Expectations of Bills games this year | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Expectations of Bills games this year

What are your expectations playing the Bills this year

• Sweep Bills in dominating fashion

• Sweep Bills but games are very close and down to the wire

• Split games with them

• Lose both games but they are down to the wire

• Lose both games and get dominated, Bills are still our daddy

Results are only viewable after voting.
If we're as good as advertised, a split should be possible. The Bills have put together one hell of a team...and unless they lose Allen for multiple weeks, they're going to rip it up this year. He just keeps getting better. His style of QB play, historically, results in QB injuries and lots of missed time...can he stay immune to that stuff? Will he get too ****y and reckless? Kid's a beast, and seemingly has gotten over his post-season buffoonery, and last year shown he can play quality 2nd season football.

On the flipside, how long will it take our offense to really gel and play consistently. I have no doubt there will be splash plays, but will it be consistent...that's my question. The working theory is it takes half a season...which, if it did, we'd be out of the running early. We need better. That learning curve needs to be slashed.

Its arguable that us missing Jones is a bigger hit than the Bills missing their top CB...as it prevents us from running the best defense we can...so the first meeting could get ugly. Boyer's going to need to show his mettle the first 4 weeks, minimum.

I'm putting a lot of faith in McDaniel, that he'll have the offense ahead of that standard curve, giving us more than a puncher's chance in week 3, and the defense can play well enough in the amoeba to pull out a close one. If we're zone all game, we're toast IMO.

Wanted to know what your expectations are this year for the 2 games we play against the Bills.

For me I would love to see us dominate them both games but realistically I know that won't happen, the Bills are just too good.
I do expect for us to split these games with them.
While we may end up losing both games, I don't expect for them to be blow outs.

What are your thoughts?

I suspect most of us here have played organized sports. Reality is players know when they approach a game and anticipate winning or losing or 'close game.' That perception can get in the players' minds.
IMO, Mia players have seen the talent added and that, alone, helps when preparing for the Bills. If Mia can beat NE and look sharp doing it, I suspect that will help in preparing for the Bills.
All that to say, after NE, we should all have a better idea of Mia's chances.

I would assume a split. At a minimum, we need to be competitive and be in the game late in the 4th.

Buffalo might be the best team in the NFL and beating them will be difficult for any team, but we certainly have the roster and defense to be the one to do it.

Hopefully home field at The Hard Rock means many more fin fans instead of years past where it seemed like the other team had just as many fans in seats.i voted split.

Not me.
Just taking advantage of the "phonetics" to rub our QB's name into the "Lemmings" faces - LOL
So you are just enjoying being facetiously phonetic....but the question is which side shall be prophetic.

It just wont be the same type of game we've seen... Having an offense that can score points changes the whole thing...
Really, the philosophy in general.

You just can't play it conservative, trying to eke out a 3 or 7 point win, against high scoring offenses. Not saying throw caution to the wind either, but thinking you are always going to stop an offensively dynamic opponent is unrealistic.

It just wont be the same type of game we've seen... Having an offense that can score points changes the whole thing...
I agree. That's why I can't say I have an expectation. My feeling is that last season we handled Allen pretty well for much of the game, but we couldn't score any points or control the clock. Eventually the defense wore down and gave up plays. The dynamic would be completely different is our offense was putting up points.

And obviously, I would like us to dominate, but I can't say it's a requirement to even win in the regular season against them after watching the Rams lose twice to SF and then beat them in the playoffs on the way to winning a SB.

Exactly! When you closely watch the games it becomes fairly obvious not having an offense that can keep up with the Bills has been a major problem. Very few defense can on their own win against that type of team. You have to be able to score and we haven’t been able to do that when we’ve previously played them. Hopefully we can now and take this thing down to the wire.

It would be great if we could win the last game we play against them this season.

Back
Top Bottom