ESPN's Comments about Urban Meyer--PERFECT. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN's Comments about Urban Meyer--PERFECT.

OSUDauby

Practice Squad
Reaction score
In a article about Michigan getting robbed of a shot in the National Championship game, it brought up this GREAT paragraph apparently mocking the whiner, Urban Meyer:

"Does anyone see the irony of Meyer successfully lobbying about the unfairness of an OSU-Michigan rematch, when the only national championship trophy in his program's history came courtesy of a rematch in 1996 after a regular-season loss to Florida State?
Let's see, what was the score back then? Oh, Florida State 24, Florida 21.
And about five weeks later in the Sugar Bowl it was Florida 52, Florida State 20.
Yeah, Urban.
You're right.
Rematches are so unfair."

Does it get any better than that when the largest media outlet calls out a prominent figure for acting like a child??:lol:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2688353

very original thought. :sleep:

also, even after making it into the championship game against OSU, coach meyer still said that the system was unfair. so his "whining" is just like all the talking heads out there "whining" about the BCS. he's saying what everyone else is saying, except he's actually showing that he's not biased.

UF Fin Kat said:
also, even after making it into the championship game against OSU, coach meyer still said that the system was unfair. so his "whining" is just like all the talking heads out there "whining" about the BCS. he's saying what everyone else is saying, except he's actually showing that he's not biased.
Wow, you mean, he said that AFTER making it into the game? AFTER?? Wow, how humble and well spoken of him to do so. I wonder how much he would have cried on TV if the game turned out like it should have.

For those of you who care, go to SI.com and you can vote to see who people think should be in the National Championship game. So far it looks like OSU/Michigan. Wow, what a surprise.

Acting like a child?

Wow, I love how the guy is ASKED A QUESTION BY THE MEDIA and then is constantly mocked in the media because he answered their own question. He has been all for a playoff since day one.

On top of that this is a completely different scenario, back in 97 all the teams ranked ahead of Florida lost their final game of the season setting up the rematch.

OSUDauby said:
For those of you who care, go to SI.com and you can vote to see who people think should be in the National Championship game. So far it looks like OSU/Michigan. Wow, what a surprise.

And that proves what? The games are set, all the whiners need to get over it.

Motion said:
On top of that this is a completely different scenario, back in 97 all the teams ranked ahead of Florida lost their final game of the season setting up the rematch.

No, this is NO different. Florida's arguement is that Michigan had thier shot and that a rematch would be unfair....REGARDLESS of the fact that Michigan is the better team.

So back in 96, why did FSU have to play a team that they had already beat in the season.

And, just so you know...I didn't want to play Michigan in a rematch. To tell you the truth, I could really care less who Ohio State plays because Ohio State is far better than any team this season. I think they should be playing Boise State to settle the arguement about mid majors being undefeated. That would possible shut Meyer up about Utah two seasons ago too.

OSUDauby said:
Wow, you mean, he said that AFTER making it into the game? AFTER?? Wow, how humble and well spoken of him to do so. I wonder how much he would have cried on TV if the game turned out like it should have.
uh huh. the facts are clear: he complained about the BCS long before getting into the game. he complained about the BCS when he was UTAH for god's sake. he complained about the BCS despite getting chosen to play in the national title game. what more needs to be said? and every time he's said something about the BCS, it was in response to a reporter's question. he didn't just e-mail every coach in the southwest begging for votes *coughcoughmackbrowncough*. you're dogging him for doing whatever EVERYONE is doing, which is complain about the BCS! get some original material.

UF Fin Kat said:
uh huh. the facts are clear: he complained about the BCS long before getting into the game. he complained about the BCS when he was UTAH for god's sake. he complained about the BCS despite getting chosen to play in the national title game. what more needs to be said? and every time he's said something about the BCS, it was in response to a reporter's question. he didn't just e-mail every coach in the southwest begging for votes *coughcoughmackbrowncough*. you're dogging him for doing whatever EVERYONE is doing, which is complain about the BCS! get some original material.
THANK YOU FIN CAT!! You walked right into that one...
So, by your standards and by Meyers' as well, should Urban be lobbying for Boise State in all fairness?!?!?
Becuse BSU seems to be the exact type of team as Meyer's Utah team of past.

:lol: walked right into what?

the problem here is that you think coach meyer has been lobbying for florida (or utah). not true...he's been lobbying for a change in the BCS. by saying what he's saying, he IS lobbying for boise state, AS WELL as any other team that deserves to play for the national championship.

If Meyer's whining is what got Florida into the NC Game (which I highly doubt), then he has done a fantastic job and Florida should give him an extension and a raise!! :wink:

OSUDauby said:
No, this is NO different. Florida's arguement is that Michigan had thier shot and that a rematch would be unfair....REGARDLESS of the fact that Michigan is the better team.

So back in 96, why did FSU have to play a team that they had already beat in the season.

And, just so you know...I didn't want to play Michigan in a rematch. To tell you the truth, I could really care less who Ohio State plays because Ohio State is far better than any team this season. I think they should be playing Boise State to settle the arguement about mid majors being undefeated. That would possible shut Meyer up about Utah two seasons ago too.

:woot:

Is that the actual all Big Ten team, or just that specific writer's all Big Ten team? Because that team makes absolutely zero sense if it is voted on by the AP.

OSUDauby said:
Ummm, it proves people's opinions, duh. Exactly what I was getting at.

Apparently not the pollsters opinions, duh.

OSUDauby said:

Yes it is completely different. The teams ahead of them LOST. It didn't depend on this crap BCS system.

Back
Top Bottom