Fins Group Tix (WHAT A JOKE)!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins Group Tix (WHAT A JOKE)!!

That's really pathetic. You should definitely try to contact media outlets and tell them about this. I don't know if they have this down in Miami, but up here in NYC on the local news for channels like FOX and CBS they have a segment where they help people with similar problems to yours and try to get it resolved. If they have that down there, you should definitely try. It sucks that the Fins organization is screwing the fans by doing something like that.

Well, it's hard to blame them for not trying to capitalize on the premium games. I think the new rule is more of a mechanism to keep scalpers from buying up all the group tix. Good intention with bad results for some folks.

Why not go ahead and just buy the Cards tix? You would still get to go to the Jets game for $120 (?) or so, and you can try to sell the Cards tix on ebay. Or, pay for the tailgate and use the Phins Ticket Office for a ride, lunch, booze/soda, and then you could walk (.07 miles) to the stadium for the majority of your tailgate? Or, get a few folks from your group to buy tix when they go on sale to the public. You could probably get upper sidelines. Just some ideas.

After all the bad PR stuff that's gone on with this team this year, you'd think that they'd give the fans a break!!! I'm always very positive about this team, but they're really starting to turn me off with all the stuff that's gone on that last few years and of course this off-season has been one bad thing after the other. Now to hear they're trying to do something like this is not good at all. I hope the FO does something about it.

Ozzy rules!!

phintastic said:
Well, it's hard to blame them for not trying to capitalize on the premium games. I think the new rule is more of a mechanism to keep scalpers from buying up all the group tix. Good intention with bad results for some folks.

Why not go ahead and just buy the Cards tix? You would still get to go to the Jets game for $120 (?) or so, and you can try to sell the Cards tix on ebay. Or, pay for the tailgate and use the Phins Ticket Office for a ride, lunch, booze/soda, and then you could walk (.07 miles) to the stadium for the majority of your tailgate? Or, get a few folks from your group to buy tix when they go on sale to the public. You could probably get upper sidelines. Just some ideas.
I have 49 people plus myself buying tickets I am not coming up with another $40.00 per person to give into them and there needs. How can I sell these tickets on ebay when they will be available up until gameday because it will not sell out. The tailgate plus ticket = 150! that is obsurd man.

Now were going to have to buy single game tix when they go on sale and hope were near each other, which sucks.

Everyone should call 888-Fins-Tix and tell them they heard what there doing to fans and how much it sucks, maybe they'll have a heart.

Uh...

The Jets game will be sold out on the first day that individual tickets go on sale. For that matter the Jets, Patriots, and any monday night game will be sold out the first day.

And those upper corners for the Jets game will be scalped on Ebay for a premium dollar such as double their face value.

To be honest I don't see anything wrong with the Dolphins actions.

A) you are not a season ticket holder
B) you are "cherry picking" a game that they don't really need YOU for.

It's not nice but it's the truth.

ZOD said:
Uh...

The Jets game will be sold out on the first day that individual tickets go on sale. For that matter the Jets, Patriots, and any monday night game will be sold out the first day.

And those upper corners for the Jets game will be scalped on Ebay for a premium dollar such as double their face value.

To be honest I don't see anything wrong with the Dolphins actions.

A) you are not a season ticket holder
B) you are "cherry picking" a game that they don't really need YOU for.

It's not nice but it's the truth.
its not like im askin for 8 tickets man, im asking for 50 together, and why would i want to own season tickets after seeing there level of service to the fans...i doubt i am cherry picking considering it is a huge game week 3 and it is by far one of the best to attend...

49 people?

*sniff,sniff*

<----------------------smells a Jets fan............

ZOD said:
49 people?

*sniff,sniff*

<----------------------smells a Jets fan............

:roflmao: id rather buy the cardinal tickets

i must be a yankee fan also when i buy those group tickets for the marlins every year...lol

miked713 said:
its not like im askin for 8 tickets man, im asking for 50 together, and why would i want to own season tickets after seeing there level of service to the fans...i doubt i am cherry picking considering it is a huge game week 3 and it is by far one of the best to attend...

No doubt about it. It's cherry pickin'. This is one of the top five rivalries in all of the NFL.

ZOD said:
No doubt about it. It's cherry pickin'. This is one of the top five rivalries in all of the NFL.
glad were on the same team here man....explain to me why...

there doing the same EXACT thing for the Steeler game...

Your not breaking news here pal, I along with everyone here knows the game is sold-out usually on the 1st Saturday they sell tickets to the public and brokers get top dollar for the game (Jets). Regardless what there doing is still ridiculous and I think it completely sucks, I am a fan and I am being forced to buy something I do not need in order to get what I want. I'll just have to wait till June/July when they put them on sale to everyone else....

miked713 said:
I am a fan and I am being forced to buy something I do not need in order to get what I want. I'll just have to wait till June/July when they put them on sale to everyone else....

Exactly.

Because this is the NFL and that stands for Not For Long the way you want to buy tickets.

:lol:

ZOD said:
Exactly.

Because this is the NFL and that stands for Not For Long the way you want to buy tickets.

:lol:
Glad its a joke to you. :rolleyes:

Calm down man. :D

In all seriousness here there is an option for you. What you are looking for is a benefit for season ticket holders. So here is an idea.

Buy a pair of season tickets. Heck, they don't have to be the best tickets around. Buy some in the upper endzones as low as $250 (estimate) a ticket. Sell the damn things on Ebay for what you paid on an individual game basis. You may lose a couple of dollars but you can absorb that in the ticket cost for your group.

After purchasing the season tickets call back with your order. There still is no guarantee that you will receive 50 tickets because to be quite honest they probably think you are a scalper. None the less you will at least have the option to buy "extra" single game tickets prior to the first day of individual game ticket sales.

That's who they want to serve-The season ticket holder.

miked713 said:
Over 1.5 months ago, I sent in my application for Fin group tickets for upper corner seats against the New York Jets in October, after waiting patiently for a phone call I finally get one today. They told me I am next in line and they have the # of tickets I requested 45 (for friends and family)....so I told them I would be down before the end of the day to bring them the money. They then tell me this, since it is the New York Jets game there is options I must purchase before I could get these tickets:
1)Purchase the same amount of tickets against the Cardinals in November.
2)Add $100.00 per ticket I am purchasing for a "Official" tailgate party held by the Dolphins.

After complaining all day long and asking nicely I am now without tickets for my group for that game. As a fan of the Dolphins, I find this to be a joke. I was completely disappointed today by this organization, hopefully they change there minds and give me a call back soon.

Wow!
It really dissapoints me to hear this type of stuff.
The Fins should just be happy that Dolphin fans are buying the tickets and not a group of 45 Jet fans. Actually they should just be happy to be selling the tix.

This may be a way of keeping Visiting teams fans from buying group tix however. Actually, come to think of it, many teams don't even offer group season tix to keep visiting teams fans to a minimum and ticket brokers from cornering the market for games.

Heck maybe this is a practice they developed after watching hordes of Eagles fans all sitting together and throwing full beer bottles onto Phin fans below.......

Come to think of it, while it may suck for real Phin fans looking to purchase group tix, the above examples make great arguments for why the Phins would make such a policy.....

Back
Top Bottom