Fins get an A grade for 2nd round picks, according to Reuter from NFL.com | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins get an A grade for 2nd round picks, according to Reuter from NFL.com

Well Ryan is getting better protection on his blindside in 2017 and if second half 2016 Juwan James shows up . . . He may have a top 5 bookend set in the NFL.

The key is Pouncey's health obviously . . . But the funny thing is, the pass protection wasn't even that bad last year, and dare I say somewhat good once we dumped Thomas, Turner and Douglas combined with Ryan improvising as he got more comfortable with the Gase offense? And this was with injuries all year.

In an ideal scenario we have Larsen as the active game day interior depth. . .but even still Urbik is an adequate backup and Larsen has played well as a starter.

It isn't ideal but i find it funny the priority some have placed on the OLine when we saw how bad the defense was last year. That Tannehill protection narrative fit better when the old coach and the turnstile trio was still on the team.

Didn't Gase make an adjustment on the line last year after week 5 or 6? I feel like I read an article that he stepped in and made an adjustment with them that really helped out.

Yeah, it's a bunch of "ifs", but if we get the Tunsil everybody expects, end of year Juwan James, and Poouncey stays healthy, I could play guard for us, and Tannehill will have more time to throw than he's ever had in a Fins uniform.

While I somewhat agree, I am ok with it because Gase seems confident in his ability to run this offense without top tier guards. I trust his judgement at this point.

Gase was confident he could get by With Thomas, Turner etc... Gase was wrong

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Yeah, it's a bunch of "ifs", but if we get the Tunsil everybody expects, end of year Juwan James, and Poouncey stays healthy, I could play guard for us, and Tannehill will have more time to throw than he's ever had in a Fins uniform.

There is more chance of me playing 16 games for the Dolphins next season than there is of Pouncey doing it

It's not pass protection I'm worried about. We need run blocking. Ajayi is wasted if we can't get him past the D-line...and if we can't run then the other team ends up with coverage sacks.

I think as Ryan Tannehill continues to make teams pay, that, more than anything else will open up the run game . . . Along with Pouncey's health.

We never had continuity last year and that makes it challenging . . . Yet we still finished top 10 in rushing and had the 4th leading rusher in the NFL . . . And this is with 5 **** weeks to start the season.

It can be better but I think the kick out to LT for Tunsil, the improvement of James early at RT, the second offseason and year of Healthy Bushrod at RG and Larsen being effective as a starting LG has already improved this unit.

Tankersley said he wanted to mold his game to Byron Maxwell's coming out of college -- looks the mentor/mentee relationship will work out well.

Except for the fact that Tank was brought here so we could cut Maxwell next year....other than that they might get along. I don't think Byron will be in a hurry to help Tank.

I stilll find it difficult to understand how the FO could essentially mortgage part of this draft to trade up for a superfluous wide out last season, but with several bonefide OG studs available in the 3rd, they ignore the need to prevent our franchise QB from again pissing blood. Have no problem with the selections so far.. just with their "penny wise/pound foolish" approach to the OL. Now if they can trade up high into the 4th to snare Johnson, who's sure to come off the board pretty damn quickly, I will revise this condemnation.

FWIW, this AM I read about 5 different draft grades and granted, albeit subjective, both Lamp and Feeney received A/A-'s

I stilll find it difficult to understand how the FO could essentially mortgage part of this draft to trade up for a superfluous wide out last season, but with several bonefide OG studs available in the 3rd, they ignore the need to prevent our franchise QB from again pissing blood. Have no problem with the selections so far.. just with their "penny wise/pound foolish" approach to the OL. Now if they can trade up high into the 4th to snare Johnson, who's sure to come off the board pretty damn quickly, I will revise this condemnation.

FWIW, this AM I read about 5 different draft grades and granted, albeit subjective, both Lamp and Feeney received A/A-'s

The draft isn't over.

Speaking of draft grades, this NFL site grading of the Patriots befuddles me. How can they grade them a "C" on Day 1 and "B" on Day 2 and then award them a "B+" ??

New England Patriots
Draft picks: Derek Rivers (No. 83 overall), Antonio Garcia (No. 85 overall)
Day 1 grade: C
Day 2 grade: B
Overall grade: B+
The skinny: The Patriots' first pick was the 83rd overall selection. They chose Derek Rivers from Youngstown State, an exciting pass rusher with stand-up/hand-down versatility. Troy's Antonio Garcia is a project guy who should help once Nate Solder moves on. Brandin Cooks is as good of a player as any pick they'd have found with the No. 32 pick that they traded to the Saints. However, if they don't re-sign him to a long-team deal, then giving up a first-round pick was not a wise investment.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...quicksnap-grades-for-every-team-through-day-2

Except for the fact that Tank was brought here so we could cut Maxwell next year....other than that they might get along. I don't think Byron will be in a hurry to help Tank.

Naaa, they are both Clemson alums -- he will definitely take him under his wing.

Will say it again, this draft has been what the doctor has ordered for several years.

Charles Harris - Easily the most subjective pick and rightfully so. But you cannot put a price on ability to rush the passer and Harris is as good as anybody at that out of this draft and he still has so much to learn. I completely disagree with needing a three down guy out the gate at 22 . . . At 22 the guy needs to flash elite traits and rushing the passer in the NFL probably takes a back seat to only QB management in my eyes. High character, high intensity and a great pass rusher . . . Perfect fit for our defense. He will be in a defensive line group with Cam Wake and Ndamukong Suh . . . Just be a sponge young buck and work. Really like this pick.

Raekwon McMillan - There isn't much to say here . . .fantastic pick. Ideal fit for what we have lacked at LB for years. Did not think he would be there at 54. It is ok to like this pick more than Harris, both will be major impact guys for our defense for the next 4 years +

Cordrea Tankersley - This was a crafty selection by Grier and friends. You got Maxwell coming in at 10 million next year . . So what do you do . . You draft his higher upside, more athletic, younger clone in Tankersley. Glove fit fo this defense. He may not start day 1 but give him a year with NFL coaches in a press man scheme and watching guys like Maxwell, Howard and Lippett . . . He will be a major piece for this defense.

Absolutely love this draft. Would like a FS prospect and a nickel prospect on day 3 . . . Along with defensive tackle. Obviously the right fit at guard is welcome but both guard and defensive tackle I feel like in 2017 the June free agency may open up some opportunity to get a good player for us at both positions. UDFA we can look at RB and more defensive depth.

Totally spot on. Yes we need/want a guard and a DT/SLOT/FS would be nice but our defense is much better now

Ozzy rules!!

Speaking of draft grades, this NFL site grading of the Patriots befuddles me. How can they grade them a "C" on Day 1 and "B" on Day 2 and then award them a "B+" ??

New England Patriots
Draft picks: Derek Rivers (No. 83 overall), Antonio Garcia (No. 85 overall)
Day 1 grade: C
Day 2 grade: B
Overall grade: B+
The skinny: The Patriots' first pick was the 83rd overall selection. They chose Derek Rivers from Youngstown State, an exciting pass rusher with stand-up/hand-down versatility. Troy's Antonio Garcia is a project guy who should help once Nate Solder moves on. Brandin Cooks is as good of a player as any pick they'd have found with the No. 32 pick that they traded to the Saints. However, if they don't re-sign him to a long-team deal, then giving up a first-round pick was not a wise investment.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...quicksnap-grades-for-every-team-through-day-2

They want to make everyone happy. The draft grade excluded the trade and the overall grade included the trade in the 1st round for the NO tight end.

I think as Ryan Tannehill continues to make teams pay, that, more than anything else will open up the run game . . . Along with Pouncey's health.

We never had continuity last year and that makes it challenging . . . Yet we still finished top 10 in rushing and had the 4th leading rusher in the NFL . . . And this is with 5 **** weeks to start the season.

It can be better but I think the kick out to LT for Tunsil, the improvement of James early at RT, the second offseason and year of Healthy Bushrod at RG and Larsen being effective as a starting LG has already improved this unit.

I look at the offense last year as the exact opposite...the line helped the running game, which helped Tannehill.

With no running game, I think we are back to square one with Tannehill.

We drafted all deeeeeefense!

tumblr_lj3t79ToKm1qchk28.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom