Expectations of Bills games this year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Expectations of Bills games this year

What are your expectations playing the Bills this year

• Sweep Bills in dominating fashion

• Sweep Bills but games are very close and down to the wire

• Split games with them

• Lose both games but they are down to the wire

• Lose both games and get dominated, Bills are still our daddy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Based on what the Bills showed back-end of last season -- a split would be really good.

I think most folks see them as the NFL front runner going into the season.

We're definitely a lot better -- but it's a tall order to overtake that team.

Losing Byron Jones is a huge problem for that game. We need everyone on the same page in the secondary. Channing may be key if we decide to play him at QB spy but that remains to be seen. We have a new "genius" on our sidelines and a team starving for a win vs those guys. Lose this game at home and we are two games behind a better team (if we can't beat them down here at home in the heat we won't beat them up there). So lose this game and the rest of the season is playing for a wildcard at best, and probably just looking forward to next season already. This is the by far the biggest game on our schedule. I feel if we are who we think we are we win this one.

Going to say something crazy but I would rather go 2-2 in the 1st 4 with wins over the pats and bills, than be 3-1 with our one loss to the bills. We start out 2-0 in the division we can make up a game along the way with the tiebreakers on our side, but we lose to the bills at home we are strictly a wildcard contender.

Losing Byron Jones is a huge problem for that game. We need everyone on the same page in the secondary. Channing may be key if we decide to play him at QB spy but that remains to be seen. We have a new "genius" on our sidelines and a team starving for a win vs those guys. Lose this game at home and we are two games behind a better team (if we can't beat them down here at home in the heat we won't beat them up there). So lose this game and the rest of the season is playing for a wildcard at best, and probably just looking forward to next season already. This is the by far the biggest game on our schedule. I feel if we are who we think we are we win this one.

Going to say something crazy but I would rather go 2-2 in the 1st 4 with wins over the pats and bills, than be 3-1 with our one loss to the bills. We start out 2-0 in the division we can make up a game along the way with the tiebreakers on our side, but we lose to the bills at home we are strictly a wildcard contender.
It's a long season and a lot can happen -- sometimes huge changes occur. BUT. Isolated in a vacuum -- you're statement is very insightful IMO.

IMO Buffalo has a fairly suspect defense. Top tier starters for sure. However, many of them are aging and injury prone. Their depth is going to get tested a lot this year. With our roster we should, SHOULD, be able to split games with them this year. I don’t think our new staff can afford to continue our previous staff’s losing to Buffalo tradition.

Nobody is dominating the other this year, but I also really believe there will be a split of both games as the heat will effect the Bills as much as the cold will effect the Dolphins later on.

Nobody be surprised if Miami come out of the gates fast with a 2-1 or 3-0 record.

If Allen plays at 80% of his bility we will be toast. If he plays at 100% we are burnt toast!

IMO Buffalo has a fairly suspect defense. Top tier starters for sure. However, many of them are aging and injury prone. Their depth is going to get tested a lot this year. With our roster we should, SHOULD, be able to split games with them this year. I don’t think our new staff can afford to continue our previous staff’s losing to Buffalo tradition.
also... we didn't just "lose" to them -- we got destroyed for the most part. Seems before you win you gotta be competitive.

I am just really hoping we split with them this year, if not I hope we can be competitive enough and keep it within a score.

I voted split because I'm hoping that's the worst we do against them this year......hoping for a sweep of course but won’t be mad if we split as long as we win the other games in the division

If we cant compete with the Bills we are not playoff worthy. There will be lots of Teams in the AFC this year that will compete and some of them defeat the Bills this year. If we are not one of them then we are here for a short overhyped season.

With Miami playing Buffalo in week 3 I wish it would have been week 5 to get this train rolling.us now that Jones is out.

Still believe we take atleast 1

Last year the Bills lost to three teams that dominated them by being eficient and strong in the running game. Titans, Colts and Pats. If we can put a good effort in that area and we can pressure Allen I think we have a chance.
They also lost 9-6 to Jacksonville somehow. The Bills beat the Dolphins 35-0 last year in Miami, how about BETTER THAN THAT?

Back
Top Bottom