Fins interview DL coach Kris Kocurek - now hired | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins interview DL coach Kris Kocurek - now hired

Interesting article:

Kris Kocurek's coaching offers a reason for optimism despite injuries on Lions defense

https://theathletic.com/90761/2017/...r-optimism-despite-injuries-on-lions-defense/

Kris Kocurek became the Lions defensive line coach in 2010 and in his time with the Lions, the team ranks fourth in sacks by a defensive line with 222. It also ranks second in tackles for loss by a defensive line (344), first in quarterback hits (544), and second in forced fumbles (53). These numbers highlight Kocurek’s ability to coach, teach and motivate.

What if it's not the personnel, but instead the man coaching it?

Anyone that’s ever witnessed him at practice understands the intensity he brings — he's in the faces of his linemen, hat on backward, barking at the players. He has the ideal mix: Respect from the players along with an ability to teach the technical aspect of the position.

That seemed like a really positive article, something we could get excited about. Of course in the comment section of the article I found this;

“Charles L.
Sep 3, 5:22pm

BS. Preseason is over and the Lions DE/DL still sucks.”

I couldn’t help but laugh that I guess most fans are the same, we hate what we have and love what we don’t.

Oh, I'm really liking this. It's not Schwartz but one of his protégés, I'll take it. He comes back to Suh and brings the nasty attitude. Sign him up today!

He sounds terrific and like a great fit.

We have some young talent with potential. The right coach has some pieces he can mold. I thought Godchaux showed nice promise early in the year and faded, perhaps due to the rookie wall. Phillips has talent. Vincent Taylor actually may be underrated. He looks strong to me.

Back
Top Bottom