Fins making a move for Brady Quinn | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins making a move for Brady Quinn

Ummm............how many rings did Marino get us, zero. Why is that ? We shouldn't waste picks to get Quinn. When we get someone like Stanton in second, and give him a year or 2 to learn the system. FYI just because we draft Quinn it doesn't garuantee his sucess.

Quinn is lightyears ahead Stanton. Don't just assume because we can get him later that it is a better pick. Quinn is a special talent and we should do anything necessary to sure up the one position that has single handedly killed us the past 6 years.

Please remember that this is a friendly discussion. Any further use of caps to denote yelling will earn you some warning points. Thanks for your cooperation.

Ummm............how many rings did Marino get us, zero. Why is that ? We shouldn't waste picks to get Quinn. When we get someone like Stanton in second, and give him a year or 2 to learn the system. FYI just because we draft Quinn it doesn't garuantee his sucess.
But it garuantees that Cameron has faith that he will suceed. Faith he doesn't show in Culpepper. Theres no garuantee that Stanton will be there in the 2nd.

I think we should do whatever it takes to move up and draft Quinn. Even if it means trading our entire draft and next year's #1. When you really analyze it, we're only one rookie Quarterback away from going to the Super Bowl.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Personally I'd rather see Miami have to search and scour for a LG because they gave up that second second rounder then have to search and scour for a QB because they got a guard.

1- Quinn sounds better than 1- Ted Ginn Jr.
2- McCauley 2- McCauley
2- Satele
Then a trade down to 3- Edwards
4- Higgins
4- Higgins
4- Datish
5- Julius Wilson

There are a lot of different opinions regarding Quinn and the QB position. There have been a lot of good points made, both for and again'st trading up for him. I know how important picks are for adding players that are both needed now and needed in the future.
The one constant through all of the coaches, GMs and changes we have gone through is the lack of a good consistant QB. I can't say an effort hasn't been made to bring in a QB to fill the need but it always seems like we just can't get it done. We have tried to bring in other teams backups or a quarterback who once had success with no results. We have even drafted QBs in later rounds but just can't find that one quarterback who we can hitch our hopes on. We are so desperate for a quarterback that we even pin our hopes on a once successfull, former Pro-Bowl quarterback, recovering from a very serious knee injury who may never be the same.
The one thing we haven't tried is drafting a premier quarterback in the first round. It worked once with a 27th pick in the first round. Maybe its time we tried it again.

Everyone is either for or against trading up for Quinn. It sounds like this is the guy Miami really wants and for once its for a QB. Now im not big on Quinn, id rather have Stanton, but if we get Quinn, i am willing to give him a shot to prove himself.

So we may have trade up to get him. If so, then good. Now im not big on trading up, but if this is the guy Miami really wants, then do it. Why does it seem every other team trades up and gets the players they want except for us. For once, lets do it. Dont sit back and hope he falls to you, if you want him, then get him. We all know we need a franchise QB, and OL help and other positions, but if Quinn is on top of the Fins list, then trade up and get him. Yeah we need our draft picks, but its not like we only 2 picks this year. If this Wilkonson deal falls through, we only have 8 picks instead of 9. If we trade up we will most likely lose our #9, #40 and possibly a later pick. So even thats the case, thats 3 less and still leaves us with 5. Now of course i would like more than 5, but everyone makes it seem that we will have 1 or 2 draft picks this year. We can still get 5 quality players with those picks.

I am all for drafting a QB, thats my 1 main thing for this draft. If that means trading up to get him, then so be it. Im tired of seeing other teams make moves to get the guy they want, now its time for us to do it. CC has cleaned house with players, we have a few new coaches, and this draft is another part of the future of the Dolphins. For once lets make a move and get the player we want.

I sort of feel the same way. I am tired of hearing about talk of drafting at positions we are either stacked at or depth in the draft at the position. QB's are everything and I think Quinn is a stud enough to become great with a good work ethic and smarts. He has all the tools. If it means trading up to get him for our franchise QB, then that ? is solved for quite some time.

Quinn is lightyears ahead Stanton. Don't just assume because we can get him later that it is a better pick. Quinn is a special talent and we should do anything necessary to sure up the one position that has single handedly killed us the past 6 years.

A special talent who has never done anything spactacular. What are his special talents if you dont mind elaborating ?

A special talent who has never done anything spactacular. What are his special talents if you dont mind elaborating ?

Weis raves about him and Weis is a pretty good judge of QB talent. Weis runs a pro-style offense so Quinn is NFL ready and wont have to learn as much to adapt to the pro game.

Watch this and you be the judge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJgmeEH1lrE

In his slight defense, I think he's worried about how much longer our defense will be good for and thinks we can win this year. I too think we can win this year and do so even by drafting Quinn. Keep Culpepper or go get Green but still draft Quinn. Let the vet QB try to get it done this year and do just like the Broncos did. If Culpepper/Green struggles, go to Quinn. But I agree with you man, we have to draft Quinn.

well either way to be honest, our D is onlyh old at the D line and somehwat LB if u include JT in that LB core. other then that, we are screwed b/c our heart and soul (no not ZT or JT but the entire VET group on D) are in the mid 30's at least. We need a lot of help and drafting all needs this year for age reasons then a QB 3 yrs from now will put us behind 3 yrs. a LB can come and shine right a way a QB is hard to do. So u get a QB now, give it 3 yrs to groom into a Vet and within those 3 yrs u have all those picks to go and replace players to play RIGHT off the bat. See how that works? I woudl do it that way.

Without Marino many of those teams would have been lucky to go 8-8. They had no running game and an average to below average defense.
A good QB can compensate for other deficiencies on your team. It is also uncommon to be in a position to grab a franchise QB. The Phins are within striking distance to get Quinn.
I am placing my trust in Mueller and Cameron. I'm sure they have scrutinized the top QB's in this draft in much greater detail than a poster on this site.

He bright and a quick study. According to Weiss he learned his playbook with no problems.
He's an accurate passer and a better athlete than he gets credit for. What did Peyton Manning, Tom Brady do that was spectacular in college.

I think we should do whatever it takes to move up and draft Quinn. Even if it means trading our entire draft and next year's #1. When you really analyze it, we're only one rookie Quarterback away from going to the Super Bowl.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

One has nothing to do with the other. You must be laughing at your own post.
Quinn would represent a long term investment. It is much harder to find a franchise QB than it is to find any other position on a team.
Name me one position the Phins could draft that would make them a SB contender. :rolleyes2

Back
Top Bottom