Favorite moment as a Dophin Fan | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Favorite moment as a Dophin Fan

I have a few but I'll list one that probably wont get much love if any. 1992 Miami @ Buffalo. 37-10. We just picked up Keith Jackson and he made an immediate impact. But I remember it mainly due to Louis Oliver and his 3 ints, taking the last back 103 yards for a td to ice the game. Also, Louis Oliver and Mark Clayton taunting the crowd afterwards... "let's go Buffalo!!! Duh-duh-duh-duh" Classic.

im among the under 30 yrs old fans so I only know the very end of Marino's career and then the 14 years of crappy football since.

if I had to pick?

2009 Monday Night Football - Jets @ Dolphins...... Ricky and Ronnie wildcat them to death, with ronnie rushing TD to win the game with 20 seconds left in the 4th quarter. even ted ginn caught a long bomb for a TD on the supposed best CB in the game darelle revis. the game was epic.

Second quarter of Super Bowl VII vs. the Redskins. It was still scoreless and we had blown several chances, including the penalty wiping out the long touchdown pass to Warfield. I had been frantically rooting for every play, along with the rest of my family. Then suddenly I had a realization that we were controlling the game, were the superior team, and everything would take care of itself. It was a remarkable calm sensation, a certainty that it would happen, the championship and unbeaten season. For several minutes I stopped stressing every play and merely observed my family members, still shouting and pacing.

Prior to that game Dolphin fans were anything but confident and sure. Don't let anybody pretend otherwise. There are always scattered examples of fans who think we'll win every game every season. But the overriding concern was the NFC was still the stronger conference, based on NFL roots, and we were in danger of being exposed again. I wasn't optimistic or pessimistic heading into that game. Once I'd seen about 20 minutes of play I was convinced we'd prevail. Fernandez was dictating the defensive front. Griese was healthy, calm and in control. Our offensive line was starting to get to them. I can still envision where I was standing, and the images as I looked around the room, once the calming realization hit me.

Recently, it's not even close: New England losing the Super Bowl and to the Giants in 2007 was the greatest moment in Dolphin franchise history since our second Super Bowl win. Keuchenberg described it that way and he's absolutely correct. If that unbeaten feat had been matched, particularly by a division rival, suddenly our trump card is gone and the four decades of subsequent failure is front and center.

The game @Jets with Pennington is my fav recent moments.

1. We beat the Jets
2. Penny gets revenge
3. Pats dont make the playoffs
4. We make the playoffs

Trifecta +1 !

Yep, and we knocked both the Jets and the Pats out of the playoffs with that win.

Both superbowls for me tho I was 12 and 13 in those years....after that, the best "moment" was seeing AJ Duhe getting his 3rd pick of the day and running it in for a TD to seal the deal back in 82.

Ozzy rules!!

This is a fantastic walk down memory lane for me. Thanks fellow Dolphin fans. So may fantastic memories and as one person wrote "history repets itself" so there are many more to come.

1992 Divisional playoffs 31-0 vs Chargers(I was there in the rain)
The wildcat game vs Patriots
Louis Oliver 103 yard int game vs Bills

Has to be the only time since I've been a hardcore fan that the Dolphins have really won something - 2008 season finale against the Jets in their home turf with the QB they released in camp, beating them for the division. I've seen enough fun games that didn't amount to anything so I can't really count them - 2008 was the year where we finally made those splash wins add up to a playoff berth for the first time in 7 years.

When Greg Camarillo prevented us from being the only undefeated and winless team. :sidelol:

I'm going with Run Ricky Run vs Buffalo in the snow. I'm a younger Dolphin fan, so I don't remember a lot of the Marino days sadly. Especially since I didn't have NFL ticket and I lived in Arizona, but I watched a lot of Dolphins during the Ricky era. Loved watching him play.

Besides the SB wins when I was a kid.....I would go with watching Olindo Mare kicking a game winning 53 yard field goal at Mile High Stadium, to beat the Denver Donkeys 24-22 in 2002.

I loved that game. With the win we went to 5-1 if I remember correctly and then it all fell apart. Won some cash on that kick as well.

Well since i'm only 19 I don't have many lol

I would have to say when Pennington beat the Jets and clinched the division with that win!

The win over Dallas on Thanksgiving day. Ice field. I still am owed $30.00 on that bet. The SOB never paid me and I have not forgotten.

Pennington beating the Jests in 2008 and Lamar Smith's game winning TD vs the colts

Back
Top Bottom