keeping both Patterson and Marshall is surprising from a salary cap point of view. Let's be honest, Nolan Carroll is a journeyman at best, Jimmy Wilson is subpar, and after our starters and our rookies, all our DB's are on the bubble. Good luck to Jordan Kovacs and Don Jones, but I'll be shocked if we keep either. The last roster spots will be decided by Special Teams play, not who is the better backup. That's why Thigpen, Trusnick and even Spitler have good shots to make the roster.

I wonder which talented guy we cut ends up blossoming elsewhere? It happens so often to Miami. Tyms in Green Bay? Yeatman in New England? Bumphis in New York? Louis in Chicago?

That is my thought exactly LDaniel7. Tyms has always had ability, and this preseason he looks like he's turning the corner and translating it into production. He has had several big plays where he was open deep or medium and the QB couldn't get him the ball ... and those are likely not his fault (possibly poor route running but it didn't appear to be).

Given this staff's preoccupation with big WR's that have some speed, I can't see them cutting Tyms. If he is released, he will play elsewhere because he's shown too much to clear waivers. Prior to the Keller injury, I thought Tyms might have been slightly ahead of Bumphis for the last WR spot. Now, we almost have to keep Bumphis, and that puts Tyms on the bubble.

Let's not discount late acquisitions. Most teams pick up one or two late cuts, and I think we will also. Our OL needs help, and while the Yeatman/Louis decision is intriguing, I can definitely see us scooping up a veteran RG adding Samuda on that bubble.

While on the surface it seems odd that they would consider only 3 safeties, I can definitely see us grabbing a veteran safety and cutting Jimmy Wilson. Frankly, I'd say keeping both Patterson and Marshall is surprising from a salary cap point of view. Let's be honest, Nolan Carroll is a journeyman at best, Jimmy Wilson is subpar, and after our starters and our rookies, all our DB's are on the bubble. Good luck to Jordan Kovacs and Don Jones, but I'll be shocked if we keep either. The last roster spots will be decided by Special Teams play, not who is the better backup. That's why Thigpen, Trusnick and even Spitler have good shots to make the roster.

I wonder which talented guy we cut ends up blossoming elsewhere? It happens so often to Miami. Tyms in Green Bay? Yeatman in New England? Bumphis in New York? Louis in Chicago?

Well thought out! And I have to agree -- especially on Tyms.

It gets frustrating to be a Fin Fan, whenever year after year skill positions are negated by getting high on mediocre talent and valuing some weird "consistency" over playmaking ability. It's SO nearsighted... and leads to a situation where OOPS! one person injured and suddenly we have a roster full of ho-hum players, even when spending quality draft picks for two years on a certain position [like TE].

Frustrating!!

Good post though! thanks!

LD

Back
Top Bottom