Favorite moment as a Dophin Fan | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Favorite moment as a Dophin Fan

Seeing how I'm only 20, so far my favorite memory is Penny returning to the meadowlands to beat the New York Jets to get into the playoffs/win the division. Magical season even though we didn't go anywhere in the playoffs.

I'm going with Run Ricky Run vs Buffalo in the snow. I'm a younger Dolphin fan, so I don't remember a lot of the Marino days sadly. Especially since I didn't have NFL ticket and I lived in Arizona, but I watched a lot of Dolphins during the Ricky era. Loved watching him play.

Didn't we lose to Buffalo even when Ricky got over 200? That was the last game of the Ray Lucas abomination, and for all the good Ricky did, Lucas outdid him with terrible. He got hurt in that game and a Fiedler who could barely hold the ball with a still injured thumb in the snow came in and couldn't do anything.

I would have to say Marino's first game back from the injury.

Second would be Lamar Smith against Indy. I will never forget that celebration at my house.

Didn't we lose to Buffalo even when Ricky got over 200? That was the last game of the Ray Lucas abomination, and for all the good Ricky did, Lucas outdid him with terrible. He got hurt in that game and a Fiedler who could barely hold the ball with a still injured thumb in the snow came in and couldn't do anything.

I think we did lose that game. Ricky was amazing in that game though. I was pre-teen at the time so I don't have a lot of history as a Dolphins fans. Ricky carried the ball 27 times. Fielder and Lucas threw it 20 times and Minor ran it 4 and Lucas 3 times which is 27 as well. Ricky had so many carries that year. 383?? That is over 30 more times Peterson carried the ball this year. He went 2216 yards from scrimmage. He ran it 393 times the follow year. I think 400 was next? Dolphins think this team is predictable. Remember the Ricky era? He got the ball almost every first down.. My 3 favorite moments were.

1. Run Ricky Run in Buffalo.
2. Greg Cam big time run in OT saving us from going 0-16
3. Pennington vs the Jets beating Favre.

I loved that game. With the win we went to 5-1 if I remember correctly and then it all fell apart. Won some cash on that kick as well.
I flew down from Seattle for that game. Fielders third down conversion to set up the field goal is classic.

so many to choose from, DUHE in AFDC championship game, unveiling of the wildcat, beating Dallas on thanksgiving, crushing flutie flakes, shulas all time winningest coach game in Philly, but seriously lately it has to be

18 and one GIANT loss for the patsies!

great post, many memories.

I forget the Marino retirement game in the pouring rain against the ravens. Couldn't believe how happy, sad and wet I was!!!!

How bout the fake spike for a TD and the win against the low life jets?

Fake spike that was it for me, Marino won the game and the Jets organization collapsed for 5 years.

Wow, this post sucks, no offense to OP, not that its a bad idea, just that some of us may have a real hard time coming up with memorable moments. So far all I've come up with is when we beat the Colts in OT in the playoffs, when Lamar Smith ran for 200. The I believe we got trounced by the Raiders the following week. Damn Fiedler, I'll never forgive him for throwing that pick 6 in that game. We had taking command early were about to score, then BAM, down 7-0 and the crowd goes wild. If we score a TD there the game is totally different. Dammit, I ended up bringin up a bad moment. Being a Fins fan is hard work.

Well at least in my life span the one that I remember most is our lone win against the Baltimore Ravens I just remember how pumped our stadium was and how pumped JT was after the victory. It was an awesome game. Then there was the comeback against the Bills in 2005, I forgot the numbers all too much but it was when Saban was still our coach and we erased a big halftime deficit against the Bills led by Sage Rosenfels. It all started after a Sam Madison interception, from there we just kept scoring and Chambers posted 249 yards in that game.

Although I became a fan in 1970, I was just 10 and don't really remember those Super Bowl seasons. My favorite moment isn't a certain game or play, but is a feeling I had when Miami lost to the 49ers in the Super Bowl after the 84 season. I was 100% sure that with Marino, Miami would go on to make regular SB appearances. Unfortunately, we all know how that played out, and my favorite moment turned into a huge disappointment. Still, that sense of excitement and anticipation was carried throughout Marino's career. Dan's retirement without a SB ring is probably one of the most heartbreaking memories for me as a Miami fan.

Wow, this post sucks, no offense to OP, not that its a bad idea, just that some of us may have a real hard time coming up with memorable moments. So far all I've come up with is when we beat the Colts in OT in the playoffs, when Lamar Smith ran for 200. The I believe we got trounced by the Raiders the following week. Damn Fiedler, I'll never forgive him for throwing that pick 6 in that game. We had taking command early were about to score, then BAM, down 7-0 and the crowd goes wild. If we score a TD there the game is totally different. Dammit, I ended up bringin up a bad moment. Being a Fins fan is hard work.

The reason I created this post was to specifically hear from younger fans who have never experienced any part or much of the Dolphin glory years. The fact there are so many die-hard young Dolphin fans who still support this team and live and bleed aqua and orange in spite of the not so great performace for much of your lives is amazing to me and is a tribute to your committment as a Dolphin fan. Stay the course. You will be rewarded. Thanks for the post, I can only imagine your frustration.

Back
Top Bottom