ESPN: Jets looking to trade up for Sanchez | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN: Jets looking to trade up for Sanchez

You can say what you want about Mark Sanchez and the Jets or Mark Sanchez or anyone. But FACTS are FACTS and there's no way around it.

11 of the last 18 QB's drafted in the first round have been 100% BUST picks. Two more have been average or questionable. You're looking at about a 27% success rate drafting QB's in the first round.

By all means, be my guest if you think you've got it figured out. If Colt McCoy or Sam Bradford would have came out this year, Mark Sanchez may not have even been considered a 1st round pick. All of the sudden this guy's stock has shot up because of what? It isn't his experience. He won every game he should have at home but he played poorly on the road in small venues.

This is your guy? You are SURE you want to mortgage your draft to trade up to get a guy that wouldn't be a first round pick if Bradford and McCoy would have left early. Think about what you're saying. Stafford, McCoy, Bradford, and Tebow. Where does Mark Sanchez fit among those college QB's if they're all in this draft? And I'm a guy that really likes Sanchez. But it seems to me people are falling in love with the wrong things about Sanchez at the wrong time. Draft day is just around the corner and I haven't heard anything about Sanchez's ability to make plays or anything lately. all I hear is that people focus on him when he enters a room. He has great hair. He's a good-looking kid. He speaks well. He looks the part.

This ain't a dog show Jet fans. This is the NFL. If you're going to wager your NFL future on a guy with great hair, be my guest.

Sanchez has "bust" written all over him.

But Henne has star written all over him?

Sanchez has Jeff Garcia written all over him....Im definately not trading up for Jeff Garcia. If they come out and say "we have a trade" I will do something I have never done before....I will chant JETS JETS JETS...It would make my day to see the Jets trade up for him. We could draft a long snapper at 25 and I wouldnt care at that point.

Jeff Garcia is a very good QB. If Chad henne becomes as good as Garcia dolphin fans will be doing cartwheels.

I like Sanchez, I think he'll be a good pro. I don't know what we will do, I am ok w/ Clemens as our starter going into the season but if we can get Sanchez I'll be happy.

Why hate on Henne, he only started as a Red Shirt freshman and took his team to the rosebowl his first year. Oh yeah and he was a 4 year starter but that doesnt mean much. Plus he will have 2 years of sit time to learn from one of the smartest QBs in the game. But sure, Mark Sanchez with his 1 year of starting is way better. I cant wait for the boos from Radio City Music hall when yall dump your 2 year future on him. Congrats early :)

I can hear it now, over Commissioner Goodell announces to the crowd:

"The New York Jets have traded their first round pick in 2009, third round pick in 2009, first round pick in 2010, fifth round pick in 2010 for the number 7 pick in this years draft and they select QB Matt Sanchez out of USC".

Crowd: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kiper: Wow the Jets are stupid
Boomer: Fans don't like this one bit
TJ: Yeah Boom, not one bit.

"The New York Jets have traded their first round pick in 2009, third round pick in 2009, first round pick in 2010, fifth round pick in 2010 for the number 7 pick in this years draft and they select QB Matt Sanchez out of USC".

Steve Young: I think someone was just tossed from the balcony.

Why hate on Henne, he only started as a Red Shirt freshman and took his team to the rosebowl his first year. Oh yeah and he was a 4 year starter but that doesnt mean much. Plus he will have 2 years of sit time to learn from one of the smartest QBs in the game. But sure, Mark Sanchez with his 1 year of starting is way better. I cant wait for the boos from Radio City Music hall when yall dump your 2 year future on him. Congrats early :)

Did they win that Rose Bowl? What was his record in bowl games? How did he do against OSU? How did he do against App State?

College play doesn't translate to the NFL but in Sanchez's one season he threw 34 TDs and 10 INTs, in henne's senior season he threw 17 TDs and 9 INTs. His best season was his freshman season where he thre 25 TDs and 12 INTs, his TD #s went down every year he was at Michigan playing in the overrated Big 10.

Sanchez may suck and Henne may turn out to be good, we don't know? but there is a reason Sanchez is being talked about going as high as #4 while henne lasted until round 2.

In most cases when fans don't like the pick it's a good thing. The fans liekd the Gholston pick which looks bad so far, they didn't like the keller pick which looks great so far. I hope the fans are booing.

Did they win that Rose Bowl? What was his record in bowl games? How did he do against OSU? How did he do against App State?

College play doesn't translate to the NFL but in Sanchez's one season he threw 34 TDs and 10 INTs, in henne's senior season he threw 17 TDs and 9 INTs. His best season was his freshman season where he thre 25 TDs and 12 INTs, his TD #s went down every year he was at Michigan playing in the overrated Big 10.

Sanchez may suck and Henne may turn out to be good, we don't know? but there is a reason Sanchez is being talked about going as high as #4 while henne lasted until round 2.

Which is why some folks in this thread are saying Sanchez will be a bust, b/c he'd be drafted high. That's the only point they're trying to make.

Who the hell knows what Henne will be like. I certainly don't.

Which is why some folks in this thread are saying Sanchez will be a bust, b/c he'd be drafted high. That's the only point they're trying to make.

Who the hell knows what Henne will be like. I certainly don't.

They are saying he will be a bust b/c the Jets are rumored to be interested. if Miami was rumored to be interested he'd be the next big thing like John beck or Chad henne.:chuckle:

I just think Sanchez is a much better fit in a west coast style offense. Doesn't have anything to do with the Jets being interested in him really. I think he may be in trouble. If the skins do trade up to get him, he will start. Behind a garbage o-line....good thing he's pretty mobile. I could be wrong, he just doesnt fit the Jets offense imo.

If Henne turned into the next Garcia he would have to get more mobile and lose some arm strength....and we would definately be drafting another QB.

Back
Top Bottom