ESPN: Jets looking to trade up for Sanchez | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN: Jets looking to trade up for Sanchez

Sorry about that.

Why would the Dolphins draft Henne if he had no real future? (i.e. like Garcia who won a few playoff games and will be better then Henne, as you said)

Obviously they think he has a future, every team thinks every player they draft will have some sort of future but teams make mistakes alot of times. From watching him at UM I never really liked him, I thouhgt he was ok and could be a quality backup but I never thought he could be good starter. Maybe he turns into one? I don't know I'm just giving my opinion.

I have always said good things about Pennington, I know all the good he did for us and I knew he'd help you as long as he was healthy.

The Big 10 was down in henne's years and he still couldn't win. He had enough good players around him where he should have been able to lead his team over App State at home.

And yet most sane fans would rather have Henne as QB over any QB on the Jets roster.:d-day:

So how about the latest rumor that if the Skins are looking to move up to grab Sanchez the Jets will try to pick up Campbell?

:rimshot:

And yet most sane fans would rather have Henne as QB over any QB on the Jets roster.:d-day:

So how about the latest rumor that if the Skins are looking to move up to grab Sanchez the Jets will try to pick up Campbell?

:rimshot:

Remember that Pennington was 1-7 for us 2 years ago when we had no Ol and no running game while w/ the same cast Kellen Clemens was 3-5. I want to see Kellen get a chance behind the revamped OL.

I'm not sure how I feel cabout Campbell, I want a vet to push Clemens and Ratliff but I want those guys to have a legit chance to win the starting job.

The same Campbell who the skins had to completely dumb down the playbook for?? Sounds like a good candidate for the jets.

I here jets fans talk about the 1-7 vs 3-5 thing a lot...it means absolutely nothing. There are way to many variables...its like saying that the bills lost to the raiders so we can beat the bills because we beat the raiders....to many variables.

The same Campbell who the skins had to completely dumb down the playbook for?? Sounds like a good candidate for the jets.

He was on his 3rd or 4th system in the last 3-4 years. It's tough for a vet to learn a new system imagine a young QB trying to learn a new system every year.

I here jets fans talk about the 1-7 vs 3-5 thing a lot...it means absolutely nothing. There are way to many variables...its like saying that the bills lost to the raiders so we can beat the bills because we beat the raiders....to many variables.

Yep, Clemens actually led us to a win over playoff bound Pitt, Chad's only win was over 1-15 Miami. I love Chad, I would take him over Clemens if given the choice. The point of this is to not evalutae Clemens off of that season b/c the OL was brutal and it made a good QB like Chad look really bad.

but there is a reason Sanchez is being talked about going as high as #4 while henne lasted until round 2.

But the big difference here is the salary Sanchez will command a large salary. The percentages of Sanchez panning out are not in favor of the Jets. That's not to say Sanchez won't be good but if you draft him at four, pay him boatloads of cash, and then he turns out to be an epic bust...that will set your franchise back YEARS. That's what happens in the NFL. Look at San Francisco. Look at Detroit with Harrington. This is a very difficult science of drafting QB's. Henne could bust as well. He could easily bust based on the percentages. But if he does in fact bust, he doesn't hurt us as much as a Sanchez bust would hurt you. Henne isn't getting near the cash Sanchez will get. So maybe we just cut him if he doesn't take off right away. With Sanchez, you're gonna play him because you're paying him. If he stinks, you gotta play him while killing his trade value if he doesn't pick up his game.

Again, I'm not saying that Sanchez is garbage because I love the kid (no ****). But drafting QB's in the first round is very very dangerous and in this economy, you'd better know what you're doing. If you mortgage your draft to move up and land this kid...look out...

Obviously they think he has a future, every team thinks every player they draft will have some sort of future but teams make mistakes alot of times. From watching him at UM I never really liked him, I thouhgt he was ok and could be a quality backup but I never thought he could be good starter. Maybe he turns into one? I don't know I'm just giving my opinion.

I know this is your opinion. I also know that people can make mistakes and be flat out wrong. As I've been saying, Henne's future is a mystery b/c he isn't proven yet. To guess where he'll end up is one of those things where you won't know the answer until it happens.

Saying he won't be better then Garcia though, that's a prediction that I hope doesn't happen. Not that Garcia isn't a decent QB, but I don't necessarily consider him someone to model your career after.

But the big difference here is the salary Sanchez will command a large salary. The percentages of Sanchez panning out are not in favor of the Jets. That's not to say Sanchez won't be good but if you draft him at four, pay him boatloads of cash, and then he turns out to be an epic bust...that will set your franchise back YEARS. That's what happens in the NFL. Look at San Francisco. Look at Detroit with Harrington. This is a very difficult science of drafting QB's. Henne could bust as well. He could easily bust based on the percentages. But if he does in fact bust, he doesn't hurt us as much as a Sanchez bust would hurt you. Henne isn't getting near the cash Sanchez will get. So maybe we just cut him if he doesn't take off right away. With Sanchez, you're gonna play him because you're paying him. If he stinks, you gotta play him while killing his trade value if he doesn't pick up his game.

Again, I'm not saying that Sanchez is garbage because I love the kid (no ****). But drafting QB's in the first round is very very dangerous and in this economy, you'd better know what you're doing. If you mortgage your draft to move up and land this kid...look out...

Salary/cap space is definitely a big factor, I agree w/ you.

I know this is your opinion. I also know that people can make mistakes and be flat out wrong. As I've been saying, Henne's future is a mystery b/c he isn't proven yet. To guess where he'll end up is one of those things where you won't know the answer until it happens.

Saying he won't be better then Garcia though, that's a prediction that I hope doesn't happen. Not that Garcia isn't a decent QB, but I don't necessarily consider him someone to model your career after.

If someone told me Kellen Clemens would be as good as Garcia I'd take it in a heartbeat. Clemens is essentially Henne 2-3 years older. If I was choosing top 10 I'd shoot for better than Garcia but he's a very good pro QB and to have a 2nd rounder perform like that would be a big success.

Did they win that Rose Bowl? What was his record in bowl games? How did he do against OSU? How did he do against App State?

College play doesn't translate to the NFL but in Sanchez's one season he threw 34 TDs and 10 INTs, in henne's senior season he threw 17 TDs and 9 INTs. His best season was his freshman season where he thre 25 TDs and 12 INTs, his TD #s went down every year he was at Michigan playing in the overrated Big 10.

Sanchez may suck and Henne may turn out to be good, we don't know? but there is a reason Sanchez is being talked about going as high as #4 while henne lasted until round 2.

Really Junc? What did Ryan Leaf do? Cade McNown? Tim Couch? Akili Smith? Alex Smith? David Carr? Even Jeff George? All high draft picks.

And what did Tom Brady do? Marques Colston? Wayne Chrebet? Even Devone Bess had a decent year.

If someone told me Kellen Clemens would be as good as Garcia I'd take it in a heartbeat. Clemens is essentially Henne 2-3 years older. If I was choosing top 10 I'd shoot for better than Garcia but he's a very good pro QB and to have a 2nd rounder perform like that would be a big success.

Clemens still might but from the rumors at least, it appears the Jets may not give him the chance to show what he can do.

We'll have to see how it plays out.

Guys drafted later in the day certainly have as much chance to be great if not better then the guys at the top of the draft board.

Clemmens played in the pac-10, generally speaking weaker competition and a lot smaller venues than the big 10. Henne was a pocket passer, Clemmens ran the run and shoot offense....Henne has the stronger arm, henne has yet to come out and flop in the NFL...so saying Henne is Clemmens 2-3 yrs older isn't e en close to accurate. It may turn out to be true but all things being equal, if I had my choice of Clemmens and Henne in the draft I would take Henne.

There is a reason Sanchez is being talked about that high...the same reason Josh Freeman will get into rd. 1.....the QB class this yr is HORRIBLE!!! If Bradford and McCoy had come out this year nobody would be even thinking about Sanchez in Rd. 1

Back
Top Bottom