Fight Fire With Fire | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fight Fire With Fire

I disagree

I do not care about the Patriots. They are not thinking about us.
I would have to disagree with this statement. I think they were definately thinking about us when they signed Wes to that rediculous offer sheet. Not only do they gain a good player, we lose one. They are kicking our *** so far this off season, I hope we can come back some with our draft picks.

Stallworth will be injured before the season is halfway over. That the pats are adding so many receivers tells you how bad their receivers were last year. They are focusing on one thing, and that is winning the SB. That should be the same thing we are doing. Getting distracted by focusing on one team or another usually gets you nothing but disappointment.

The problem is..now they got recievers..and our secondary is shaky...so..unless we find a way to get 2 bray EVERY SINGLE TIME (which, cmon..wont happen) we are screwed.
but again...as we saw in our last victory against pats...even late hits can shake brady up..))

Great receivers? None of their guys have ever gone over 1000 yards and we're calling them great? Sure, they have some nice players, but they are spending big money on marginal talent. Welker was no where near worth what they gave up and Stallworth is good, but can he stay on the field? I know we'll at least split with the Patriots, I'm more worried about finding out how to beat those damn Bills and Jets for once.

I would have to disagree with this statement. I think they were definately thinking about us when they signed Wes to that rediculous offer sheet. Not only do they gain a good player, we lose one. They are kicking our *** so far this off season, I hope we can come back some with our draft picks.

I'm starting to question if winnning the off-season is that great of a task to begin with.

Hasn't it been us who have killed the Pats in the past 3 or 4 off-seasons? What did that amount to? The answer is absolutley nothing. Now I'm not saying this is neccesarily a good thing for us, but let's not overrate the off-season.

Great receivers? None of their guys have ever gone over 1000 yards and we're calling them great? Sure, they have some nice players, but they are spending big money on marginal talent. Welker was no where near worth what they gave up and Stallworth is good, but can he stay on the field? I know we'll at least split with the Patriots, I'm more worried about finding out how to beat those damn Bills and Jets for once.

"Big money on Marginal talent"

From SI's Peter King

I think as much as I praise teams for showing a little restraint, I think one team that's gone wild and has done a good job is New England ... and the Patriots aren't done. For $14.2 million in 2007 cap dollars, the Patriots bought blocking back and special-teamer Heath Evans ($720,000 cap charge for '07), versatile defender Adalius Thomas ($3.4 million), blocking tight end Kyle Brady ($2.3 million), second running back/special-teamer Sammy Morris ($1.83 million), possession wideout/return man Wes Welker ($1.7 million), special-teams captain Larry Izzo ($475,000), third guard Billy Yates ($650,000) and, on Sunday, starting wideout Donte' Stallworth ($3.1 million).
Two notes: New England's still got the 13th-most cap room left, $7.7 million. And Mike Shanahan on Kyle Brady: "He's the best blocking tight end in football.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/03/11/mmqb/4.html

Sounds to me like NE is doing alright managing their cap dollars and you being the expert you are on talent don't seem to have many people agreeing with you. I've also heard a lot of how JT gets to brady which in the past he has done a good job but you can expect he'll have to run thru Kyle Brady along with Light this season and at 6-6 280 lbs he's a load. I know what you're going to say but I think I'll believe Shanny before I do you. To Kings list of "marginal talent" you can add Stallworth and Kelly Washington.
Having filled a lot of holes thru FA NE will have the luxury of taking the best player still available with the #24 th and #28 th overall picks or whoever they want. I have to say its nice to go into the draft knowing whoever you select isn't going to be forced ready or not to produce right out of the gate. Christmas in March feels great.

Well all you Pats' fans think that Wes Welker is the best thing since sliced bread and the truth is he is just an average player. You guys gave him good money and gave us a 2nd and 7th round pick. Stallworth also got a big deal despite big time injury problems. Thomas was a good sign, but the Welker deal was down right dumb by the Pats FO.

We are going to have to be able to at least limit the amount of points the patsies put up, and I think our D will be able to do that.

It's our offense that is going to be crucial to winning the division. We are gonna have to be better than the 16.3 pts a game or whatever last year.

I wouldn't mind landry in the first, but don't you think it would be wise to load up offensively in the rest of the draft?

Didn't we beat the Pats 21-0 last year without a decent QB??? I am not worried.

:dolphins:

The problem is..now they got recievers..and our secondary is shaky...so..unless we find a way to get 2 bray EVERY SINGLE TIME (which, cmon..wont happen) we are screwed.
but again...as we saw in our last victory against pats...even late hits can shake brady up..))

please brady cracks when it comes to playing in miami .. and he buckles when there is true pressure on .. and no one sees it because there is hardly ever pressure on .. with our front 7 i think we'll continue to put him on full tilt every time we play them

Well all you Pats' fans think that Wes Welker is the best thing since sliced bread and the truth is he is just an average player.
He might have been the most productive slot receiver in the NFL last year.

Stallworth also got a big deal despite big time injury problems.
Stallworth got a one-year deal. Big time injury problems? He's missed four games in the past three years. During that time, he's played one fewer game than Joey Porter, and six more than Cory Schlessinger.

He might have been the most productive slot receiver in the NFL last year.

Stallworth got a one-year deal. Big time injury problems? He's missed four games in the past three years. During that time, he's played one fewer game than Joey Porter, and six more than Cory Schlessinger.

Thanks Gator Mike. :up: Aqua4Ever04 throws up a lot out of thin air much of which isn't fact. You are correct about Stallworth his deal is essentially 1yr $3.6 mill at this point. Welker IMO did well for a 3rd year player who played during the dolphins musical chair QB's season and still was the most productive receiver on the team. I have little doubt his production should be good with Brady tossing him the rock and a quick slot receiver will help Brady unload before a heavy rush can get there. Weather the Pats over paid or who got the best end of the trade still remains to be seen come draft day. I am a believer that finding a player even at #60 who can do all the things Welker is capable is very slim but you never can tell. We'll see what draft day brings to Miami in his place. By the way Aqua4Ever04 just for the record Welker will make $1.7 million next season not far off from the $1.3 million tender offer of the dolphins.

Our team needs to focus on winning games not particular teams. While our front office probally has not been perfect in its decisions thus far it has been doin well. They are making improvments and cutting out overpaid players. I hope to see us in the playoffs but even if we arnt we are on the road to building playoff contenders.

Thanks Gator Mike. :up: Aqua4Ever04 throws up a lot out of thin air much of which isn't fact. You are correct about Stallworth his deal is essentially 1yr $3.6 mill at this point. Welker IMO did well for a 3rd year player who played during the dolphins musical chair QB's season and still was the most productive receiver on the team. I have little doubt his production should be good with Brady tossing him the rock and a quick slot receiver will help Brady unload before a heavy rush can get there. Weather the Pats over paid or who got the best end of the trade still remains to be seen come draft day. I am a believer that finding a player even at #60 who can do all the things Welker is capable is very slim but you never can tell. We'll see what draft day brings to Miami in his place. By the way Aqua4Ever04 just for the record Welker will make $1.7 million next season not far off from the $1.3 million tender offer of the dolphins.

I'm going to ask you to keep the personal attacks to a minimum. If you would like to target me, do so in a P.M.

As for Stallworth's injury history, he missed 4 games last year so right away I know that the previous provided stats were incorrect. Donte missed a total of 9 games throughout his career. The fact is he has had an injury hold him out of at least 1 football game every year except for one in his career. He is also looking at a $6 million roster bonus after the 2007 season if the Patriots decide to hang on to him. Don't make claims at me proposing that I just make up things. Those are facts and I don't need you correcting what is already right.

And yes, Welker is just an average football player. You choose to see through that because he's on your team now. Prior to this off-season when he was on the Dolphins, all you Pats' fans viewed him as just another guy. Now he plays for the Patsies and he is a god.

Almost 40% of our 16 game schedule is made up of playing only three different teams. It absolutely makes sense to keep an eye on what your division opponents are up to, and along the same lines, to grab one of their good players in FA when you can. That's why a lot of Miami fans wanted Samuel so badly. Hurts them and helps you.

Our defense has done very well against the Pats offense, which is commendable considering they have the best QB and head coach in the game. Where we fall short is that after they score, it's questionable whether or not we will be able to match them shot for shot. Right now, we can't. We don't have the OL, QB, or skill position guys (outside of Ronnie) to get it done. By September I'm hopeful that's changed. Yes, I know we beat them last year but had it been in the playoffs it probably would have come out differently, sad to say.

Almost 40% of our 16 game schedule is made up of playing only three different teams. It absolutely makes sense to keep an eye on what your division opponents are up to, and along the same lines, to grab one of their good players in FA when you can. That's why a lot of Miami fans wanted Samuel so badly. Hurts them and helps you.

Brilliant post my friend. I feel the exact same way. Not only are we trying to position ourselves in front of them in the division, but like you said, we play 40% of our games against these teams as well. You can't lose in your division and expect to win the thing. These games essentially count as 2 when you win or lose, the other team is winning or losing as well.

Brilliant post my friend. I feel the exact same way. Not only are we trying to position ourselves in front of them in the division, but like you said, we play 40% of our games against these teams as well. You can't lose in your division and expect to win the thing. These games essentially count as 2 when you win or lose, the other team is winning or losing as well.

Thanks bro.

:ffic:

Back
Top Bottom