Favorite draft pick? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Favorite draft pick?

McMillan by far. After watching the entire Michigan vs Ohio State game, I'm a believer. That was big boy football and #5 was around the football every single play

The mother ****ing Chef!!!
usatsi_8950901.jpg

Easily McMillan. We desperately needed a solid young guy in the LB corps and he certainly sounds like he could be. He doesn't need to be a huge star to really improve this defense.

I love almost everything we did un this draft, so it's hard for me to isolate my one favorite pick... That's weird for me to say too, cuz I'm usually a cynic. I think that Harris and Tankersley both have a chance to be stars, where McMillan I think will be a very solid MLB, but not necessarily a huge playmaker... He'll be more like Bart Scott than Ray Lewis in other words. Very good and reliable player with smarts and leadership, but not a hall of famer.

My favoeite pick all things considered is probably Asiata. What an absolute steal. He's a mauler in the run game with freakish strength and great athleticism for a man of his girth. I've heard he's an amazing pulling guard on run plays, but I'm not sure he'll do much of that in our system... I may be totally ****in wrong about that but don't we run a ZBS that's more just about blocking the guy in front of you as opposed to pulling on sweeps etc?
Anyway, Asiata I believe will be an outstanding starting LG for us at some point sooner than later, particularly in the run game. If and when he gets better on pass plays he'll be a stud.

McMillan, with an honorable mention to Asiata. Those were two guys I really loved everything about even down to their character and attitudes. I'm so happy we have building blocks in two areas of extreme need (OL and LB).

Between Asiata and McMillan.

Asiata will help the offense be more dynamic, Tannehill having more protection (which has been greatly needed considering the garble at guard we have had) and Ajayi having more running lanes to pound through up the middle. Overly excited about that.

McMillan, just a stud young LB that will eventually be our MLB for years to come.

I don't remember the last time I have been this excited for a season to start. Excellent draft! Let's do this thing!!!

Asiata. Only starter. How he lasted to the faith round is beyond me

Back
Top Bottom