ESPN's Comments about Urban Meyer--PERFECT. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN's Comments about Urban Meyer--PERFECT.

OSUDauby said:
Yeah, that's how I know they are better than South Carolina....
Ok, I'll prove it...follow me here.
Illinois lost to Ohio State by 7 points.
Florida beat South Carolina.....BARELY.
Ohio State will DESTROY Florida.
Illinois would beat down South Carolina.

Juice Williams of Illinois would beat S.C. alone.

Follow me on this.
ND beat UCLA by 3
UCLA beat USC by 4
ND would beat USC then....

DonShula84 said:
Follow me on this.
ND beat UCLA by 3
UCLA beat USC by 4

That away to put him in his place! Yeah that and I would take Steve Spurrier over Ron Zook anyday of the week unless its recruiting season! :D

DonShula84 said:
Follow me on this.
ND beat UCLA by 3
UCLA beat USC by 4

He didn't use common opponents in his "breakdown." You breakdown uses different logic.

UF Fin Kat said:
an 8 team playoff would have to have the 6 conference winners and two at-large teams. simple.

Mid-Majors would hate that set-up and I don't think Notre Dame would like it either. Notre Dame gets a BCS game if it finished in the top 8 or so i'm not sure, say they finish in the top 8 and a scenario like this year plays out where two teams that would not be conference winners are ranked ahead of them like LSU and the Wolverines this year. I don't like the playoff because it brings just as much controversy and I think having a 2-3 loss team potentially playing for a Championship makes the regular season less meaningful.

djfresh47 said:
Mid-Majors would hate that set-up and I don't think Notre Dame would like it either. Notre Dame gets a BCS game if it finished in the top 8 or so i'm not sure, say they finish in the top 8 and a scenario like this year plays out where two teams that would not be conference winners are ranked ahead of them like LSU and the Wolverines this year. I don't like the playoff because it brings just as much controversy and I think having a 2-3 loss team potentially playing for a Championship makes the regular season less meaningful.
Good. Maybe a playoff system would force ND's hand in joining a conference. I like ND, and they're great for college football, but they need to join a conference for the good of college football.

It would suck for Mid-Majors, which is why I would tweak it this way.
Conference winners would be in, IF they finished with a minimum BCS ranking. I'm not set yet on exactly what that ranking should be, but I think that would be a very fair way of doing things.

finswin56 said:
Good. Maybe a playoff system would force ND's hand in joining a conference. I like ND, and they're great for college football, but they need to join a conference for the good of college football.

It would suck for Mid-Majors, which is why I would tweak it this way.
Conference winners would be in, IF they finished with a minimum BCS ranking. I'm not set yet on exactly what that ranking should be, but I think that would be a very fair way of doing things.

I would be fine with 8 team playoff, if it worked like that. I mean in regards to the mid-majors. Until they get an opportunity that like a playoff would present, they will never be able to consistently be on the same level as bigger programs. If they had an actual shot at a NC or even consistent national exposure(something a playoff could bring), they would be much more likely to get thier own share of solid recruits. There are so many mid major coaches out there who are able to do so much with so little. Imagine if the hill they had to climb were leveled off, even only a bit. I would think a mid major who ranks in the top 12 to 15(not sure where the cutoff should be for certain in an 8 team) of a BCS type ranking (though I don't know how much I would want to include the human element, because it creates a sense of bias the computer wouldn't) would be about as fair a chance as mid-majors will ever get at first. Obviously, if the playoffs worked really well, in future years they could possibly expand to another round(16 teams) or maybe make it for 12 teams. But college football needs a playoff.

finswin56 said:

:refuse:

Stitches said:
I would be fine with 8 team playoff, if it worked like that. I mean in regards to the mid-majors. Until they get an opportunity that like a playoff would present, they will never be able to consistently be on the same level as bigger programs. If they had an actual shot at a NC or even consistent national exposure(something a playoff could bring), they would be much more likely to get thier own share of solid recruits. There are so many mid major coaches out there who are able to do so much with so little. Imagine if the hill they had to climb were leveled off, even only a bit. I would think a mid major who ranks in the top 12 to 15(not sure where the cutoff should be for certain in an 8 team) of a BCS type ranking (though I don't know how much I would want to include the human element, because it creates a sense of bias the computer wouldn't) would be about as fair a chance as mid-majors will ever get at first. Obviously, if the playoffs worked really well, in future years they could possibly expand to another round(16 teams) or maybe make it for 12 teams. But college football needs a playoff.
I would like to see the Mid's get more opportunities, and I think a playoff system would at least give them a chance. I think the added exposure would also help in recruiting, but I'm not sure as to how much. It's obviously helped in basketball, but they have far fewer scholarships to offer, and are able to spread out the talent pool more easily. Anyway, that's getting too far OT. Bring on the Mid's!

they get at least 9 million bucks a year from NBC based on the new contract they justed signed. all just to show their home games. amazing.

no way in god's name they join a conference.

DeathStar said:
they get at least 9 million bucks a year from NBC based on the new contract they justed signed. all just to show their home games. amazing.

no way in god's name they join a conference.
Of course they won't, at least not under the current format. Even if it changed to a playoff the odds would be very low. I wasn't exactly predicting ND to join, just saying college football would be better if they did.

Back
Top Bottom