Fins are impressed with Mallet | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins are impressed with Mallet

Fins being impressed with Mallet sounds like the kiss of death for me. I hope I'm wrong though.

As I see it the real question is will he fall that far? I'm worried about Minnesota at 12.

Many people have mentioned Minnesota, but there is a bit of evidence suggesting they wont take him in the first round.

Before the lockout Minnesota was engaging Denver is some very heated discussion about Kyle Orton. Then one day, the talks just stopped. Very little information was released, but apparently it was very sudden and immediate. To me, and with the new information that Denver is seriously looking at quarterbacks, that suggests Denver pulled the plug and not Minnesota. You dont express interest in a player(one that you used to play against no less) if you are suddenly going to stop talks completely. Even if Denver's asking price was unreasonable, you can still bargain and haggle. To me, Elway figured out Tebow is awful and figured he must keep Orton.

Couple that with Minnesota losing Pat Williams and Ray Edwards, i see the Vikings going after a defensive lineman. Their defense relies so heavily on the line play, i think theres little chance they dont try and replace at least one of those players. They did lose Sidney Rice, but apparently they made him a contract offer(and he wanted to test free agency). Offer made and rejected, they figured they were still in good shape with Percy Harvin, Visanthe Shiancoe, and old hand Berrian.
Minnesota isnt really rebuilding(though they need to). They have made indications that they want a quick fix so they can try for another superbowl run. They didn't clean house and they have made remarks about finding "the next Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco". To some, that might mean "young qb", but i could also read it as "quick starter". The last 2 years rumors have swirled around McNabb landing there. If they kept the old offense(i really have no idea) he would fit there system better then he did in Washington.

All of this is speculation. At this time of the year, and especially with no trades or free agency, thats all it could ever hope to be. But, personally, im more worried about Tennessee then Minnesota. If Gabbert falls to 8 and Nick Fairly still hasnt been taken, i'd feel elated at our chances.

Fins being impressed with Mallet sounds like the kiss of death for me. I hope I'm wrong though.

Agreed. It almost conjures a mental picture of Ireland seeing Mallett rifle a pass, then saying to Sparano, "WOW! This guy is so going to win super bowls for a team that is not us. Let's go back to the locker room and watch Mike Pouncey eat more."

i believe i read an article months ago that ross wants to build for future and no pressure on ireland-sparano to go all the way now, not roll the dice. so drafting mallett is building the franchise. The big picture would be we have two very capable QB's with one being the franchise. then things turn for the better should mallett be marino-like.

If these guys risk their necks on Ryan Leaf....er Mallet I'll poop myself. Stay far away boys.

The Jets moved up to get Sanchez at 5. Whatever he is, he's led them to two championship games. If Mallett is available at 9, and the Dolphins wanted him, they'd move up in trade. But what could they use? They don't have a 2. How about pick #15 and next years first round pick for pick #9 and Dallas' second round draft pick for this year? And by the way, I believe Mallett will be a better QB than Sanchez.

Back
Top Bottom