ESPN's Comments about Urban Meyer--PERFECT. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN's Comments about Urban Meyer--PERFECT.

OSUDauby said:
Yeah, that's how I know they are better than South Carolina....
Ok, I'll prove it...follow me here.
Illinois lost to Ohio State by 7 points.
Florida beat South Carolina.....BARELY.
Ohio State will DESTROY Florida.
Illinois would beat down South Carolina.

Juice Williams of Illinois would beat S.C. alone.

How does that prove anything? :confused:

Seriously, that's like me saying:
Illinois lost by 7 to Ohio State.
Boise State beat Oregon State.....Complete destruction.
Boise State will destroy Ohio State.
Oregon State would beat down Illinois.

I mean, I must have proved it with this logic after all. :rolleyes2

SC would kill Illinios, plus they could trot out their own scrabbling Qb or a decent poket passer. Plus, nobody on Ill could cover Sidney Rice.

Stitches said:
Seriously, that's like me saying:
Illinois lost by 7 to Ohio State.
Boise State beat Oregon State.....Complete destruction.
Boise State will destroy Ohio State.
Oregon State would beat down Illinois.

I mean, I must have proved it with this logic after all. :rolleyes2

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

north dakota state beat ball state, but michigan barely beat ball state, so i guess north dakota state could beat michigan?

UF Fin Kat said:
north dakota state beat ball state, but michigan barely beat ball state, so i guess north dakota state could beat michigan?

according to that OSU logic we keep hearing. Maybe 79 on that list Motion posted is a bit high!!

hmm, it's funny that OSU fans brag about beating texas, but we beat vanderbilt, who, using their logic, is a much superior team! look:

vanderbilt beat georgia, who beat colorado, who beat texas tech, who beat TCU, who beat utah, who beat air force, who beat colorado state, who beat fresno state, who beat new mexico state, who beat louisiana tech, who beat north texas, who beat SMU, who beat tulsa, who beat navy, who beat east carolina, who beat NC State, who beat boston college, who beat maryland, who beat clemson, who beat wake forest, who beat FSU, who beat virginia, who beat miami, who beat houston, who beat oklahoma state, who beat baylor, who beat kansas state, who beat TEXAS, so CLEARLY....vanderbilt is better than texas.

OSUDauby said:
No, this is NO different. Florida's arguement is that Michigan had thier shot and that a rematch would be unfair....REGARDLESS of the fact that Michigan is the better team.

So back in 96, why did FSU have to play a team that they had already beat in the season.

And, just so you know...I didn't want to play Michigan in a rematch. To tell you the truth, I could really care less who Ohio State plays because Ohio State is far better than any team this season. I think they should be playing Boise State to settle the arguement about mid majors being undefeated. That would possible shut Meyer up about Utah two seasons ago too.
There was no BCS set up...It was #1 (FSU) vs #3 (UF) for a Sugar Bowl game that calls for ACC champ vs SEC champ...some people don't remember how College football was before the BCS

OSUDauby said:
So, Myeres hasn't been lobbying for Florida and he didn't lobby for Utah.
Interesting. Someone should write to ESPN and tell them that their boradcast and article is propaganda.

Man, this is breaking news to boot! Someone on Finheaven.com has figured out that Urban Meyers wasn't really doing what he appeared to the entire nation.

Fin Cat...you're up a creek without a paddle here girlfriend.

No comment

UF Fin Kat said:
hmm, it's funny that OSU fans brag about beating texas, but we beat vanderbilt, who, using their logic, is a much superior team! look:

vanderbilt beat georgia, who beat colorado, who beat texas tech, who beat TCU, who beat utah, who beat air force, who beat colorado state, who beat fresno state, who beat new mexico state, who beat louisiana tech, who beat north texas, who beat SMU, who beat tulsa, who beat navy, who beat east carolina, who beat NC State, who beat boston college, who beat maryland, who beat clemson, who beat wake forest, who beat FSU, who beat virginia, who beat miami, who beat houston, who beat oklahoma state, who beat baylor, who beat kansas state, who beat TEXAS, so CLEARLY....vanderbilt is better than texas.

That wasn't even his logic though. He never used common opponents. He simply said because Illinois only lost by 7, and Florida 'barely' beat South Carolina, that Illinois would beat South Carolina, and Ohio State would "destroy" Florida.

OSUDauby said:
Depends on how many team playoff you're talking about.
Look at Boise State in this case, they made a BCS game, Utah didn't.

If we take the top 8 teams to a playoff. Boise State is left out and only one of two teams undefeated.

I chose 8 teams because it's the number that I have heard the most. Also, the number that Sports Illustrated used today on thier website. 16 teams is too much.

My Top 8 would be: (in no order)
Ohio State
Boise State
Michigan
Florida
Wisconsin
LSU
Oklahoma (w/ A. Peterson)
USC

How do you see it??
Hmmm... that's interesting. THREE Big Ten teams. Bias much?

UF Fin Kat said:
an 8 team playoff would have to have the 6 conference winners and two at-large teams. simple.

Riiiiggghhhtt....that would SOLVE so much. Putting a team like Wake Forrest, ACC Champ in front of teams like Wisconsin, Boise State, etc...

Back
Top Bottom