ESPN's Comments about Urban Meyer--PERFECT. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN's Comments about Urban Meyer--PERFECT.

UF Fin Kat said:
:lol: walked right into what?

the problem here is that you think coach meyer has been lobbying for florida (or utah). not true...he's been lobbying for a change in the BCS. by saying what he's saying, he IS lobbying for boise state, AS WELL as any other team that deserves to play for the national championship.

So, Myeres hasn't been lobbying for Florida and he didn't lobby for Utah.
Interesting. Someone should write to ESPN and tell them that their boradcast and article is propaganda.

Man, this is breaking news to boot! Someone on Finheaven.com has figured out that Urban Meyers wasn't really doing what he appeared to the entire nation.

Fin Cat...you're up a creek without a paddle here girlfriend.

OSUDauby said:
Interesting. Someone should write to ESPN and tell them that their boradcast and article is propaganda.

Man, this is breaking news to boot! Someone on Finheaven.com has figured out that Urban Meyers wasn't really doing what he appeared to the entire nation.

Yeah cause that writer being from Columbus, Ohio and being a Big Ten writer for 19 years didn't sway his opinion AT ALL. Gimme break.

Motion said:
Acting like a child?

Wow, I love how the guy is ASKED A QUESTION BY THE MEDIA and then is constantly mocked in the media because he answered their own question. He has been all for a playoff since day one.

On top of that this is a completely different scenario, back in 97 all the teams ranked ahead of Florida lost their final game of the season setting up the rematch.

If somebody asked me whether I'd marry Angelina Jolie, I'd say yes, but I wouldn't start talking trash about Brad Pitt, because that's not what men do. Don't act like Meyer is so innocent and blame it on the media. He went above and beyond the question.

OSUDauby said:

:sidelol:

Ok, this is the first time he made me laugh just because. The last line actually gave me a chuckle.

Motion said:
Yes it is completely different. The teams ahead of them LOST. It didn't depend on this crap BCS system.

Well, the team in front of Florida which was Michigan prior to the last week DID NOT LOSE. So, now what you suggest is that teams that finish early should be punished. Right?
So, if the season would have been a week longer, Florida would have jumped Ohio State too, right??:shakeno:

kpcane said:
If somebody asked me whether I'd marry Angelina Jolie, I'd say yes, but I wouldn't start talking trash about Brad Pitt, because that's not what men do. Don't act like Meyer is so innocent and blame it on the media. He went above and beyond the question.
Great comparison. :rolleyes2

I'm not saying he is completely innocent but I do wholeheartedly think its being blown completely out of porportion. The whole thing started when he was asked by the media if he thought a rematch was a good idea and he gave his opinion. He has been openly against the BCS from the start and in favor of a playoff, its nothing new.

If you are running in a race and you stop, The the people behind you gain ground. simple:wink:

OSUDauby said:
Well, the team in front of Florida which was Michigan prior to the last week DID NOT LOSE. So, now what you suggest is that teams that finish early should be punished. Right?
So, if the season would have been a week longer, Florida would have jumped Ohio State too, right??:shakeno:

Now your just reaching and putting words in my mouth. I never said or even suggested any of that. The system is flawed we all know that.

Motion said:
He has been openly against the BCS from the start and in favor of a playoff, its nothing new.
Ok, let's just agree on this:
The BCS is based off of a formula. Right? Right.
How do you think that a playoff system would benefit temas like Utah/Boise State if that is your defense for Urban Meyer?
Because...a playoff would be based on voters. Voters tend to give LESS credit to mid major teams such as Boise State, Utah, TCU, etc...
With a formulated system, teams know what they have to do to get in. Out of conference games, SOS, quality wins, etc...

A playoff solves nothing in Urban's defense for mid major teams.

OSUDauby said:
How do you think that a playoff system would benefit temas like Utah/Boise State if that is your defense for Urban Meyer?
Because...a playoff would be based on voters. Voters tend to give LESS credit to mid major teams such as Boise State, Utah, TCU, etc...
With a formulated system, teams know what they have to do to get in. Out of conference games, SOS, quality wins, etc...

Your gonna tell me his 12-0 Utah team wouldn't have made it into a playoff?

OSUDauby said:

My version of the playoff would be good for mid major teams, but it would probably screw a couple more deserving teams.

Motion said:
Your gonna tell me his 12-0 Utah team wouldn't have made it into a playoff?
Depends on how many team playoff you're talking about.
Look at Boise State in this case, they made a BCS game, Utah didn't.

If we take the top 8 teams to a playoff. Boise State is left out and only one of two teams undefeated.

I chose 8 teams because it's the number that I have heard the most. Also, the number that Sports Illustrated used today on thier website. 16 teams is too much.

My Top 8 would be: (in no order)
Ohio State
Boise State
Michigan
Florida
Wisconsin
LSU
Oklahoma (w/ A. Peterson)
USC

How do you see it??

OSUDauby said:
Depends on how many team playoff you're talking about.
Look at Boise State in this case, they made a BCS game, Utah didn't.

If we take the top 8 teams to a playoff. Boise State is left out and only one of two teams undefeated.

I chose 8 teams because it's the number that I have heard the most. Also, the number that Sports Illustrated used today on thier website. 16 teams is too much.

Well, my version would go out the window.

Back
Top Bottom