ESPN's Comments about Urban Meyer--PERFECT. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN's Comments about Urban Meyer--PERFECT.

OSUDauby said:
Depends on how many team playoff you're talking about.
Look at Boise State in this case, they made a BCS game, Utah didn't.

If we take the top 8 teams to a playoff. Boise State is left out and only one of two teams undefeated.

I chose 8 teams because it's the number that I have heard the most. Also, the number that Sports Illustrated used today on thier website. 16 teams is too much.
I think you need to check your facts bro.

They handed Pitt their *** in the Fiesta Bowl that year 35-7.

Get Up And Go said:
:sidelol: we passed michigan. done

I'd agree, you ran further than Michigan. Just Michigan got to thier ending point first(not Florida's fault, because they had to play a championship game). Though Michigan was faster, Florida looked more impressive(don't know happens, lol. That's why racing analogies suck when used in football).

Motion said:
I think you need to check your facts bro.

They handed Pitt their *** in the Fiesta Bowl that year 35-7.

Fiesta Bowl...vs. Pitt...I forgot.
But, still...would you rely on the voters to put mid majors into a playoff system?

Stitches said:
I'd agree, you ran further than Michigan. Just Michigan got to thier ending point first(not Florida's fault, because they had to play a championship game). Though Michigan was faster, Florida looked more impressive(don't know happens, lol. That's why racing analogies suck when used in football).

I tried to make a point and it went over osu's head.

OSUDauby said:
Fiesta Bowl...vs. Pitt...I forgot.
But, still...would you rely on the voters to put mid majors into a playoff system?

If they went undefeated and had a reasonable schedule, yes.

We have no reason not too at this point, if they make it to the BCS Bowls they should be in the playoff.

Get Up And Go said:
who did they play, and what conference are they in???

:sigh:

The play in the WAC.

Western Athletic Conference.

Thier schedule and results are as follows:
DATE-OPPONENT-RESULT
08/31-Sac St-W 45-0
09/07-Oregon St-W 42-14
09/16-at Wyoming-W 17-10
09/23-Hawaii-W 41-34
09/30-at Utah-W 36-3
10/07-La Tech-W 55-14
10/15-at New Mexico St-W 40-28
10/21-at Idaho-W 42-26
11/01-Fresno St-W 45-21
11/11-at San Jose St-W 23-20
11/18-Utah St-W 49-10
11/25-at Nevada-W 38-7
01/01-vs #7 Oklahoma-8:00 PM

On the original topic (which is so original):
It's an asinine point. The two situations are different for several reasons.
First of all, pointing at Meyer for what happened with UF 10 years ago, and two coaches ago is downright pointless.

Second, UF got into the NC game because every other viable option lost on the last week of the season. No one wanted UF in that game, they just didn't have any other choice. There is a clear difference this year. It was a two team race to be ranked second. There was no objective analysis available to decide between the two teams. Both had one loss, and both had very highly ranked SoS's. You can easily make just as strong of a case for UM as you can UF.

To compare the two is short sighted, and anyone who finds validity in the comparison is either too lazy or doesn't have the mental capacity to carry on the conversation.

OSUDauby said:
No, this is NO different. Florida's arguement is that Michigan had thier shot and that a rematch would be unfair....REGARDLESS of the fact that Michigan is the better team.

So back in 96, why did FSU have to play a team that they had already beat in the season.

And, just so you know...I didn't want to play Michigan in a rematch. To tell you the truth, I could really care less who Ohio State plays because Ohio State is far better than any team this season. I think they should be playing Boise State to settle the arguement about mid majors being undefeated. That would possible shut Meyer up about Utah two seasons ago too.
Since we know how you love to point out minutiae, it's "couldn't really care less" :wink:

no dauby found an article trying to stir up trouble. really?? i would have never guessed.

ok, again for those who were not paying attention. The computers had Michigan and UF tied for #2, UF had the #1 SOS, UF won their conference (UM finished second, can a team really finish #2 in a conference and #1 in the country?? I dont think so either), and the gators got the advanatage of playing last so the entire nation watched them win the SEC. The voters, both the harris poll, AP (which is not part of the BCS) and the coaches all voted UF #2. Michigan didnt win any of the polls to have a chance to stay at #2 and go to the NC game. Point blank. Also, if you think Meyer really had that much influence, then you should vote him president in 2008. I never heared him bash UM, just saying the gators have a more impressive resume and UM had their chance.

Back
Top Bottom