ESPN: Jets looking to trade up for Sanchez | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN: Jets looking to trade up for Sanchez

UT the Jet

Rookie
Reaction score
Just reported by Sal Paolantonio on ESPN that the Jets are lookin to trade up for Mark Sanchez.

Sanchez >>> Pennington/Henne

And how do you figure that? A rookie QB who spent a year playing in college and could never prove he was a better QB than John David Booty is better than an 8 year vetran with one of the highest completion percentages in NFL history...

Say it out loud. Think about what you're saying. And I'm a guy who likes Mark Sanchez and isn't that big a fan of Chad Pennington. But stats do not lie.

Not only that, but of the past 18 QB's who have been drafted in the first round, 11 of those a big time BUSTS. Trading up in the draft to get a guy like Sanchez...the odds are NOT in the JETS favor.

FACT

But, if the Jets feel the need to mortgage all of their draft picks like they're on their last dollar of Monopoly, then all the power to them.

Sanchez has Jeff Garcia written all over him....Im definately not trading up for Jeff Garcia. If they come out and say "we have a trade" I will do something I have never done before....I will chant JETS JETS JETS...It would make my day to see the Jets trade up for him. We could draft a long snapper at 25 and I wouldnt care at that point.

I hate to say this, but Rex Ryan has done a great job so far in NY.

It's hard to say whether or not they are really interested in trading up for Sanchez. They clearly arent sold on Clemens since they were one of the front runners to land Cutler, however i don't see Ryan trading two pics to land Sanchez.

If he falls, they'll take him. However i don't think they are willing to trade up for him.

Back
Top Bottom