Even OMAR misses RT! LOL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Even OMAR misses RT! LOL

You better find a more consistent chains mover than Kenny Stills if you let juice walk or dvp better morph into an alpha top 5 wr or you better draft an alpha tight end one

You lose juice you damn well better find a go to consistent mismatch and chain mover
Is Landry really even that now? I don't think Landry is really a mismatch for most defenders in the league and he's not a c9nsitent chain mover either. He's certainly not any of that this season, but this is by far the worst I've seen out of him and we all know it's no coincidence it's his first season without RT.

Remember that every move we made in the off season up to Tannehill getting hurt was to build the offense around RT. When he got hurt is was basically lights out for the season. Gase went for a Hail Mary with Cutler and that was simply a failure of grand proportions. Stills and RT is a deadly combination, Stills and Cutler not so deadly. Landry and Parker are much better receivers with RT at the helm. We need our QB back on this team, let's face it, it's Ryan's team.

Is Landry really even that now? I don't think Landry is really a mismatch for most defenders in the league and he's not a c9nsitent chain mover either. He's certainly not any of that this season, but this is by far the worst I've seen out of him and we all know it's no coincidence it's his first season without RT.

I dont remember him having these problems the last 2 years.

Im not defending him anymore, not defending any of these guys anymore, but I would like to know what the problem is this year.

It's honestly not unexpected. Box score readers didn't appreciate Ryan Tannehill as a quarterback because it really is difficult to accept that our offense was talent deficient basically everywhere and was very poorly coached.

But that's the thing. We don't just need to have our starting quarterback back. Losing him has highlighted a lot of deficiencies on offense that he was able to mask well enough that people blamed him for stuff. We have at least one receiver who is unable to ID coverage and run his routes appropriately, and as a result we get tons of bubble screens "just to get the ball in his hands" because we can't trust him to run a god damn comeback.

We got OL who just can't cut it physically or can't pick up the right guys. We've had RBs who couldn't figure out a damn blitz pickup (although that mysteriously improved pretty quickly, hmmm), we have TEs who basically contribute nothing but whatever coverage gives them...

I think that our off-season goals to improve the offense should include at least 3 of the following:

1. Get 17 healthy.
2. Get a guy behind 17 that you can trust if he's not healthy.
3. Get replacements for Pouncey and Bushrod.
4. Bring in a pass-catching TE. Doesn't need to be a superstar, but we need someone who can do it.
5. Get our slot receiver on the same page as the rest of the offense.
6. Get another RB to alternate with Drake who isn't named Damien Williams.

You don't need to do all of it, it's tough to do all of that competently in one off-season, especially when we still need defensive help, but some of this stuff shouldn't be out of reach. #1 should hopefully take care of itself, meaning all we have to do is just hit 2 of those 5 targets.
I agree w all of this though I'll admit I never saw any of it until now.

Parker can be that guy but won't be as long as Landry is here and that's a big problem because as much as we all like Landry, when your offense starts with a slow slot WR it'll never be a championship offense

Ozzy rules!!
I don't know about this. Parker still has concentration issues - he needs to play smarter and stronger like the big bodied guy he is.

Numbers don't lie Laundry stats have been up there the past 4 years. We should be talking about what new weapons we can add to this team, without day dreaming about how we can replace him with some future draft pick. This is insane thinking especially considering this clubs mistakes in the drafts these past few years. You want to build a winner, you keep your playmakers until you are able to draft their replacements thats how you win.

Omar might be an ***, but he is no idiot guys even when we disagree with him.
He is an idiot whose opinions get reinforced (woops, almost typed "validated") by his fellow morons like Grimey Miko.

Unlike Marvez and Darlington who transcended the local market, unfortunately we're stuck with Omar (for various reasons). Mando who seems to have done a 180 in reportage insight and objectivity is now getting more national show call-in exposure. Did I mention that we're stuck with Omar?

As far as being correct about Tannehill for a change, remember that even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Ah no, don't get me wrong, he was good. But he is being talked up to an incredible extent on the forum these days I think.
I hear ya, but for some the grass always looks greener from down the block until you get up close and notice all the piss stains.

Ah no, don't get me wrong, he was good. But he is being talked up to an incredible extent on the forum these days I think.

I see it as many not realizing how good we had it until the reality of other options kick in. He was, and hopefully will be next year +, a very good QB with extended moments of an elite QB.

I see it as many not realizing how good we had it until the reality of other options kick in. He was, and hopefully will be next year +, a very good QB with extended moments of an elite QB.
Let's not forget that he had moments of very average to poor play too. Remember the boos and calls for Moore?

I think it happens a lot with sport, when a player goes down people suddenly laud them as even better than they rightly are. He's a decent QB, with upside to hopefully keep improving. People are talking about him here as if he's elite. I think I even saw someone on here claiming we'd likely be 7-2 with him in the side.

Let's not forget that he had moments of very average to poor play too. Remember the boos and calls for Moore?

I think it happens a lot with sport, when a player goes down people suddenly laud them as even better than they rightly are. He's a decent QB, with upside to hopefully keep improving. People are talking about him here as if he's elite. I think I even saw someone on here claiming we'd likely be 7-2 with him in the side.

I recall very few moments of poor play to be honest (he had 2 subpar games that I recall) and felt, and still feel, the boos and the calls for Moore were ignorant. I certainly believe we win 2 more games with Tannehill at the helm this year...6-3 sounds realistic. You may disagree...

Back
Top Bottom