ESPN: Jets looking to trade up for Sanchez | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN: Jets looking to trade up for Sanchez

What exactly has Garcia done for you to say this?

Garcia has been a good QB in this league for a while. He won playoff games w/ 2 different teams, led 3 teams to the postseason,SF hasn't done anything since he left. he's a good, pro QB. If Henne is even close to him you guys will be thrilled. I don't get the unreal expectations for Henne, the funny thing is dolphin fans will clammor to get henne in and pennington out then they will go back to the cycle of trying to get a starting QB. henne will not be as good as Pennington or Garcia.

If you evaluate Qb's as well as you Fo does I can understand why you say this.

If Garcia was that good he wouldnt have been on so many teams. When you find a franchise Qb, you don't let them go....unless youre the broncos I guess.

If you evaluate Qb's as well as you Fo does I can understand why you say this.

When is the last time Parcells drafted a quality QB? Bledsoe? he was average and was the #1 overall pick. Chad henne is nothing special, he is the next john Beck and if you guys draft another QB we'll here how great that QB will be but they never pan out for some reason.

If Garcia was that good he wouldnt have been on so many teams. When you find a franchise Qb, you don't let them go....unless youre the broncos I guess.

It happens, SF was rebuilding and decidied to move on, he went to Philly where they had a starter and now he's getting old. The man took THREE different teams to postseason which is 3 more than all the Miami QBs from 2002-2007 which included the next great dolphin QBs AJ Feeley, Daunte Culpepper, Trent Green, Cleo Lemon and John Beck.

Only one of those were drafted....all by what has been proven to be complete morons in the FO. I have blasted every one of those moves. Henne may be crap, he may turn out to be good...nobody knows. All Im saying is Garcia is not "franchise" qb or the vikes, jets, and bears would have been lined up to sign him and he wouldnt be a backup for the raiders. He wasnt that old in San Fran, so apparently they didnt see him as the future either.

Only one of those were drafted....all by what has been proven to be complete morons in the FO. I have blasted every one of those moves. Henne may be crap, he may turn out to be good...nobody knows. All Im saying is Garcia is not "franchise" qb or the vikes, jets, and bears would have been lined up to sign him and he wouldnt be a backup for the raiders. He wasnt that old in San Fran, so apparently they didnt see him as the future either.

Garcia is very old now, he wasn't given a chance when he was young. When he became a starter 10 years ago he was already almost 30 years old. That's why teams aren't lining up.

Parcells only quality QB draft pick was Bledsoe and considering he was take 1 overall he wasn't worth it.

70% of all first rd QB's are busts. That is probably the hardest position to predict. The "Garcia wasn't given a chnce" line sounds like something the Beck lovers on this site try to float. If a QB is any good, you don't let him go. He did pick up Romo as an undrafted QB, think that one worked out. Just goes to show how inexact Qb picks are. There is just no way I would trade up to draft any QB. If you miss you just set your franchise back at least 4 years and you're pretty much guaranteed to get fired.

70% of all first rd QB's are busts. That is probably the hardest position to predict. The "Garcia wasn't given a chnce" line sounds like something the Beck lovers on this site try to float. If a QB is any good, you don't let him go. He did pick up Romo as an undrafted QB, think that one worked out. Just goes to show how inexact Qb picks are. There is just no way I would trade up to draft any QB. If you miss you just set your franchise back at least 4 years and you're pretty much guaranteed to get fired.

There are busts at every position, the draft is a crap shoot. No matter how much work a team puts into scouting at the end of the day they have no idea if a player will make it or not.

He picked up Romo not w/ the intention to start. He got lucky on that one and last I checked neither romo or the Cowboys players he picked have ever been a part of a playoff win.

Picking QBs is very difficult but Arizona and ten missed(so far) on their top 10 QBs from 3 years ago and Ari made the SB last year while Ten had the #1 seed in the AFC so it COULD set you back a few years if you make the wrong pick but not always. I don't know whether Sanchez will be a success or not but I think he has all the tools and would be worth it as long as we don't have to give too much.

Garcia has been a good QB in this league for a while. He won playoff games w/ 2 different teams, led 3 teams to the postseason,SF hasn't done anything since he left. he's a good, pro QB. If Henne is even close to him you guys will be thrilled. I don't get the unreal expectations for Henne, the funny thing is dolphin fans will clammor to get henne in and pennington out then they will go back to the cycle of trying to get a starting QB. henne will not be as good as Pennington or Garcia.

I don't have any expectations for Henne b/c I have no idea what he will be like. But you just said Henne will never be as good as Garcia, so according to you, Henne and the Dolphins won't win playoff games or get to the postseason (if they do, they won't go far, as Garcia has never won the SB.)

I don't have any expectations for Henne b/c I have no idea what he will be like. But you just said Henne will never be as good as Garcia, so according to you, Henne and the Dolphins won't win playoff games or get to the postseason (if they do, they won't go far, as Garcia has never won the SB.)

From what I have seen of henne I am not high on him, I don't think he'll be leading Miami to postseasons. I hope Miami is foolish enough to start him over Pennington at some point in the near future.

From what I have seen of henne I am not high on him, I don't think he'll be leading Miami to postseasons. I hope Miami is foolish enough to start him over Pennington at some point in the near future.

Ok. Why would he be drafted by this regime draft the fella if this (your opinion) was true?

Arent you the one that is on here flaming pennington? so why now the quasi man crush? And what about Henne have you seen that you didnt like? I myself am a fan of solid work ethics, good throwing mechanics, smart decision making, and a cannon arm, but we may have different views on what we like in a quarterback. Oh and btw, Chad Henne did all of his college gold without a superstar filled team around him. I know what you are going to say, he did have a couple good recievers, Mike Hart, and Jake Long. But for most of those years they had a subpar defense and holes in the offensive line.

Ok. Why would he be drafted by this regime draft the fella if this (your opinion) was true?

Can you rephrase the question?

Arent you the one that is on here flaming pennington? so why now the quasi man crush? And what about Henne have you seen that you didnt like? I myself am a fan of solid work ethics, good throwing mechanics, smart decision making, and a cannon arm, but we may have different views on what we like in a quarterback. Oh and btw, Chad Henne did all of his college gold without a superstar filled team around him. I know what you are going to say, he did have a couple good recievers, Mike Hart, and Jake Long. But for most of those years they had a subpar defense and holes in the offensive line.

I have always said good things about Pennington, I know all the good he did for us and I knew he'd help you as long as he was healthy.

The Big 10 was down in henne's years and he still couldn't win. He had enough good players around him where he should have been able to lead his team over App State at home.

Back
Top Bottom