Fins Group Tix (WHAT A JOKE)!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins Group Tix (WHAT A JOKE)!!

miked713

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Over 1.5 months ago, I sent in my application for Fin group tickets for upper corner seats against the New York Jets in October, after waiting patiently for a phone call I finally get one today. They told me I am next in line and they have the # of tickets I requested 45 (for friends and family)....so I told them I would be down before the end of the day to bring them the money. They then tell me this, since it is the New York Jets game there is options I must purchase before I could get these tickets:
1)Purchase the same amount of tickets against the Cardinals in November.
2)Add $100.00 per ticket I am purchasing for a "Official" tailgate party held by the Dolphins.

After complaining all day long and asking nicely I am now without tickets for my group for that game. As a fan of the Dolphins, I find this to be a joke. I was completely disappointed today by this organization, hopefully they change there minds and give me a call back soon.

Wow. That doesn't sound too fan friendly. My guess is they can't give tickets awya to an Arizona game, and are trying to bilk you for extra money. I would save your money, rent a big screen and hit the BBQ. Also, if you were to invite me, that would be ok too. :lol:

Seriously though, that sounds bad. I am sorry bro.

That sucks bro. That's absolutely insane.

Samphin said:
Wow. That doesn't sound too fan friendly. My guess is they can't give tickets awya to an Arizona game, and are trying to bilk you for extra money. I would save your money, rent a big screen and hit the BBQ. Also, if you were to invite me, that would be ok too. :lol:

Seriously though, that sounds bad. I am sorry bro.
What angers me the most, I already had everyones money collected, how could I go and ask everyone for a ton more money for a tailgate party hosted by them, when we already had everything planned, bus, food, etc.

I really hope they change there tune and hate the fact they wait to the last minute to tell us this stuff.

they said plenty of teams do this, so i tried to contact ticket brokers, in miami, also in arizona, to see if they want those tickets, but no one does, they are worthless and the fins ticket office knows it, so they try and screw us...

Hey, what might work for you is to take this public. Get your party to do a letter writing campaign. If they all do it, and keep on them, perhaps the negative press will cause them to ease up. If you haven't purchased the tickets yet, explain to them that you will not under the current terms and that the money they would get for the group on the Jets game, is better than nothing. Perhaps contact local papers and tv stations. Honestly, I hate when big corporations like to screw the common man out of his or her hard earned money for their profit.

Samphin said:
Hey, what might work for you is to take this public. Get your party to do a letter writing campaign. If they all do it, and keep on them, perhaps the negative press will cause them to ease up. If you haven't purchased the tickets yet, explain to them that you will not under the current terms and that the money they would get for the group on the Jets game, is better than nothing. Perhaps contact local papers and tv stations. Honestly, I hate when big corporations like to screw the common man out of his or her hard earned money for their profit.
this is why I refuse to purchase season tickets because its all about the $$$ to them, and they wonder why they have a select a seat day 5 times a year. if they do not come through, there will be some contacting of every local paper, news, and radio done by myself.

What a bunch of Bull. That's like extortion.

I am sorry you are having that lind of experience. Makes it hard to feel good about the teams values when they do that.

fin-atic said:
What a bunch of Bull. That's like extortion.

I am sorry you are having that lind of experience. Makes it hard to feel good about the teams values when they do that.
seriously, i am afraid to tell my group, there going to have my head on a platter...

Are you saying you have to do both options or choose one? I talked to them a few weeks ago and the tailgate thing is new this year and it is for the following games: Steelers, Jets, Pats. I think it is ridiculous as well. They are charging $40 more than the game ticket costs for an off-site tailgate party!?!?! I would rather see them charge more for the ticket like Dolfan Travel does ($20 more for a premium game). You may be dead set on the Jets game, but the Titans game is the deal. Tix are dropped to $40 for the game and no tailgate party is required.

That stinks. It's really lucky that football is such a great product, because they stink at selling it. No body mentions that they force season ticket holders to pay full price for exhibition games as well or that they charge you $20 to park.

I got a high def TV, the beer is cheap and the parking is free :)

phintastic said:
Are you saying you have to do both options or choose one? I talked to them a few weeks ago and the tailgate thing is new this year and it is for the following games: Steelers, Jets, Pats. I think it is ridiculous as well. They are charging $40 more than the game ticket costs for an off-site tailgate party!?!?! I would rather see them charge more for the ticket like Dolfan Travel does ($20 more for a premium game). You may be dead set on the Jets game, but the Titans game is the deal. Tix are dropped to $40 for the game and no tailgate party is required.
we have to do one or the other, seriously the party is at calder, we want to tailgate at the stadium, not at calder...

yeah and they are only doing this for 3 games, its a joke...im so angry it completely ruined my day.

Back
Top Bottom