Feeley brought in too backup???? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley brought in too backup????

ckparrothead said:
If we'd managed to get Brunell, you guys wouldn't have gotten Losman, because Spielman was going to draft a young guy to learn under Brunell. Its all relative. Everyone has to "settle" The Bills wanted Phillip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, or Eli Manning but had to "settle" for JP Losman. It doesn't mean he won't be a good QB and doesn't have a shot at being better than the other three. Such is the case with Feeley.

I think at this point unless Feeley blows us away in preseason (and that is a strong possibility, in Philly he was known as a guy who performed far better during games than in practice) Fiedler will start the season as our QB however I do expect that we will see Feeley come in sometime before mid-season, and I am almost positive, that Feeley will retain the job from then on.
You nor I don't know that. Yes, it would've changed the whole situation but we still needed a qb and if you got Brunnel you will still need an OL to protect him and weren't we ahead of the fins in the draft? So how could've Spielman drafted a qb ahead of us unless he traded up. He still could've kept Brunnel and traded for Feely to be the future qb. Who knows?

The bills supposedly tried to trade up for Big Ben but no one wanted to take TD's offer. I doubt the bills would've tried to trade up for Rivers. You are right we did settle (not that much, our trade for him says the bills think Losman was a 1st rd. pick anyways) . Just so you know , I didn't mean anything bad by the fins settling for Feely.

Dr.Astro I'm not sure I agree with King though. From all of the camp reports actually it looks to me like Fiedler is getting MORE snaps than Feeley. I think Wannstedt likes Feeley, but much like Sage Rosenfels, I don't think he thinks Feeley has enough experience to take over a team that needs to be making its super bowl run now.

The bills supposedly tried to trade up for Big Ben but no one wanted to take TD's offer. I doubt the bills would've tried to trade up for Rivers.

It matters not. If all four quarterbacks were on the board at the Bills' first pick, JP Losman would have been the last QB they would have taken. That doesn't make him a bad prospect it just means like with anything, there's always a first option. I bet the Phins would have loved to acquire Patrick Ramsey in trade or Marc Bulger or even one of the best QBs in the league but that doesn't mean Feeley is a bad prospect. Just saying they "settled" for Feeley implies that, and we could equally say the Bills "settled" for Losman, Vincent, etc.

You nor I don't know that. Yes, it would've changed the whole situation but we still needed a qb and if you got Brunnel you will still need an OL to protect him and weren't we ahead of the fins in the draft? So how could've Spielman drafted a qb ahead of us unless he traded up. He still could've kept Brunnel and traded for Feely to be the future qb. Who knows?

The Bills drafted Lee Evans with their first pick. I'm surprised you didn't know that...

ckparrothead said:
Dr.Astro I'm not sure I agree with King though. From all of the camp reports actually it looks to me like Fiedler is getting MORE snaps than Feeley. I think Wannstedt likes Feeley, but much like Sage Rosenfels, I don't think he thinks Feeley has enough experience to take over a team that needs to be making its super bowl run now.

Let me bounce an idea off of you. Knowing Feeley is at a disadvantage from not knowing the playbook as well as Fiedler, the offensive braintrust decides to divide the reps a bit more evenly to begin with to make sure Feeley and the media don't get an overwhelming dose of failure from the get-go. The rationale being this: if all we see from the start of QB camp is Feeley reps, and he's really rusty to start things off, the decision to bring Feeley is even more hotly questioned, and worse -- Feeley starts questioning himself.

This way, Feeley gets a chance to gain a comfort level under the guise of a competition until he's ready to take over as "the man" late in training camp.

Just a theory. And I just came up with it now, so it doesn't come with a warranty. :)

ckparrothead said:
The Bills drafted Lee Evans with their first pick. I'm surprised you didn't know that...
I do . What the bills offer was to trade up for Ben , only the bills know. TD could've offered next years 1st to trade up for Ben (could be why no one was willing to accept his offer for to move up in the top 10) and still draft Evans at 13. I don't know.

Fact is, we needed a qb to learn under Drew. Like I said, it could've changed the situation but not so much for the bills unless the fins traded up for a qb. Only then would it affect the bills. Either ways, the fins would've still needed an OL and getting Brunnel would've affected your cap which could've change the entire scenario trying to get James . Who knows?

Juice_56 said:
:confused: for a second round pick, thats too much to give up for a back up of any kind except u know maybe a nickel back or something. feeley will start this season or next. the phins have too much invested in him.

Not for nothing but if they list Zach at 5-11 I bet he is closer to 5-9.

yankeehillbilly said:
I doubt it. Griese's two losses were Indy and Tenn...I seriously doubt Jay would have fared any better against those teams.

Griese never moved out of the pocket and Jay can acually move. Greise in those game was sacked and hurried alot. Those games are over but it does make you think about it.

*_*ADMIRAL*_* said:
throwing the towel in then huh? um he got us to a 10-6 record last year...uh that isnt that bad...doesnt matter if we made the playoffs or not(well it matters but) 10 wins is good ok...your acting as though he wouldnt win won game with us

We were 10-6 due to our defense and running ricky in to the line 400 times to hold onto the ball.

Back
Top Bottom