Final cuts thread | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Final cuts thread

We have that much dead money???

yup...its dirty work cleaning up Ireland's mess. We are still under the cap by $12m though and a playoff contender...Hickey, Tannenbaum, and Aponte are geniuses. it is an amazing feeling to have intelligent people running this team finally.

Too bad about Tebow. Such a great guy. Wish him the best. Crazy how many people just want to hate on a guy that's never done anything to be hated for. Just ignorance I guess.

Ozzy rules!!

I dont hate Tebow in the sense that I wish ill will on him, but it was nausiating hearing non stop coverage of Tebow at the height of Tebow-mania.

yup...its dirty work cleaning up Ireland's mess. We are still under the cap by $12m though and a playoff contender...Hickey, Tannenbaum, and Aponte are geniuses. it is an amazing feeling to have intelligent people running this team finally.

Let me get this straight.... We're gonna have 12 Million to roll over to next year and about 23 Million coming off our books as dead money and we're still projected to be over the cap next year??

Chase Goodbread ‏@ChaseGoodbread 11m11 minutes ago
#Falcons #Dolphins #Browns among six NFL clubs who will scout Alabama-Wisconsin tonight. 13 clubs to see Texas-ND > http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-williams-2015-debut?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cfb

Auburn vs. Louisville (in Atlanta)
Clubs attending: Atlanta Falcons, Seattle Seahawks, Tennessee Titans, New York Giants, Cleveland Browns, Dallas Cowboys, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Indianapolis Colts, New York Jets, Houston Texans, Oakland Raiders, Jacksonville Jaguars, San Francisco 49ers, St. Louis Rams, Buffalo Bills.

Three top players: Auburn (DE Carl Lawson, WR D'haquille "Duke" Williams, CB Jonathan Jones); Louisville (DE Devonte Fields, DB Josh Harvey-Clemons, LB James Burgess)

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Dan Hatman ‏@Dan_Hatman
Hated cut day. Had to be the Turk more than once. Actually had to follow (damn near car chase) a player to his apartment to get playbook...

Jason_OTC ‏@Jason_OTC
#OTC estimates for most dead money in the NFL:
1. Saints ($29.3M)
2. Dolphins ($23.5M)
3. Bucs ($21.3M)
4. Ravens ($21M)
5. Chiefs ($20M)

$13 MILLION of our dead money is on two players Wallace and Ellerbe

Field Yates ‏@FieldYates 22s22 seconds ago
Source: the Lions are releasing both QB Kellen Moore and TE Joseph Fauria.

We have that much dead money???

Name ...dead money
Mike Wallace $6,600,000
Dannell Ellerbe $6,400,000
Brian Hartline $4,200,000
Philip Wheeler $1,400,000
Brandon Gibson $1,000,000
Cortland Finnegan $1,000,000
Randy Starks $1,000,000
Brandon Fields $870,000
J.D. Walton $275,000
Shelley Smith $250,000
Nate Garner $166,668
Michael Egnew $147,239
Matt Hazel $79,350
Arthur Lynch $47,825
Don Jones $22,948
Josh Freeman $20,000
Brock Jensen $7,334
Davonte Wallace $6,667
Derrell Johnson $6,000
Tyler Larsen $4,667
Tevin Mims $3,334
Marcus Thompson $3,334
Jeff Luc $2,166
Steven Clarke $1,667
Ellis McCarthy $1,666
Ray Drew $1,666
Rantavious Wooten $1,334
Tariq Edwards $1,334
Demetrius Wright $1,334
Andrew Wilson $1,334
Nigel King $1,000
Evan Finkenberg $667
Garrison Smith $667
Mickey Baucus $666
Kamal Johnson $666
Damarr Aultman $500
Harold Hoskins $334
Michael Liedtke $333
TOTAL $23,527,700

Let me get this straight.... We're gonna have 12 Million to roll over to next year and about 23 Million coming off our books as dead money and we're still projected to be over the cap next year??

projected, but the $12m we are rolling over will but us under the cap by $6-8m. so we are in good shape for next offseason.

Any interest for Dolphins?

Would be an upgrade at #3, have a feeling he will draw interest around the league.

Darryl Slater ‏@DarrylSlater
Lions cut Joseph Fauria, per @FieldYates. Might the #Jets attempt to pick up the tight end off waivers? Jets have need at position.

I'll never understand the fascination with Tebow and I am a Gator fan.
He has over 250,000 followers predominantly from his evangelical base. He was strongly promoted as a good looking guy with great college football success who could attract young people into the faith. Many were attracted to a muscular christian leader who was a good role model and fully embraced his faith. Pity he only had a pass completion percentage of 47%.

I dont hate Tebow in the sense that I wish ill will on him, but it was nausiating hearing non stop coverage of Tebow at the height of Tebow-mania.

Fair enough. I can also understand people who don't like him as a QB but hating him as a person? It goes to show you we live in a sick ignorance society when people hate him then they turn around and priclaim jenner as some kind of hero.

Ozzy rules!!

projected, but the $12m we are rolling over will but us under the cap by $6-8m. so we are in good shape for next offseason.

Thanks for the info. Man is it nice to have a competent front office. 1 more good draft and we are gonna be a contender for years!

Rotoworld Football ‏@Rotoworld_FB 3m3 minutes ago
Geno Smith could be back sooner than expected

The New York Daily News' Manish Mehta reported "there's a growing sense" Geno Smith could return sooner than expected.
That sense grew stronger after the Jets cut Matt Flynn and Josh Johnson on Saturday, leaving just rookie Bryce Petty behind starter Ryan Fitzpatrick. Smith is unlikely to return to a starting job, but he could be fit enough for backup duty in the first month of the season.

Back
Top Bottom