Even OMAR misses RT! LOL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Even OMAR misses RT! LOL

jessejames123

Scout Team
Reaction score
He admitted he misses RT today on his show. ( I didnt watch but caught a clip on my feed).

You know things are bad when this happens.

How hilarious is that.

Who remembers "Jay Cutler is better, and even teammates have privately admitted so"

LOLOLOLOL

Good ol' Omar lol, he's the best...for a good laugh.

These are the darkest of times, my friends.

It's honestly not unexpected. Box score readers didn't appreciate Ryan Tannehill as a quarterback because it really is difficult to accept that our offense was talent deficient basically everywhere and was very poorly coached.

But that's the thing. We don't just need to have our starting quarterback back. Losing him has highlighted a lot of deficiencies on offense that he was able to mask well enough that people blamed him for stuff. We have at least one receiver who is unable to ID coverage and run his routes appropriately, and as a result we get tons of bubble screens "just to get the ball in his hands" because we can't trust him to run a god damn comeback.

We got OL who just can't cut it physically or can't pick up the right guys. We've had RBs who couldn't figure out a damn blitz pickup (although that mysteriously improved pretty quickly, hmmm), we have TEs who basically contribute nothing but whatever coverage gives them...

I think that our off-season goals to improve the offense should include at least 3 of the following:

1. Get 17 healthy.
2. Get a guy behind 17 that you can trust if he's not healthy.
3. Get replacements for Pouncey and Bushrod.
4. Bring in a pass-catching TE. Doesn't need to be a superstar, but we need someone who can do it.
5. Get our slot receiver on the same page as the rest of the offense.
6. Get another RB to alternate with Drake who isn't named Damien Williams.

You don't need to do all of it, it's tough to do all of that competently in one off-season, especially when we still need defensive help, but some of this stuff shouldn't be out of reach. #1 should hopefully take care of itself, meaning all we have to do is just hit 2 of those 5 targets.

I still think we need a true number 1 receiver. Parker isn’t that guy.

It's honestly not unexpected. Box score readers didn't appreciate Ryan Tannehill as a quarterback because it really is difficult to accept that our offense was talent deficient basically everywhere and was very poorly coached.

But that's the thing. We don't just need to have our starting quarterback back. Losing him has highlighted a lot of deficiencies on offense that he was able to mask well enough that people blamed him for stuff. We have at least one receiver who is unable to ID coverage and run his routes appropriately, and as a result we get tons of bubble screens "just to get the ball in his hands" because we can't trust him to run a god damn comeback.

We got OL who just can't cut it physically or can't pick up the right guys. We've had RBs who couldn't figure out a damn blitz pickup (although that mysteriously improved pretty quickly, hmmm), we have TEs who basically contribute nothing but whatever coverage gives them...

I think that our off-season goals to improve the offense should include at least 3 of the following:

1. Get 17 healthy.
2. Get a guy behind 17 that you can trust if he's not healthy.
3. Get replacements for Pouncey and Bushrod.
4. Bring in a pass-catching TE. Doesn't need to be a superstar, but we need someone who can do it.
5. Get our slot receiver on the same page as the rest of the offense.
6. Get another RB to alternate with Drake who isn't named Damien Williams.

You don't need to do all of it, it's tough to do all of that competently in one off-season, especially when we still need defensive help, but some of this stuff shouldn't be out of reach. #1 should hopefully take care of itself, meaning all we have to do is just hit 2 of those 5 targets.
Pretty much nailed it here. Of course RT could be another position to fill if James is let go. If Brendel can handle the job at Center then we'd just need at least one guard plus a RT or two guards in James stays. Landry imo will be gone. Carroo should get a chance but I don't know if he can play the slot. The offense should run thru Parker and Stills instead of thru a slot WR. Push the ball down field and everything opens up under and for the RB's as well

Ozzy rules!!

Pretty much nailed it here. Of course RT could be another position to fill if James is let go. If Brendel can handle the job at Center then we'd just need at least one guard plus a RT or two guards in James stays. Landry imo will be gone. Carroo should get a chance but I don't know if he can play the slot. The offense should run thru Parker and Stills instead of thru a slot WR. Push the ball down field and everything opens up under and for the RB's as well

Ozzy rules!!

The good news is that Jesse Davis is going to get a nice long audition in real game action at RT.

I still think we need a true number 1 receiver. Parker isn’t that guy.
Parker can be that guy but won't be as long as Landry is here and that's a big problem because as much as we all like Landry, when your offense starts with a slow slot WR it'll never be a championship offense

Ozzy rules!!

Ozzy rules!!

You better find a more consistent chains mover than Kenny Stills if you let juice walk or dvp better morph into an alpha top 5 wr or you better draft an alpha tight end one

You lose juice you damn well better find a go to consistent mismatch and chain mover

Omar might be an ass, but he is no idiot guys even when we disagree with him.

Back
Top Bottom