Fight Fire With Fire | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fight Fire With Fire

The way I see it, we have Jason Allen at safety. He was drafted in the first for a reason, and without the hip injury he could have gone higher. It's ridiculous to give up on the guy already, let's let him counteract Stallworth's deep threat.

Bell is great in run support but his coverage is shaky, so let's keep him on the bench behind Hill and Allen who can both cover but also drop the hammer on receivers coming across the middle. They should be our starting safeties, although another option is moving Hill to corner where he has played with success before.

I like Landry but I think drafting him would be a wasted pick because we really don't need him. Our secondary really isn't that bad.

I think we need to pull a Baltimore and rode our Defense and Ronnie and Ricky to the playoffs. Let's face it, we've kept a great defense intact with the same co-ordinator and we've added Joey Porter.

Brady hates playing against JT and now he has to deal with Porter too, I think we sweep NE this year.

All of these moves ensure the fact that the Pats will not win anything this year. They have won championships with little or no splashes with big signings. Now that they have made 2 or 3, they've mushed themselves.

I do not care about the Patriots. They are not thinking about us. They signed a bunch of free agents. think about it this way. If for some reason, Chambers or Booker were free agents, do you really think the Patriots would have targeted Stallworth and Welker? These "big" free agent signings (receivers) are all hype. They had NO recievers last year. The reason the patriots are good are because of Brady and Belicheck....everything else is just an after thought. Personaly, I think the signing of a 5'11 third receiver from a team that was last in the conference was laughable

Welker 5"11? Try 5"9.

Well all you Pats' fans think that Wes Welker is the best thing since sliced bread and the truth is he is just an average player. You guys gave him good money and gave us a 2nd and 7th round pick. Stallworth also got a big deal despite big time injury problems. Thomas was a good sign, but the Welker deal was down right dumb by the Pats FO.

What does that quote remind me of? Oh yeah- you and Chris Chambers. Glass houses, pot calling the kettle black, etc.

I'm going to ask you to keep the personal attacks to a minimum. If you would like to target me, do so in a P.M.

As for Stallworth's injury history, he missed 4 games last year so right away I know that the previous provided stats were incorrect. Donte missed a total of 9 games throughout his career. The fact is he has had an injury hold him out of at least 1 football game every year except for one in his career. He is also looking at a $6 million roster bonus after the 2007 season if the Patriots decide to hang on to him. Don't make claims at me proposing that I just make up things. Those are facts and I don't need you correcting what is already right.

And yes, Welker is just an average football player. You choose to see through that because he's on your team now. Prior to this off-season when he was on the Dolphins, all you Pats' fans viewed him as just another guy. Now he plays for the Patsies and he is a god.

I really don't care what Stallworth could be "looking at" Right now he has a 1 yr $3.6 million deal. The contract has many bonus options but he has not been paid those bonuses and could very well be a FA by next season. Those are the facts of his deal. Stallworth is no more injury prone than Branch was. Its my understanding that you know this so why paint the signing with the broad brush, using terms like "he got a big deal". He was actually offered more money from Tenn. but chose NE because he wanted to play with Brady.
Stallworth was all the buzz around here when Miami was looking at him and I have to believe they would have taken this deal in a heart beat. I never made the statement that I think Welker was better than sliced bread so I guess your wrong about what ALL PATS FANS think too. I'm not attacking anyone but if your going to throw things up here at least be specfic and don't try and makes things appear to be something they are not. Once again Right now the pats are on the cap for $3.6 mill and not a penny more and weather Stallworth gets the option payout remains to be seen, its not garanteed. Its my opinion that $3.6 million for this season is a cheap price to pay for a WR with his talent. I think most fans would agree.

I relate this two buying a car with a clause that states you can drive it for a year but you must make the payments and if after a year your not happy with the car for any reason bring it back and you'll not stuck paying another cent on it.

Well all you Pats' fans think that Wes Welker is the best thing since sliced bread and the truth is he is just an average player. You guys gave him good money and gave us a 2nd and 7th round pick. Stallworth also got a big deal despite big time injury problems. Thomas was a good sign, but the Welker deal was down right dumb by the Pats FO.

Welker will receive $1.7 Million this season from the Pats thats $400,000 more than his tender offer from the Dolphins. He would have cost us a 2nd rounder anyway so your bonus was a 7th rounder. I guess the $400,000 extra is the good money you speak of. So Welker your teams leading receiver wasn't worth that extra "good money" to you thats fine with me. I'm going to wait and see just how "dumb" this deal was of the Pats seeing at this time we really don't know what your team will get player wise for this trade. I would like to state though the Pats FO hasn't gotten the team to where it is today by making dumb moves so I'm going to trust in them on this one too. You are entitled to your opinion of our FO but it seems more jealousy driven than factual.

Back
Top Bottom