Fins Draft...Interesting picks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins Draft...Interesting picks

One thing about Laron Landry- he likely would not take as long to learn the system, as dont forget where he is coming from... thats right, LSU. Thus, he is likely to have some familiarity with that guy from Tuscaloosa's system. Furthermore, if our scouting staff truly believes Landry is a sure thing and the best DB in the draft, the Fins will not hesitate to move Jason Allen permanently to corner and play Landry and Bell as the safeties.

Is Kiper going nutz or what?:confused:

C'mon Totore at least let Lost check his sources.

Mayock and Kiper are asleep now.

Lets see what they say at 4:00 pm.

Lost has the inside scoop. :D

I think Ginn Jr. is the guy we have to take. Our receivers just have not gotten it done....Ginn can break it anytime and would create nightmares for opponent's defenses. He can also be a kick/punt returner if Wes is used more as a receiver. I think we need a #1 receiver and CC aint it.

One thing about Laron Landry- he likely would not take as long to learn the system, as dont forget where he is coming from... thats right, LSU. Thus, he is likely to have some familiarity with that guy from Tuscaloosa's system. Furthermore, if our scouting staff truly believes Landry is a sure thing and the best DB in the draft, the Fins will not hesitate to move Jason Allen permanently to corner and play Landry and Bell as the safeties.

Bell is a free agent, and just because Landry gets drafted, he could play the safety spot opposite Allen(doesn't mean Allen gets moved to cb).

I think Ginn Jr. is the guy we have to take. Our receivers just have not gotten it done....Ginn can break it anytime and would create nightmares for opponent's defenses. He can also be a kick/punt returner if Wes is used more as a receiver. I think we need a #1 receiver and CC aint it.

And Ginn? a #1? He definitely "aint it" either. Atleast Chambers has the numbers to prove he has the potential to play the #1 recieving spot. Ginn is athletic and fast but its the NFL, everyone is. He outperforms players in college when hes in wide open space. In the NFL, no player is ever in wide open space. Hes a career slot reciever/punt returner who'll probably lead the league in fumbles do to his frail upper body. You want a true #1 reciever, Fins needa draft Dwayne Bowie aka Anquin Boldin. ;)

Does Kipper have a 1st round LB out there if Willis and Poz are not?

Pretend for a second that the Fins do not trade their 9th pick and at the time of the draft, they have not signed any FAs. Lets say for arguments sake, G. Adams, J. Anderson, Branch, Russel, Quinn, Thomas, Johnson, and Peterson are all off the board. Who would you like the Fins to draft with their 1st overall pick?

Using your parameters: Levi Brown, the highest rated player on the board at a critcal position.

Assuming each guy tests / measures well - either Brown or Ginn.
Not many LT's that can come right in and play.
Not many WR'S with 4.2-4.3 speed with receiving / return skills.

All other need areas can be addressed via free agency and or later rounds.

I think what a lot of people miss about Ginn is the all around effect he would have on the offense. I'm not just talking about what he can do with the ball in his hands, but how much defenses had to adjust to his speed every single game, much like Reggie Bush. I really think after watching the NC game we saw that Ginn taking pressure off of the offense had a lot to do with the entire success of OSU's offense, most notably Troy Smith.

I respect your choice of Ginn but IMO there are always a bunch of Ginn-like recievers in drafts. The type of reciever who would never be a #1 reciever but are fast as lightning, can return kicks, and really be a threat everytime they touches the ball. He doesn't have the best hands and doesn't run the best routes. That is why I suggested grabbing Higgins in later rounds bc he reminds me of Ginn and some have even said Higgins is better, just played for a smaller school. Higgins could be an under-the-rader type guy
too bad he doesnt remind anybody else of ginn. i read a post yesterday where u slammed teddy ginn and compared this guy too him. u can compare all u want but ginn is the most explosive player in the draft.

And Ginn? a #1? He definitely "aint it" either. Atleast Chambers has the numbers to prove he has the potential to play the #1 recieving spot. Ginn is athletic and fast but its the NFL, everyone is. He outperforms players in college when hes in wide open space. In the NFL, no player is ever in wide open space. Hes a career slot reciever/punt returner who'll probably lead the league in fumbles do to his frail upper body. You want a true #1 reciever, Fins needa draft Dwayne Bowie aka Anquin Boldin. ;)

r u serious? chambers was a clown last year. dwayne bowe isnt half the playmaker that ginn is.

I think J allen could go to cb anyway. Saban wanted him to be able to play safety and he can..kinda. I think he wants to be at cb.

I like some of the guys u have selected...The 2 I dont like as much are Bowe and Ginn.

Bowe and Ginn are not very good route runners ecspecially GINN and neither have the best of hands...Who ever compared Ginn to Harrison or Smith is gotta be drinking bottles of cough syrup...Harrison is the best route runner in the NFL and Smith is a top 5...They both have the speed i say the Dolphins need in a bad way but IMO are not gonna ever be #1 wrs which the dolphins need in a bad way.

The 1 thing i dont get is u got Bowe up there but no Rice fron SC.

Back
Top Bottom