Finally someone speaks the truth about Losman | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finally someone speaks the truth about Losman

byroan said:
lmao..you can't put Kelly or Bledsoe in the same sentence as Elway and Marino.

and actually...Kelly had 4 bad years.

Finfan - the whole point was that it was stupid for you to say youd rather have Fiedler than Bledsoe :roflmao:

Kelly went to 4 SB's and lost them all (he actually won one, but norwood lost it for him) ... Marino went to 1 SB and lost it ... so they both have the same SB percentage - 0%

Dan Marino made it to the SB - 5% of the years in his career. Jim Kelly made it to the SB - 44% of the years in his career.

Now Im not sure what were arguing. Are we arguing just the player? If so, then Marino has him for sure. If were asking who did more for there team? Playoffs, SB's ... etc Then definately Kelly.

'88 and '96 were bad years for Kelly and thats 2 years ... not sure where the other 2 come in??

If were arguing overall records then Kelly was 107-53 ... Marino was 141-104 ... then again Marino played 8 more years than Jim Kelly.

So Kelly's win percentage was .669 and Marino's win percentage was .576

Jim Kelly is in the HOF (1st ballot and largest crowd of all time) and Dan Marino will also be in the HOF - 1st ballot guaranteed.

So the point? They were both great QB's - you like who you like ... i was never comparing them in the previous post, but if your talking about the PLAYER then Marino is definately your man but if your talking about TEAM accomplishments then your talking about Kelly.

Its almost like comparing Peyton Manning (incredible stats, no SB) to Tom Brady (not so great stats, but 2 SB's) ... of course Brady won them but you get the point.

BTW: Peyton Manning is on pace to break ALL of Dan Marino's records 4 years before Marino set them.

DaQuix said:
BTW: Peyton Manning is on pace to break ALL of Dan Marino's records 4 years before Marino set them.

We've been over this, you're wrong. He is behind the pace set by Marino.

His totals after the number of games he has played are lower than the totals of Marino at the same point.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
We've been over this, you're wrong. He is behind the pace set by Marino.

His totals after the number of games he has played are lower than the totals of Marino at the same point.

Come on man. Even though you are a Dolphin fan, I know your somewhat smart. USE YOUR BRAIN!!

You cant just take both players first 6 years and compare them and see if someone is on pace. Marino wayed off after his first 6 years. We are saying that if Peyton stays on the same pace he is now (not waying off) he will break Marinos records 4 years before Marino set them.

Take Peyton's yards, td's, int's ... etc add them throughout his career and divide them by 6 (his number of years) .... then multiply the # by 17 (number of years Marino was in the NFL)

So if you do that (which all stations - FOX, CBC ... etc) use to say "if he stays on pace" then ...

Peyton Manning with 17 NFL Years: 70,507 yards, 476 TD's

- 6, 035 completions

Dan Marino with 17 NFL Years: 61,361 yards, 420 TD's

- 4,967 completions (1 of his records)

Again - as CBS, FOX, ONLINE ... etc say this isnt the most fair comparison because you cant forcast injuries ... etc but you cant just take the first 6 years and compare because that player can go UP or go DOWN afterwords ...

That is why most people take the average.

DaQuix said:
Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Bledsoe had a bad last season, but look before that. When he had a decent 0-line. He has had multiple 3,000 + yard seasons.

How about just a year ago (2002) where he torched Miami's "vaunted" secondary TWICE? He had 1 bad year. Marino, Elway, and Kelly all had at least 1 bad year.

Oh yeah let's look to the year before ..... And what was the billy goats record ? :spit:

I think the word that best describes the above post is (((DENIAL))) !
Queeny was done in Patsie land.. Why do YOU think YOUR billy goats got him in a trade???????????

Oh and the smack is for the Depths not here,, so control YOUR personal attacks 4 CHOKE fan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:goof:

Marino1983

Marino1983 said:
Oh yeah let's look to the year before ..... And what was the billy goats record ? :spit:

I think the word that best describes the above post is (((DENIAL))) !
Queeny was done in Patsie land.. Why do YOU think YOUR billy goats got him in a trade???????????

Oh and the smack is for the Depths not here,, so control YOUR personal attacks 4 CHOKE fan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:goof:

Marino1983

HUH? The original arugement was that he would rather have Fiedler over Bledsoe when even though Bledsoe isnt doing well he is still better than Fiedler.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
The latest buzz on local sports radio is that Losman was already ticking off his team with his 'attitude'. The rumor is that Losman has been showing up defensive players by going full speed in practice when they have to hold up to avoid hitting him. Perhaps some show boating as well.

Vincent's hit may have been a message to the rookie to knock it off.

Love it.
Yeah, I'll believe what WGR says... its all garbage.

:barf: on WGR

byroan said:
lmao..you can't put Kelly or Bledsoe in the same sentence as Elway and Marino.

and actually...Kelly had 4 bad years.
You sure can put Kelly, Marino and Elway in the same sentence.. as in Hall of Famers.

Who cares - 2nd largest crowd of all time then ...

... how many did Elway have?

DaQuix said:
Come on man. Even though you are a Dolphin fan, I know your somewhat smart. USE YOUR BRAIN!!

You cant just take both players first 6 years and compare them and see if someone is on pace. Marino wayed off after his first 6 years. We are saying that if Peyton stays on the same pace he is now (not waying off) he will break Marinos records 4 years before Marino set them.

Take Peyton's yards, td's, int's ... etc add them throughout his career and divide them by 6 (his number of years) .... then multiply the # by 17 (number of years Marino was in the NFL)

So if you do that (which all stations - FOX, CBC ... etc) use to say "if he stays on pace" then ...

Peyton Manning with 17 NFL Years: 70,507 yards, 476 TD's

- 6, 035 completions

Dan Marino with 17 NFL Years: 61,361 yards, 420 TD's

- 4,967 completions (1 of his records)

Again - as CBS, FOX, ONLINE ... etc say this isnt the most fair comparison because you cant forcast injuries ... etc but you cant just take the first 6 years and compare because that player can go UP or go DOWN afterwords ...

That is why most people take the average.

Why do you feel compelled to try to teach me math? I know what you are talking about, I just don't agree with it.

You admit that it is not the most fair comparison, yet you choose to use it anyway? Why?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Why do you feel compelled to try to teach me math? I know what you are talking about, I just don't agree with it.

You admit that it is not the most fair comparison, yet you choose to use it anyway? Why?
]

Sir - in no way was I trying to mock your intelligence - I just didnt know if you knew what I was coming from.

It is not the most fair comparison, BUT, it is the universal method used by all television, radio ... etc broadcasts, to show the "on pace" to another player.

DaQuix said:
]

Sir - in no way was I trying to mock your intelligence - I just didnt know if you knew what I was coming from.

It is not the most fair comparison, BUT, it is the universal method used by all television, radio ... etc broadcasts, to show the "on pace" to another player.

I've also seen player's statistics compared at the same point in their career.

In either case, Peyton Manning is a great QB and barring injury, he has the talent to break whichever records he sets his sights on. I personnally think Marino is the better QB, but if he plays long enough, Manning is a sure HOFer.

If Peyton Manning gets his usual 4,000 plus yards this year then he will be in the HOF ... guaranteed.

And of course your going to say Marino was better - your a Dolphins fan.

BTW: Peyton already has as many 4,000 plus yard seasons in 7 seasons as Dan Marino had in his 17 year career.

If he gets another 4,000 yard year then he will break Marino's record for that. In only 8 seasons!!

7 straight 4,000 yard years are un-heard of!!

DaQuix said:
]

The "on pace" statistic is completely and utterly useless. Kurt Warner was "on pace" to break Marino's passing yards and passing TDs in a season. Rich Gannon was "on pace" to beat those same 2 records. What happened? Well, obviously, Marino still has both records. "On pace" is a way for the idiot sports critics to find something to talk about after they've beaten everything else to death. Its as simple as that. If "on pace" is the universal method used everywhere, why doesn't is come up in contract negotiations? It doesn't come up because its fluff, nothing more......

DaQuix said:
If Peyton Manning gets his usual 4,000 plus yards this year then he will be in the HOF ... guaranteed.

And of course your going to say Marino was better - your a Dolphins fan.

BTW: Peyton already has as many 4,000 plus yard seasons in 7 seasons as Dan Marino had in his 17 year career.

If he gets another 4,000 yard year then he will break Marino's record for that. In only 8 seasons!!

7 straight 4,000 yard years are un-heard of!!

Marino still has the record for 5,000 yd seasons......

Back
Top Bottom