ESPN: Jets looking to trade up for Sanchez | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN: Jets looking to trade up for Sanchez

Really Junc? What did Ryan Leaf do? Cade McNown? Tim Couch? Akili Smith? Alex Smith? David Carr? Even Jeff George? All high draft picks.

And what did Tom Brady do? Marques Colston? Wayne Chrebet? Even Devone Bess had a decent year.

Clemens still might but from the rumors at least, it appears the Jets may not give him the chance to show what he can do.

We'll have to see how it plays out.

Guys drafted later in the day certainly have as much chance to be great if not better then the guys at the top of the draft board.

My response was in repsonse to someone claiming how great Henne was in college.

Clemmens played in the pac-10, generally speaking weaker competition and a lot smaller venues than the big 10. Henne was a pocket passer, Clemmens ran the run and shoot offense....Henne has the stronger arm, henne has yet to come out and flop in the NFL...so saying Henne is Clemmens 2-3 yrs older isn't e en close to accurate. It may turn out to be true but all things being equal, if I had my choice of Clemmens and Henne in the draft I would take Henne.

The Pac 10 has been better than the Big 10 for a while now. The Big 10 has been awful the past 4-5 years.

There is a reason Sanchez is being talked about that high...the same reason Josh Freeman will get into rd. 1.....the QB class this yr is HORRIBLE!!! If Bradford and McCoy had come out this year nobody would be even thinking about Sanchez in Rd. 1

Whether the QB class is awful or not doesn't mean you reach to the top of the draft to get 1. The class in '00 wasn't good, the Jets got the 1st QB and it was Chad Pennington at #18. You don't panic and trade up for a QB unless you think that QB can succeed in the NFL so weak draft or not alot of teams really like him- more teams than liked henne a year ago.

You talk like App State was some pushover that hadnt been the champions of their division for 3 years running when they played Michigan, you can blame that on coaching and lack of preperation just as much as Henne. But you can also look the the Capital One bowl that year where they played my beloved Gators and Chad Henne went nuts 373yds with 3tds. Not to mention in his college career he threw 87 TDs to 37ints and had a 60% career completion not to mention a career college rating of 133.8 over 4 years.

So your saying if Bradford and McCoy were in the draft Sanchez would still be drafted in rd 1? Don't think so. WAY to many unknowns about the guy....other than USC the PAC 10 SUCKS.

You talk like App State was some pushover that hadnt been the champions of their division for 3 years running when they played Michigan, you can blame that on coaching and lack of preperation just as much as Henne. But you can also look the the Capital One bowl that year where they played my beloved Gators and Chad Henne went nuts 373yds with 3tds. Not to mention in his college career he threw 87 TDs to 37ints and had a 60% career completion not to mention a career college rating of 133.8 over 4 years.

Spare me the excuses. Michigan was a top 10 team at that point, they had top 10 talent and they lost to a 1AA team(or whatever they call it now). Even a Championships 1AA team shouldn't be able to play a close game against a ranked 1A team let alone beat them on the road.

So your saying if Bradford and McCoy were in the draft Sanchez would still be drafted in rd 1? Don't think so. WAY to many unknowns about the guy....other than USC the PAC 10 SUCKS.

If Sanchez played another year at USC he would have been a top 5 pick next year. people were afraid of the unknown. I was listening to Phil Simms talk about him yesterday and he saw Sanchez at a private workout and was blown away. He loved him on tape but this confiremd what he thought. I am not one to tout "experts" but when a guy who knows QBs gushes the way Simms did it has me even more convinced(I was before) that Sanchez will be a good pro.

The Pac 10 is better than the Big 10, the Big 10 has been a joke most of this decade. USC does count for the Pac 10 and you can say other than OSU the Pac 10 has been a joke yet OSU gets slaughtered every time they play a big team from another conference.

Who cares what Phil Simms thinks, he just loves New York.

and are you guys really using the collegiate careers of two Quarterbacks to argue which one is a better NFL prospect. Give me a break.

Chad Henne was solid at Michigan, but he never beat Ohio State. Mark Sanchez had a solid year at USC, but surrounded by basically pro-level talent and playing against teams who didn't have that same luxury and again only played one year. These facts are irrelevant until they've played at an NFL level.

And ESPN was money. Jets trade up to #5 and get 'em.

w/ an absolute steal of a deal. We essentially traded a 2nd rd pick to move up to #5(throwing in 3 expendable players). I couldn't have been happier w/ the move.

w/ an absolute steal of a deal. We essentially traded a 2nd rd pick to move up to #5(throwing in 3 expendable players). I couldn't have been happier w/ the move.

:sidelol:
Maybe those were "expendable players" IYO but I guess mangeni had a better pespective than you...

5 players for one guy who ONLY had 16 starts in college...

If anything Sanchez should have stayed for his senior season..

Yeah sounds like a steal to me as well...
:foundout:

Marino1983

:sidelol:
Maybe those were "expendable players" IYO but I guess mangeni had a better pespective than you...

5 players for one guy who ONLY had 16 starts in college...

If anything Sanchez should have stayed for his senior season..

Yeah sounds like a steal to me as well...
:foundout:

Marino1983

Marino1983

It was a steal. Moving from 17th to 5th pick and only losing one 2nd rd pick? Most would expect to give up at least an additional pick, probably a 2010 1st rd pick.

They gave up a handful of jags, none of whom would likely start in 2009.

It was a steal. Moving from 17th to 5th pick and only losing one 2nd rd pick? Most would expect to give up at least an additional pick, probably a 2010 1st rd pick.

They gave up a handful of jags, none of whom would likely start in 2009.

That is YOUR opinion!!

5 guys for one guy that played 16 colllege games!

Just because certan draftnicks think that guy already has a bust being molded for him in the HOF doesn't mean it is FACT!

I know you are a patsie fan but you must have a reality moment once in a while...

Marino1983

That is YOUR opinion!!

5 guys for one guy that played 16 colllege games!

Just because certan draftnicks think that guy already has a bust being molded for him in the HOF doesn't mean it is FACT!

I know you are a patsie fan but you must have a reality moment once in a while...

Marino1983

true, it is my opinion, one based on FACTS.

Coleman was the only one in the group that had been a starter and he was expendable because the Jets are changing their defense. Douglas was signed as his replacement.

the others couldn't start on a fairly weak Jets team, a team thats improved via free agency. Why would they have any shot now? Cleveland OTOH, needs bodies and guys who know his system.

I think it was a good deal on both sides. Can Sanchez be a franchise qb? time will tell. My post was that i didn't think it was a very high price to pay for the chance to get one.

Now the move to get Greene? that was a high price to pay considering the amount of picks they gave up.

Back
Top Bottom