Feeley brought in too backup???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley brought in too backup????

34RWilliams

The Future
Reaction score
I've been speculating this and im sure its been going through your heads as well. What if Feeley was brought in here to bring a better game out of Jay (if their is one). Competition does bring out the best in a player. I know that the same ordeal was with Griese but theirs alot more on the line then last year. Wanny's job, and the Phins rep.

You don't spend a 2nd round pick for a back-up. He was brought in to start, but of course he has to earn it first.

nooo way

:confused: for a second round pick, thats too much to give up for a back up of any kind except u know maybe a nickel back or something. feeley will start this season or next. the phins have too much invested in him.

LIQUID24 said:
You don't spend a 2nd round pick for a back-up. He was brought in to start, but of course he has to earn it first.

YEA YOU DO IF YOU ANTICIPATE YOUR STARTER TO GO DOWN SOMETIME DURING THE SEASON ;)

"What If" during training camp Jay wins the job and is put #1 on depth chart. I would'nt be surprised at all. What would your reactions be?

34RWilliams said:
I've been speculating this and im sure its been going through your heads as well. What if Feeley was brought in here to bring a better game out of Jay (if their is one). Competition does bring out the best in a player. I know that the same ordeal was with Griese but theirs alot more on the line then last year. Wanny's job, and the Phins rep.
:roflmao: Anyone who plans to go into the season with Fifi is throwing in the towel before he ever starts.

BlueFin said:
:roflmao: Anyone who plans to go into the season with Fifi is throwing in the towel before he ever starts.

throwing the towel in then huh? um he got us to a 10-6 record last year...uh that isnt that bad...doesnt matter if we made the playoffs or not(well it matters but) 10 wins is good ok...your acting as though he wouldnt win won game with us

a 2nd round draft pick would be cheap.....and Rick would be hailed a hero.....if the only thing that threatened a dolphins super bowl run was a quarterback going down with injury....but I truly believe feeley has been brought in to take the dolphin QB position to a higher level of play......whether that be feeley himself or a better fiedler BECAUSE of the competition with feeley........who cares......this is a team!

LIQUID24 said:

Hey Liquid Whats the name of that song that I like so much by the Deftones that was on the Queen Of the Damn soundtrack?

Den54 said:
Hey Liquid Whats the name of that song that I like so much by the Deftones that was on the Queen Of the Damn soundtrack?
It's called "Change (in the House of Flies)"

AWESOME song :)

"I've watched you change
Into a fly
I looked away
You were on fire"

*_*ADMIRAL*_* said:
throwing the towel in then huh? um he got us to a 10-6 record last year...uh that isnt that bad...doesnt matter if we made the playoffs or not(well it matters but) 10 wins is good ok...your acting as though he wouldnt win won game with us

No Fiedler got us to a 7 1/2 - 4 record last year.

34RWilliams said:

First of all it's never crossed my mind that we brought him in as a backup, and I don't know what would make you come to that conclusion. AJ Feeley was brought in to upgrade the QB position for the Dolphins and take the job , and nearly every one in our FO had faith in him to come and do it and I agree with them. Feeley was not brought in here to the backup in any way,shape, or form, at the time we didn't know if we were even bringing Fiedler back so to say he was brought here to back up Jay is ridiculous...the reason we brought him in was because Plan A & B fell through, namely Mark Brunell and Patrick Ramsey. At the time we were still speculating on who would be cut so we didn't know that Garcia, Collins, Warner, and Couch would be available and rather than wait and piss the fans off by having only Fiedler in there, they made the move for Feeley. The only, and I mean only, reason that Fiedler is here is because he knows the offense and the team, last year the entire coaching staff lost their faith in him during the year and upgrading QB was an offseason priority for this team. Their not stupid, they know what would happen if they traded a high draft pick for a backup, this town would mutiny if Jay started again and we didn't go far in the playoffs. Trust me, Jay might be splitting time with Feeley right now, but that's only because AJ is not comfortable yet, once TC rolls around you'll see AJ start to separate himself and win the job easily.

*_*ADMIRAL*_* said:

I agree. What if Jay was in the games with Griese? Could have been a better record then 10-6.

IF jay wins the job. it is because AJ isnt ready yet, that is the only reason. At some point AJ will be the qb.

He can't make Feilder any better. Feilder's strenghts and weaknessess are unteachable. His instinct in the pocket is only bettered by a few QB's, His accuracy last year was like a yo-yo and Sometimes high, sometimes behind, and rarely exactly on target...

Griese had much better acuracy than Feilder, and if he had anything close to Jay's pocket awareness he'd still be here.

Just listening to the camp reports It sounds like Feely has it all over Jay on accuracy. Not shocking. Feely is going to need eyes in the back of his head when he first steps behind our brandnew Oline or it isn't going to matter how much more accurate he is than Jay...

--Ross

Back
Top Bottom