Even OMAR misses RT! LOL | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Even OMAR misses RT! LOL

I recall very few moments of poor play to be honest (he had 2 subpar games that I recall) and felt, and still feel, the boos and the calls for Moore were ignorant. I certainly believe we win 2 more games with Tannehill at the helm this year...6-3 sounds realistic. You may disagree...
I don't necessarily disagree, it's obviously hard to know. He'd certainly be better than Cutler, we can say that. He's a good player - he frustrated me at times, but I just feel like people are going overboard now with how good he is. He's a decent QB, nothing more. He's being talked about on here at times like he's elite.

I recall very few moments of poor play to be honest (he had 2 subpar games that I recall) and felt, and still feel, the boos and the calls for Moore were ignorant. I certainly believe we win 2 more games with Tannehill at the helm this year...6-3 sounds realistic. You may disagree...

I'm not going with that. The level of roster and coaching doesn't suggest 6-3 or anything close. As <O> has pointed out numerous times, the pass defense is horrendous. The 4-2 start was a mirage, as reported here and elsewhere at the time. You can't merely accept that 4-2 as what was supposed to happen, and add two more victories because it feels good. Reality has claws.

Tannehill had a nice 2016 but it is being remembered as far superior to actual. He threw 2+ interceptions 4 times but was bailed out in one of those games when Parkey missed the game winning field goal. I've seen his final 8 games touted as brilliant. In 3 of those 8 games he was barely over 5 yards per attempt but somehow the Dolphins won 2 of them...the home Jets game and the Rams game.

That is not normal distribution. Win expectancy when your YPA is below 6 is slightly less than 20%. Yet Tannehill was 2-1 last season and this year Cutler is double the expectancy at 2-3.

Part of it, of course, is good fortune like the Rams deciding to start Goff in our game. It could happen again with the Bills' oddball choice at quarterback. That should lead to fewer points for Buffalo. Frankly I wish we were playing them this week.

The supposed "loaded with talent" on paper was a joke that many bought into -- self included. In addition to that, and more critically, many assumed (self included) Gase was finally "the answer" @HC. Obviously the loss of Thill has been far more devastating than most (self included) anticipated. Add to that Cutler has been far worse than expected -- put it all together with the preexisting knowns (TBum sucks the OL is ?? the LBs are ?? etc.) and suddenly we're back at or near the bottom.
My new name for the franchise is the Miami Flounder.

Great job Ross. You've totally destroyed a once great franchise. Is this your definition of best in show??? LOL

Back
Top Bottom