EVERYTHING Tua from this week super thread. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

EVERYTHING Tua from this week super thread.

Lock threw an interception, basically free points for the Dolphins, and still won the game against a good defense. Because he actually made plays. Sure, turnovers suck, but committing a turnover is no worse than three and outs on at least two thirds if your drives. Its no worse than 4 yards per attempt. Its no worse than 50 yards passing over 8 or more drives.

Turnover avoidance is great when its paired with even mediocre production. We're getting almost no production at all.

This is also the second game in a row where Tua actually threw a pick overturned by a penalty that didn't cause the pick. He's simply been lucky.
Hey, I'm not saying Tua had a great game. But he's a rookie and he's going to have some ups and some downs, the key is whether he learns from his mistakes or repeats those mistakes. Just saying that if he has a down night and still doesn't throw an INT, that's a silver lining.

Tua was bad today. He wasn't poor, he wasn't the victim of his line, or of his receivers... he was bad.

He missed open receivers; he held the ball too long at times; he just seemed... scared.

...and that's OK. Hell, a dose of humility will do him some good. Now he can get over they hype and figure out what he has to do in order to get that bad feeling to go away. First things first kid, spend some time with your daddy, Fitzpatrick. Maybe let Fitz buy you a couple of beers. You are old enough to drink? right?

Tua was bad today. He wasn't poor, he wasn't the victim of his line, or of his receivers... he was bad.

He missed open receivers; he held the ball too long at times; he just seemed... scared.

...and that's OK. Hell, a dose of humility will do him some good. Now he can get over they hype and figure out what he has to do in order to get that bad feeling to go away. First things first kid, spend some time with your daddy, Fitzpatrick. Maybe let Fitz buy you a couple of beers. You are old enough to drink? right?
Vic had a game plan for Tua and his team played their game well.

Hey, I'm not saying Tua had a great game. But he's a rookie and he's going to have some ups and some downs, the key is whether he learns from his mistakes or repeats those mistakes. Just saying that if he has a down night and still doesn't throw an INT, that's a silver lining.
I understand why people feel that way. I'd just feel better if thus guy were challenging coverage and at times going too far and learning to reel back in the future. As it is I think it might be evidence he's looking for too perfect of a passing window than he's going to get regularly in the NFL. You draft a franchise passer so he can throw guys open and make them better, so he can display the timing to hit receivers at the right moment. O find it dismayinh he hasn't made those mistakes finding thr boundary yet.

Maybe today will be a wake-up call. The perfect season is off his back. If he fails to make plays even when he doesn't throw a pick he won't give the team the best chance to win. Thtow the ball kid.

I agree brother. It was one of those games I am sure he wants back.

I’m just not seeing it guys... aside from some flashes in AZ, he just doesn’t have IT.
I haven't see it yet. I've been open about this the past couple of weeks. I have not seen this vaunted accuracy that we were assured that he has. ...and while I have seen him look good on the 'quick take' and immediate throw, he's yet to do anything deep, or manage to hit a deep receiver while moving... and we were assured by the Alabama fans that he'd do this from the drop.

They were wrong. They were COMPLETELY wrong.

That said, I do have some optimism that these things will come... with time.

I've always been a fan of letting your rookie QB sit for awhile. Get in some work to see what he could do... then maybe sit him the first time he has a bruise.

I was concerned when he said that also. I assumed it was out of context or hoped it was. He couldn't of been this over confident. If he was then we have a problem.
I don't believe he's ****y, from what I've seen he's always been humble. I don't think he meant it, the way it sounded. He just might need to think through something on how it may sound before he says it next time.

Tua may be all that- I dont know. But I do know watching him in college i wasn’t THAT impressed.

I mean he generally stood behind an impenetrable wall if 5 star college athletes, throwing to wide open 5 star college receivers. I would expect any half decent QB to have great numbers at Alabama and look like the second coming at times.

I don't believe he's ****y, from what I've seen he's always been humble. I don't think he meant it, the way it sounded. He just might need to think through something on how it may sound before he says it next time.
I really hope Flores or someone used or will use it as a teaching moment.

I understand why people feel that way. I'd just feel better if thus guy were challenging coverage and at times going too far and learning to reel back in the future. As it is I think it might be evidence he's looking for too perfect of a passing window than he's going to get regularly in the NFL. You draft a franchise passer so he can throw guys open and make them better, so he can display the timing to hit receivers at the right moment. O find it dismayinh he hasn't made those mistakes finding thr boundary yet.

Maybe today will be a wake-up call. The perfect season is off his back. If he fails to make plays even when he doesn't throw a pick he won't give the team the best chance to win. Thtow the ball kid.
I think the problem is that Herbert is having a strong season. Often, qbs have ups and downs. If not for that, people would be less upset about Tua's up and downs. Burrow has been good, but then look what happened today with his acl injury. It's tough drafting qbs with tua's injury and that risk. But it also shows how a qb any play could have their career over or risk it with one bad hit. Burrow I don't think every had injury issues in college and look what happened today? I hope he has a full speedy recovery, but man, you never know in the nfl. We don't like it, but unfortunately it's normal for rookie qbs to have awful games. We all know Peyton Manning's rookie season or Troy Aikman;s first season. Don't forget I think Mahomes not playing his rookie season helped him watch Alex smith. I watched Aaron rodgers as a rookie under Brett Favre in pre season games and he did not look to great. After fine tuning and learning the game, you saw his real potential show. But some qbs are lucky and fly out of the gates like Herbert has, other qbs who may be good have that Peyton manning type of rookie season. I'm not saying Tua will be anything like Peyton, but I still think he has intangibles and skillset to be a very good qb

I think the problem is that Herbert is having a strong season. Often, qbs have ups and downs. If not for that, people would be less upset about Tua's up and downs. Burrow has been good, but then look what happened today with his acl injury. It's tough drafting qbs with tua's injury and that risk. But it also shows how a qb any play could have their career over or risk it with one bad hit. Burrow I don't think every had injury issues in college and look what happened today? I hope he has a full speedy recovery, but man, you never know in the nfl. We don't like it, but unfortunately it's normal for rookie qbs to have awful games. We all know Peyton Manning's rookie season or Troy Aikman;s first season. Don't forget I think Mahomes not playing his rookie season helped him watch Alex smith. I watched Aaron rodgers as a rookie under Brett Favre in pre season games and he did not look to great. After fine tuning and learning the game, you saw his real potential show. But some qbs are lucky and fly out of the gates like Herbert has, other qbs who may be good have that Peyton manning type of rookie season. I'm not saying Tua will be anything like Peyton, but I still think he has intangibles and skillset to be a very good qb
He does... my concern was always twofold. Will he be sturdy enough to avoid injuries and is he big enough? Small QBs are good on occasion, but it isn't the rule. Most fail.

That said... it is much, MUCH too early to make any conclusion here. Hell, I didn't want to draft him, and I'm here saying to not write him off. If someone who was an anti-drafting Tua as I was can counsel patience, then I have no idea who would write him off so quickly.

I haven't see it yet. I've been open about this the past couple of weeks. I have not seen this vaunted accuracy that we were assured that he has. ...and while I have seen him look good on the 'quick take' and immediate throw, he's yet to do anything deep, or manage to hit a deep receiver while moving... and we were assured by the Alabama fans that he'd do this from the drop.

They were wrong. They were COMPLETELY wrong.

That said, I do have some optimism that these things will come... with time.

I've always been a fan of letting your rookie QB sit for awhile. Get in some work to see what he could do... then maybe sit him the first time he has a bruise.
I am not losing the faith brother.

Back
Top Bottom