fat hank says we should trade 0-gun and a DB for James | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

fat hank says we should trade 0-gun and a DB for James

I sure wouldnt pull the trigger on Ogun for EJ unless we got a good pick on top of it. If oyu look at Miners size, he is comparable to a # of starters. He isnt the ideal starter, but I think it too late for that unless we get raped in deal again. At least we have guys that will show up for camp, are serious players that will put out for their teamates. This should light a bit more fire in the OLs butts too, boy they need to get it together quick. Sammy Morris alwys looked good against us as a tailback as well. If travis is the featured guy, I would have tresman massage our scheme with a West Caost twist to accomadate travis strengths and size.

midwest_phinfan said:
I'm listening to fat Hank now online for the first time. Is this guy always such a jackass. He is very rude and condescending to the callers, he seems different when he's on sportscenter.

Yup he's always that way, he has a hate hate relationship with the fans who listen to his show. But the guy has some of the best connections for inside NFL info.

Oliver...

I am not in favor of trading O-Gun for a RB at this point. I think that if the Dolphins do trade him, it should be for a 1st round pick in 2005 and just deal with the RB situation with guys who are on the roster now and another RB that will be released after training camps close.

dolfan91 said:
no way .. edge isn't worth all that .. not after his injuries .. no way!!!

He is worth it when we are in desperate need for a back if we want to win this year!

Ogun and Howard for Edge and a 3rd

pigskinguy said:
Go look at his numbers from last year
If you are impressed by those numbers then you dont expect much out of your Running Backs there in Miami. The guy has injury problems for one, he costs too much for him to be the ninth leading rusher in the AFC, just not worth it to trade Adewale Ogunleye and a Defensive back as previously mentioned.

The eagles and pats and raiders are all teams that have been fine w/ the commitee approach at RB in the last few years. They just play to guys strenghths. wasn't Trestman w/ two of those teams?

we need to survive this year, maybe with what we've got.

Then look at Cadillac or Benson in the draft.

finsnchips said:
we need to survive this year, maybe with what we've got.

Then look at Cadillac or Benson in the draft.

Yep. My thoughts exactly. I am really,really,really sick of sending so many of our draft pick to other teams. Heres a novel concept: Keep our draft picks and get some good young guys.

if Indy came to me with that porposal i would counter with this and say that is all we will give it up for.

i would trade Sam Madison and Ogun for Edge and their 1st rounder in a heart beat. One we dont have to play Indy this year. two, we get a legit RB who is also a terror catching the ball out of the backfield and who would be happy. three, we have DB's who are capable of playing in Poole and carolina guy (forget) and we would have a boatload of money to spend.
fourth, we would have two first round draft picks next year!!!! Look, for all intensive purposes, Wanny is gone and we start the rebuilding with Zach and Seau and Timbo on chopping block or start thinking about it any ways. I think this would be an awesome deal. then Indy would have some dough and not have to worry about a #1 nextyear to pay.

You dont cut Zach with the amount of money that it would eat up.

finfan54 said:
if Indy came to me with that porposal i would counter with this and say that is all we will give it up for.

i would trade Sam Madison and Ogun for Edge and their 1st rounder in a heart beat. One we dont have to play Indy this year. two, we get a legit RB who is also a terror catching the ball out of the backfield and who would be happy. three, we have DB's who are capable of playing in Poole and carolina guy (forget) and we would have a boatload of money to spend.
fourth, we would have two first round draft picks next year!!!! Look, for all intensive purposes, Wanny is gone and we start the rebuilding with Zach and Seau and Timbo on chopping block or start thinking about it any ways. I think this would be an awesome deal. then Indy would have some dough and not have to worry about a #1 nextyear to pay.
That would be nice but lets be realistic, you think Indy will offer this now? They are contenders this year.

We would never cut Zach, he is the glue of the Dolphins. It would be stupid to trade a DB back, that's our best position, and are biggest rivals love 4 reciever sets. We NEED edge. 80 percent of the playbook is Ricky, we need someone experienced.

jaketaylor said:
You dont cut Zach with the amount of money that it would eat up.

i actually think Zach is going to enter retirement into his head soon. If zach gets long in the tooth again this season, dont be surprised. But what i am saying is that you have to start think retooling to replace those guys sooner rather than later.

Back
Top Bottom