Favorite moment as a Dophin Fan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Favorite moment as a Dophin Fan

72 Undefeated

Club Member
Reaction score
As an old timer this is a no brainer or me. I was just 21 years old and had been a Dolfan fan since they entered the old AFL when they had undefeated season in 1972. But I got to wondering what about all of those Dolphin fans who have not experienced the Dolphins winning a Super Bowl. What is your favorite moment? Or if you did experience the Super Bowl years, do you have a different favorite moment?

As an old timer myself, of course my favorite moment was watching Don Shula being carried off the field after winning Super Bowl VII.

Perhaps my favorite moment came a year earlier when Dick Anderson return that interception 62 yards against the Colts in the AFC Championship game. It is probably one the greatest plays in NFL history that rarely if ever gets talked about.

Any time we beat the Jets..............

1982 AFC Championship game, 1984 AFC Championship was good but I still felt like oh crap thinking about the 49ers. Even as a child I knew deep down inside they weren't beating the 49ers.

Fulton Walker's kickoff return in the Super Bowl might be the high point. One half of football away from a championship. Never thought that 30 minutes away from a title was going to turn into 30 years +.

The Bears game in 85, a regular season game maybe you have to have been a fan at the time to understand.

The 2008 division title was nice too after so much losing. A lot had to go right for that happen and it was the only bright spot in recent memory. It didn't last long but it was nice to say the Dolphins are AFC East champs, the Dolphins are in the playoffs even if it was only for a little while.

I hope Philbin can get us use to winning the division every year and going to the playoffs like the early 80s, if they can do that chances are they will snatch a title in there somewhere!

Since I wasn't alive in the '70s and only one year old for the '84 Super Bowl run, I'll say my first ever trip to Miami for a home game in 1998. It was the Monday night game, Marino vs. Elway, and Dan tore it up. We won that game 31-21 and the crowd was loud and lively for a national TV primetime game. Something I hope is a staple coming in the near future.

As a youngster my favorite moment was when we beat the jets in the afc champioship game.

Later in life I would say it was being at the post 9/11 game vs the raiders when fiedler won it the final seconds. Great crowd, great game.

The game @Jets with Pennington is my fav recent moments.

1. We beat the Jets
2. Penny gets revenge
3. Pats dont make the playoffs
4. We make the playoffs

Trifecta +1 !

Became a fan in 1975, so I missed the Super Bowls.
But at the top of the list are:
The Marino Spike Game.
The Lamar Smith run in overtime vs the Colts in the playoffs, topping off a phenomenal rushing day and a 2 TD comeback, 2000 season.
1982 AFC Championship vs Jets(AJ Duhe game)

For some reason the 2007 game against Baltimore when Camarillo caught the TD in overtime to prevent us from having a winless season brought me to tears. No other game has made me tear up before and I've been a dolphins fan since I was a kid and am 35 years old now. Those guys felt like they won the superbowl that day. That season was so horrible and watching the players go nuts after the game was like being showered with relief. I just broke down. Great moment for me

Long time fan, but one of my favorite moments was this year when I attended my first home game vs the jags. A good friend set up the whole weekend. We had dinner the night before at the Hard Rock hotel with Sam Madison, arrived at the staidum at 10 am tailgated at the paul & young Ron Burger zone. Meet Kim Bokamper, had on field passes for pre-game. They added the undefeted season and Bill arnsbarger to the ring of honor. saw Shula,Csonka,Warfield,Griese, What a great weekend, Thanks Michael

I'm not old enough to remember any of the season where the 'Phins were among the NFL elite. That leaves my favorite memory when Lamar Smith won that Wild Card game against Indianapolis in OT back in 2002 (I think?). In hindsight, that game left Miami completely drained for their next game against Oakland, and we got spanked. But that OT drive was probably the most exciting thing I've personally experienced as a Miami fan...

The game @Jets with Pennington is my fav recent moments.

1. We beat the Jets
2. Penny gets revenge
3. Pats dont make the playoffs
4. We make the playoffs

Trifecta +1 !

This was my first Dolphins game since becoming a fan in 5th grade(1992). Amazing game to be apart of.

I still remember crying as a young child when Pete missed that FG v.s San Diego. To think times have gotten worse since then with all these miserable seasons. Success is right around the corner!

Back
Top Bottom