EVERYTHING Tua from this week super thread. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

EVERYTHING Tua from this week super thread.

Rookies have uneven seasons. He had a game against a good defense and he was not particularly good and still did not throw an INT. With rookies there is a learning curve .. so he took some lumps. This season we're not going to the Super Bowl, so it's a good time to learn as long as he's healthy.

Outside of Parker, we have arguably the worst WRs in the NFL. These guys are practice squad JAGs who can’t get an inch of separation from DBs. Fitzpatrick came in and moved the ball because he is willing to gamble on aggressive throws. It was fun to watch, but also resulted in an end zone INT that sealed our loss.

Gonna be Tough on you then - he is not going anywhere

Tua is 3-1 with an island of misfit toys

6 TDs and 0 picks

He is Learning on the job - and Learning what not to do from Tragic
I'm not calling for Fitz to start, but Tua's roughly 150 pass yards per start is most likely the worst average of any starting qb this year. Misleading td to interception ratio or not its got to get better.

Rookies have uneven seasons. He had a game against a good defense and he was not particularly good and still did not throw an INT. With rookies there is a learning curve .. so he took some lumps. This season we're not going to the Super Bowl, so it's a good time to learn as long as he's healthy.
Lock threw an interception, basically free points for the Dolphins, and still won the game against a good defense. Because he actually made plays. Sure, turnovers suck, but committing a turnover is no worse than three and outs on at least two thirds if your drives. Its no worse than 4 yards per attempt. Its no worse than 50 yards passing over 8 or more drives.

Turnover avoidance is great when its paired with even mediocre production. We're getting almost no production at all.

This is also the second game in a row where Tua actually threw a pick overturned by a penalty that didn't cause the pick. He's simply been lucky.

I don't care about the earlier statement by Tua, as I think it was mostly understood out of context. What I will say is that with the exception of the Arizona game, he has definitely been mediocre at best. He has been protecting the ball well, but the dynamic QB miracle kid he is hyped to be certainly has not shown up yet. That said, it is still very early in his career and it is clear that Gailey and Flores have been mitigating risk for him so far. Nevertheless, to have regressed and melted down so badly today was discouraging, as is my inability to recall him actually connecting with a WR on a single deep pass yet.

I think the coaches need to take the handcuffs off for real now and start designing plays that cater to Tua's strengths. I also think that Tua needs to start getting more situationally aware very quickly and start getting more instinctive. It is unfair, though, to fail to take into account the poor running game and protection breakdowns he has seen so far.

In the end, I am still pulling for Tua to succeed and think he can, but if he doesn't start showing some real flashes by season's end, I would not be opposed to drafting another QB this draft for competition.
It showed up pretty GD good vs AZ. He was making plays with his legs and he hasnt done that much since.

I didn’t like the quote context or not. Seemed like it was leaving yourself open for crow eating.

It showed up pretty GD good vs AZ. He was making plays with his legs and he hasnt done that much since.
I just don't know if the plays he made with his legs versus Arizona are really that sustainable. He's not that fast and he's one of the smaller starting qbs. Honestly, he probably would have performed better today if he hadn't made those plays in Arizona. He's holding onto the ball and trying to use his legs to get away from defenders he won't be able to. He's taking sacks and hits because of that when he needs to be getting the ball to an outlet or throwing the ball away.

He only ever fractured his hip in the first place trying to be superman and running away from defenders he couldn't outrun. And that was in college.

Lock threw an interception, basically free points for the Dolphins, and still won the game against a good defense. Because he actually made plays. Sure, turnovers suck, but committing a turnover is no worse than three and outs on at least two thirds if your drives. Its no worse than 4 yards per attempt. Its no worse than 50 yards passing over 8 or more drives.

Turnover avoidance is great when its paired with even mediocre production. We're getting almost no production at all.

This is also the second game in a row where Tua actually threw a pick overturned by a penalty that didn't cause the pick. He's simply been lucky.
Weird. I thought they won because they ran for 189 yards at 5.7 a clip and didn't ask Lock to do anything more than rollouts.

209 passing yards, no TDs, and a sub 70 QB rating. What a playmaker Lock was.

Weird. I thought they won because they ran for 189 yards at 5.7 a clip and didn't ask Lock to do anything more than rollouts.

209 passing yards, no TDs, and a sub 70 QB rating. What a playmaker Lock was.
270 yards. But if you're position is that they won due to the running game despite the turnover that's fine. My whole point is production with a turnover can be better than none of either.

270 yards. But if you're position is that they won due to the running game despite the turnover that's fine. My whole point is production with a turnover can be better than none of either.
209. I see where you're getting confused. Apparently you think a completed catch at the end of the game when the goal was to keep the ball in the air for 3 seconds counts as Lock making a play.

Back
Top Bottom