Fins Group Tix (WHAT A JOKE)!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins Group Tix (WHAT A JOKE)!!

Mike, I feel your pain, but Zod makes some good points. Plus, I had no idea that the Phins are only asking $40 for those Cards tix. That is a deal. You can go to the Jets games with some decent seats for under $100 each and a shot at getting $40 back. I can't feel sorry for you in that situation.

I think you could unload a lot of those Cards tix anyway because they will still be cheaper for fans than they would be to buy them from TicketMaster King of Convenience and Handling Charges. Or, you could donate them to charity and each member of your group could write it off their taxes. Twan's Foundation would probably gladly take them. They work with financially disadvantaged kids that would love to go that Cards game. You're talking $40. I can't imagine letting $40 a head keep me from taking a group of 45 to see one of the best games of the year.

The Jets game is the biggest game of the year in Miami every single year. The town is full of transients from NY who go to the game; and I'm guessing it's a great road trip from NY to Miami. Heck, I think it is a great road trip from just about anywhere. The Steelers game is a premium game also because of the history between the two teams. The Patriots Monday Nighter is clearly a premium game because it may mean the Division and they are the Super Bowl Champs.

In defense of the Phins ticket office -- they can't honor everyone's requests or we'd all be getting individual tickets on the lower level 50 yard line home side to the games of our choice. If the Phins didn't do what they are now doing you'd probably not even have a shot at those Jets tickets because brokers would have gobbled them up.

Believe me, those tickets will be gone very soon. You better get them while you have a chance IMO.

Lastly, there is a pre-sale for season ticket holders before they go on sale to the public. You need a password though. I may could help you with that, but I'd pull the trigger on the Jets-Cards deal if I were in your shoes. Just my two cents.

Why would you (the owner of a business) sell 45 tickets to one individual to your best presentation of the year at the same cost as every other presentation?

Why would you allow a non season ticket holder to purchase individual game tickets prior to individual ticket sales while you advertise this as a benefit to a season ticket holder?

Finally, why would you sell 45 individual game tickets to one person rather than reserve 45 more opportunities to greet and please more customers with the knowledge from past experience that the game will sell out?

It's bad business especially considering that these seats that will cost the individual 25 bucks a piece are selling already on ebay for 56 bucks a piece at auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16122&item=2241367241&rd=1

27_1_bJPG-1.jpg

ZOD said:
Why would you (the owner of a business) sell 45 tickets to one individual to your best presentation of the year at the same cost as every other presentation?

Why would you allow a non season ticket holder to purchase individual game tickets prior to individual ticket sales while you advertise this as a benefit to a season ticket holder?

Finally, why would you sell 45 individual game tickets to one person rather than reserve 45 more opportunities to greet and please more customers with the knowledge from past experience that the game will sell out?

It's bad business especially considering that these seats that will cost the individual 25 bucks a piece are selling already on ebay for 56 bucks a piece at auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16122&item=2241367241&rd=1

27_1_bJPG-1.jpg

I agree.
My initial reaction was pretty negative to this story but, really, this policy makes sense. Actually, upon further thinking I'd really like to see them stop selling group tix completely like other teams have. With the amount of tix these lousy brokers buy up every year along with the amount of visiting team fans that purchase these group tix, this practice seems more of a negative than a positive.

ZOD said:

27_1_bJPG-1.jpg

But Zod, it isn't like he is buying 50 tickets together and lounging out there by himself. He is bringing 49 other people, so that blows your meet and greet 49 other customers thoery. He is bringing 49 other paying customers with him!

Also, while I am sure the Jets game will sell out, with or without Mike's contribution to Wayne Huizenga, why wouldn't you guarentee yourself at least fifty people for the game? Makes perfect sense to me. I understand the point about offering those types of deals to seaosn ticket holders first, but they shouldn't have ever called them back if that was their intention, therefore, that theory is gone as well. Remember they called him back to sell him tickets.

Also, who is to say that Mike wouldn't have been so impressed with the ease in which he got his tickets that he would continue to buy group seating in the future, maybe to a game that wouldn't normally sell out? It seems to me that Miami may have screwed itself out of a mutually beneficial relationship.

I'd be pissed too, but honestly your group can't get mad at YOU for it. Not your fault they pulled this crap. Their about to have 45 angry fans on their hands.

If your group gives you trouble tell them Phinzone has your back :) That'll make 'em back off.

Samphin said:
But Zod, it isn't like he is buying 50 tickets together and lounging out there by himself. He is bringing 49 other people, so that blows your meet and greet 49 other customers thoery. He is bringing 49 other paying customers with him!

No, not really. Who made the phone call? One person

That person is who the sales arm of the Dolphins will deal with. That's it.

Chances are it's still a mystery to 45 other people as to the when and where the tickets were acquired. It might even be a mystery as to what the tickets actually cost for regular price or on a seasonal basis.

Either way you as an organization lost 45 opportunities to have someone from your sales department converse with an individual.

Face it, the upper endzone represent a "loss leader". It's the .99 cent menu at Wendy's.

It's the house in the new neighborhood advertised at in the 140's. Yea, that one house is 149,500 and the average price for the rest of the neighborhood is 180,000.

It's the Chevy Cavalier.

It's the Ford Focus.

It's what get you in the door.

I mean really......Did the upper endzone seats cost less to build or something? :lol:

ZOD said:
No, not really. Who made the phone call? One person

That person is who the sales arm of the Dolphins will deal with. That's it.

Chances are it's still a mystery to 45 other people as to the when and where the tickets were acquired. It might even be a mystery as to what the tickets actually cost for regular price or on a seasonal basis.

Either way you as an organization lost 45 opportunities to have someone from your sales department converse with an individual.

Face it, the upper endzone represent a "loss leader". It's the .99 cent menu at Wendy's.

It's the house in the new neighborhood advertised at in the 140's. Yea, that one house is 149,500 and the average price for the rest of the neighborhood is 180,000.

It's the Chevy Cavalier.

It's the Ford Focus.

It's what get you in the door.

I mean really......Did the upper endzone seats cost less to build or something? :lol:

Don't take offense dude, but WTF are you talking about? :lol: I wholeheartedly disagree with your point. Fact is, whoever that one sales perosn talked to, is now responsible for losing 45-50 potential customers. It is going to take that person a while to make that up. Of course, that is using your method that multiple little leads are more valuable than one lead that touches 50 prospective clients.

Also, I don't know where you buy your house, but out here in California, if you bring 180,000 for a house, you better find a way to triple your money and then you will have a fighting chance. You laugh, but it is reality. I am flat broke after buying my house in Feburary, and I haven't even moved in yet! :lol: :cry: :shakeno:

miked713 said:
I have 49 people plus myself buying tickets I am not coming up with another $40.00 per person to give into them and there needs. How can I sell these tickets on ebay when they will be available up until gameday because it will not sell out. The tailgate plus ticket = 150! that is obsurd man.

Now were going to have to buy single game tix when they go on sale and hope were near each other, which sucks.

Everyone should call 888-Fins-Tix and tell them they heard what there doing to fans and how much it sucks, maybe they'll have a heart.

Maybe you can look into donating the Cards tix to charity and taking the tax deduction. If it's going to be that much of a dog game and they won't give the tix early, this might be your only option.

i wouldnt mind doing the charity thing but convincing everyone else might be a problem seeing how angry everyone will be once i let them know the deal, ill probably just end up getting tix in june/july when they go on sale..thanks for the ideas and feedback guys...:D

phintastic said:
The Jets game is the biggest game of the year in Miami every single year. The town is full of transients from NY who go to the game; and I'm guessing it's a great road trip from NY to Miami.

I think this is the biggest reason the team has this policy and personally, I don't see anything wrong with it.

It's no different than hockey teams blocking orders from out of town phone numbers and the internet for playoff games or baseball teams charging more for games against the Yankees or Giants (Bonds). It's just a part of the business.

calmlikeabomb said:
I think this is the biggest reason the team has this policy and personally, I don't see anything wrong with it.

It's no different than hockey teams blocking orders from out of town phone numbers and the internet for playoff games or baseball teams charging more for games against the Yankees or Giants (Bonds). It's just a part of the business.

The FL Marlins do not UP there ticket prices when the Giants come down here, they are the same ALL season long no matter what team comes to town along with the rest of the teams in MLB baseball, whatever your talking about is completely wrong.

When the Yanks were down here for interleague play a few years back tix where the same prices as they were for the Expo games...

miked713 said:
The FL Marlins do not UP there ticket prices when the Giants come down here, they are the same ALL season long no matter what team comes to town along with the rest of the teams in MLB baseball, whatever your talking about is completely wrong.

When the Yanks were down here for interleague play a few years back tix where the same prices as they were for the Expo games...

The Marlins couldn't afford to have this policy when their attendance figures were around 15,000 per game. We'll see what happens when they start filling the stadium and they move into their own stadium.

There are MANY MLB teams using sliding ticket prices these days and the number of teams using them keeps growing every year.

calmlikeabomb said:
The Marlins couldn't afford to have this policy when their attendance figures were around 15,000 per game. We'll see what happens when they start filling the stadium and they move into their own stadium.

There are MANY MLB teams using sliding ticket prices these days and the number of teams using them keeps growing every year.
there going to have there own problems especially if it is in coral gables, it is hard enough to pack the house and stadium is not far from broward county, deeper into miami, for people on weeknights will not fly....why they are not putting the stadium in broward is a whole diff. story...

Everybody makes good points here, but being involved in buying tickets for years and also considering doing the group thing, I think I have some inside insight.

The Dolphins don't care if you buy those tix or not. That game is a layup for a sell out. As a matter of fact, they will make more money if you or some other group doesn't buy the tix. They are offering you a group discount.

I think you should tell the group that is going to cost an extra $40 to go to the game. I think you might be surprised at their reaction. It's $40 and you have a shot at getting some of it back by selling the Cards tix, or making some kids day by giving it to charity. $40 a head is keeping you from taking 45 people to the Phins vs. Jets game? By the time you pay Ticketmaster, and take the time to buy from them (not to mention the worrying about it until they go on sale), you will have spent more than $40 a head. Time is money.

Let me give you Dolfan Travel's cost to go to a game:

2 nights hotel
Transfers to and from game
Lower endzone ticket
****tail reception with player TBD (probably a 3rd stringer)

You get all of that for $440 per person for the Jets game, or $880 a couple. I guarantee you they marked up their tickets as well as everything else in the package.

I'd take those upper corners for $100 each and like it. It's a steal for the Jets game.

Back
Top Bottom