Fight Fire With Fire | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fight Fire With Fire

2413fanphins

Active Roster
Reaction score
It seems to me that our new england friends must be starting to shake a bit when they think about our defense heading into next year.
Our D line should be solid with taylor, hopefully rod wright, and matt roth.
If not wright, than perhaps alan branch.

Our linebackers obviously are going to be scary with porter, thomas and crowder. maybe poz if we draft him.

Our only question mark is going to be the secondary. We really need to think of drafting landry and moving jason allen to CB.

The pats are certainly loading up on offense at least as far as receivers go.
We are going to have to be able to contain stallworth as he is the deep threat.

I was just seeing that they signed washington as well. They are giving into brady and getting him some weapons to throw too. I wonder if chad jackson will improve or if he was a wasted pick.

I think we should fight fire with fire. We need to target landry, by doing so our defense will be among the top five in every category.

We are going to have to be able to at least limit the amount of points the patsies put up, and I think our D will be able to do that.

It's our offense that is going to be crucial to winning the division. We are gonna have to be better than the 16.3 pts a game or whatever last year.

I wouldn't mind landry in the first, but don't you think it would be wise to load up offensively in the rest of the draft?

The problem is..now they got recievers..and our secondary is shaky...so..unless we find a way to get 2 bray EVERY SINGLE TIME (which, cmon..wont happen) we are screwed.
but again...as we saw in our last victory against pats...even late hits can shake brady up..))

Yeah...the patriots are just gonna look at our offense and just start laughing.

The defense more than likely won't be doing much scoring so our offense
has to improve ALOT! So far, all we've done is get rid of some pretty
good players and not gotten anything in return for them. Hopefully,
Mueller will be smart enough to draft some good offensive players
whether it be on O-line, quarterback, or wide reciever and
forget about the defense for the most part.

How about we fight fire with water and not worry about the Pats? Landry would be cool though, but people might want to hold down the expectations in his first year as a pro. I'm more partial to an OL like Levi Brown though. Just hoping he wont be a bust :/.

It seems to me that our new england friends must be starting to shake a bit when they think about our defense heading into next year.
Our D line should be solid with taylor, hopefully rod wright, and matt roth.
If not wright, than perhaps alan branch.

Our linebackers obviously are going to be scary with porter, thomas and crowder. maybe poz if we draft him.

Our only question mark is going to be the secondary. We really need to think of drafting landry and moving jason allen to CB.

The pats are certainly loading up on offense at least as far as receivers go.
We are going to have to be able to contain stallworth as he is the deep threat.

I was just seeing that they signed washington as well. They are giving into brady and getting him some weapons to throw too. I wonder if chad jackson will improve or if he was a wasted pick.

I think we should fight fire with fire. We need to target landry, by doing so our defense will be among the top five in every category.

We are going to have to be able to at least limit the amount of points the patsies put up, and I think our D will be able to do that.

It's our offense that is going to be crucial to winning the division. We are gonna have to be better than the 16.3 pts a game or whatever last year.

I wouldn't mind landry in the first, but don't you think it would be wise to load up offensively in the rest of the draft?

Just a note on Chad Jackson. Jackson tore his ACL in the AFCC game vs indy and had surgery to repair it in january. Right now it looks as though he'll miss traing camp again so he most likely won't be ready for opening day. I suspect with all the WR we have that he'll start the season on PUP at the very least and could even wind up on the injuried/out list for the year.

Just a note on Chad Jackson. Jackson tore his ACL in the AFCC game vs indy and had surgery to repair it in january. Right now it looks as though he'll miss traing camp again so he most likely won't be ready for opening day. I suspect with all the WR we have that he'll start the season on PUP at the very least and could even wind up on the injuried/out list for the year.

Not to mention Troy Brown is going to retire and probably moreso now that all these guys are in town.

BTW. It does not bother me that the Pats are taking major risks on players and paying big bucks for it. That will only backfire on them long term.

I agree that our secondary may have some issues with NE. I would like to say that the have to have time to throw the ball. It looks like Miami will not hand time over easily. The front seven will take pressure off the secondary. Additionally the secondarys best friend is knowing that they have to throw. Our secondary as is performed well against Indy. With another year under the belt I think we will be fine. Our early pics are better spent on offense if possible.

I do not care about the Patriots. They are not thinking about us. They signed a bunch of free agents. think about it this way. If for some reason, Chambers or Booker were free agents, do you really think the Patriots would have targeted Stallworth and Welker? These "big" free agent signings (receivers) are all hype. They had NO recievers last year. The reason the patriots are good are because of Brady and Belicheck....everything else is just an after thought. Personaly, I think the signing of a 5'11 third receiver from a team that was last in the conference was laughable

The Patriots have added
Kelly Washington 6'3" 218 lbs
Donte' Stallworth 6' 196 lbs
Wes Welker 5'9" 185 lbs
as WRs to go with
Jabar Gaffney 6'1" 205 lbs
Rache Caldwell 6' 210 lbs
This along with Sammy Morris, and Adalius Thomas.
They have two 1st round draft picks and it sounded like they where going after Edgerton Hartwell.
I don't think they are running scared. It looks like they are very serious about winning another SB.

The defense more than likely won't be doing much scoring so our offense
has to improve ALOT! So far, all we've done is get rid of some pretty
good players and not gotten anything in return for them. Hopefully,
Mueller will be smart enough to draft some good offensive players
whether it be on O-line, quarterback, or wide reciever and
forget about the defense for the most part.

How do you get rid of pretty good players from a team that went 6-10? 19-29 if you want to count the last three years.

Stallworth gets one more substance abuse violation and he's suspended for 4 games. We all know what that's like. Kelley Washington couldn't make it out of the 5th receiver spot in Cincy. He's got good speed but unreliable hands. On paper they look great but in real life it's a different story. This isn't the customary way the Patriots do things so lets see if it blows up in their face.

The problem is..now they got recievers..and our secondary is shaky...so..unless we find a way to get 2 bray EVERY SINGLE TIME (which, cmon..wont happen) we are screwed.
but again...as we saw in our last victory against pats...even late hits can shake brady up..))
You're right about not getting to him every time, it's impossible to sack a guy each down, but just because he doesn't get pressured doesn't mean it's going for a touchdown. Stallworth is their best receiver right now and really, as long as our safeties cover the deep ball he's not a huge threat.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that even though our secondary isn't great, it's not awful. We'll cover guys on most plays, not like we have a bunch of Reggie Howards out there.

Is it me, or does NE seem to 'taking' away pieces that we were trying to get? As if to counter us but not allowing us to get certain players? Seems strange they've never been this busy, then when they are, they half our players and then a handful of targets we have in FA.

Back
Top Bottom