EVERYTHING Tua from this week super thread. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

EVERYTHING Tua from this week super thread.

Is this game really on Tua? He has 1 decent WR to throw to and a RB who is a practice Squad level player. The Broncos played the pass all day, no one got open and Chubb destroyed our OL.

Fitz came in and made some nice throws but didn’t really fare that much better.

I watched the whole game and honestly didnt think Tua played great, but Denvers front 4 beat the hell out of us and the back 7 covered so well.

The blueprint to beating Miami is to play the pass. We literally have no run game and no WR talent besides Parker. Grier has failed in addressing that so far, and Gaskin has been a nice find, but he’s not a lead back.

209. I see where you're getting confused. Apparently you think a completed catch at the end of the game when the goal was to keep the ball in the air for 3 seconds counts as Lock making a play.
I realize that its become trend in this country to try to selectively count things but it happened in a legal football game. I suppose you could try your luck in court, but those yards count like all other garbage time yards count, like interceptions on hail marys that don't matter count, etc.

Is this game really on Tua? He has 1 decent WR to throw to and a RB who is a practice Squad level player. The Broncos played the pass all day, no one got open and Chubb destroyed our OL.

Fitz came in and made some nice throws but didn’t really fare that much better.

I watched the whole game and honestly didnt think Tua played great, but Denvers front 4 beat the hell out of us and the back 7 covered so well.

The blueprint to beating Miami is to play the pass. We literally have no run game and no WR talent besides Parker. Grier has failed in addressing that so far, and Gaskin has been a nice find, but he’s not a lead back.
Fitz had more passing yards on a single drive than Tua had in 8 or more.

Fitz had more passing yards on a single drive than Tua had in 8 or more.
And then he threw a pick at a key moment in the game. So what’s your point? Yards dont win football games. The reality is that neither QB had a good game today and we lost. I explained why in my prior post. Pretty simple stuff.

I see you are the guy who leans on Lock’s yards because of a pass in garbage time. So you obviously dont really watch games, you just look at stats and then argue online.

Talk about taking something out of context.

It shouldn't amaze me, yet it somehow does.

Tua played like **** today, all things considered. However, this quote of his should be a non-story. The reality of what he said is so misinterpreted that I couldn't even see it being bulletin board material for the opposition.

It's not like the Broncos sent the house at him to "teach him a lesson" - they beat the crap out of us by mostly rushing 4 guys. Great game plan and execution by them. Piss poor OL play, holding onto the ball too long, receivers not getting separation, and a failure to make any adjustments by our inept senile OC. They all cotributed to the loss today. But somehow our rookie QB sucks and that's the bottom line, apparently.

Nah. We've won as a team and today we lost as a team.

/Rant

Last edited:
And then he threw a pick at a key moment in the game. So what’s your point? Yards dont win football games. The reality is that neither QB had a good game today and we lost. I explained why in my prior post. Pretty simple stuff.
Point is Fitz showed that you could actually pass the ball to these receivers with that line. A lot can happen when a qb isn't having an atrocious day. Can't just attribute the qbs struggles to the team.

Regardless of if Fitzvwas playing winning football, when your team has 50 yards passing when you're benched after three quarters, that is not going to win.

Point is Fitz showed that you could actually pass the ball to these receivers with that line. A lot can happen when a qb isn't having an atrocious day. Can't just attribute the qbs struggles to the team.

Regardless of if Fitzvwas playing winning football, when your team has 50 yards passing when you're benched after three quarters, that is not going to win.
Do you understand that the Broncos stopped blitzing when Fitz came in and only rushed 4? He had more time. The throws he made were not that different than the ones Tua made. The difference is Fitz had a little more time, and he still threw a game ending pick.

Man, do people watch these games? Honestly just throwing QB yardage around like it means everything is just a weak argument.

I could play your game and say Tua lead us to more points and threw a TD and Fitz threw a pick. But that wouldn’t really tell the whole story of the game would it?

Do you understand that the Broncos stopped blitzing when Fitz came in and only rushed 4? He had more time. The throws he made were not that different than the ones Tua made. The difference is Fitz had a little more time, and he still threw a game ending pick.

Man, do people watch these games? Honestly just throwing QB yardage around like it means everything is just a weak argument.

I could play your game and say Tua lead us to more points and threw a TD and Fitz threw a pick. But that wouldn’t really tell the whole story of the game would it?
What’s funny is Fangio said they were rushing 4 for most of the game and using stunts and Trent Green pointed out he hadn’t backed off when Fitz was in. Maybe we know more than Fangio and Green?

They rushed four with both. You're defending a performance of 50 net passing yards in more than 3 quarters. Atrocious man.

They rushed four with both. You're defending a performance of 50 net passing yards in more than 3 quarters. Atrocious man.
Ok so you basically dont watch or understand football. Got it. If you can’t see how Denver changed their defense for the rookie versus the vet, you aren’t really worth talking to.

Tua will be fine. He plays better when Chan let's him lose. The dink and dunk didn't work today. O line didn't work today. Defense gave up huge plays and to top it all off. We almost pulled it out. We got Jets next week and Bengals with no Burrows. We be 8-4 in 2 weeks.

What’s funny is Fangio said they were rushing 4 for most of the game and using stunts and Trent Green pointed out he hadn’t backed off when Fitz was in. Maybe we know more than Fangio and Green?
I’m watching the local news coverage of the Broncos and the breakdown of the game is quite different. They had a game plan for Tua that worked. They adjusted a little for Fitz because they knew he’s seen everything already.

The main thing is that Denvers DL was beating us senseless either way. Fitz dinked and dunked us down the field fairly well until it mattered. He struggles in the RZ and Denver took advantage.

I realize that its become trend in this country to try to selectively count things but it happened in a legal football game. I suppose you could try your luck in court, but those yards count like all other garbage time yards count, like interceptions on hail marys that don't matter count, etc.
Lock mailed it in

All these conversations are interesting. I'm just glad we have Tua, regardless of how he's faring.

If I had to summarize my impressions so far:

* More nimble than I expected, but slower afoot

* Release even quicker than I realized

* Deep ball accuracy and touch worse so far than they were in college. I attribute that primarily to caliber and skill set of wide receivers

* I'm not surprised Tua has been hesitant and held the ball. There was an extremely detailed study of every pro prospect quarterback last spring prior to the draft, deciphering dozens of categories within a multi-tab spreadsheet. I posted the link in the Draft Forum. One category was how frequently each quarterback was able to throw to his first read. Tua's percentage was very high. I remember posting a summary in the thread that based on the study it seemed to be a valid concern that Tua would struggle early in the NFL when his first read was taken away. I'm not going to look for that post. I'm not sure which thread it was in. It might be in Slimm's "Underclass Quarterbacks Class of 2020" thread. I thought I still had a link to the spreadsheet but given the year my bookmarks are swamped with so many links dealing with political math I'm not able to find the quarterback study. However, I will keep looking

Ok so you basically dont watch or understand football. Got it. If you can’t see how Denver changed their defense for the rookie versus the vet, you aren’t really worth talking to.
The bottom line is that Fitz, as he always does, either got the ball out quickly or bailed from the pocket. Tua doesn't have that instinct, even he admitted in his post-game presser he held the ball too long, and that's why he was entirely ineffective.

Fitz made chicken salad out of this year's backups. And when his leading rusher was himself. Look around the league and you'll see in nearly every game qbs getting pressured and having the pocket mobility and instinct to deal with it. There basically isn't a starting qb in the league with as little output as Tua has had in 2 out if his 4 starts. And that includes rookies, Sam Darnold, and 4 different guys who started for the cowboys.

Talk about taking something out of context.

It shouldn't amaze me, yet it somehow does.

Tua played like **** today, all things considered. However, this quote of his should be a non-story. The reality of what he said is so misinterpreted that I couldn't even see it being bulletin board material for the opposition.

It's not like the Broncos sent the house at him to "teach him a lesson" - they beat the crap out of us by mostly rushing 4 guys. Great game plan and execution by them. Piss poor OL play, holding onto the ball too long, receivers not getting separation, and a failure to make any adjustments by our inept senile OC. They all cotributed to the loss today. But somehow our rookie QB sucks and that's the bottom line, apparently.

Nah. We've won as a team and today we lost as a team.

/Rant
Dude, they just spent a few minutes on GameDay about this. That's what happens when you throw something out there like that. Its a story.

Back
Top Bottom