Fins making a move for Brady Quinn | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins making a move for Brady Quinn

Nice. I agree 100%. Green did make a lot out of nothing. I'm hoping our 07 QB depth chart looks like:

Green/Quinn/Lemon.

I HATE to see Culpepper leave without a chance but if our coach (who is really good with QB's) doesn't like what he sees with Culpepper, then we should let him go instead of holding back the team for another year. I would trade our 1st, 2nd, and maybe a 2008 3rd or 4th for Quinn. This guy is that good. He's got heart and has winner written all over him.

Exactly.

Though I would be willing to bump that 3rd next year to 2nd.

#9, our 1st 2nd then a 2nd next year and a 2nd day pick either year.

I understand that is alot to give up, but we would still have a pick in every round other then the 5th. Plus we do still have tradable guys i.e. Culpepper, Booker, Mare, Yeremiah bell. Alone I don't really see any of them bringing us any value. But they could work in a package

Let's say A guy like Gonzalez or Griffin fall to Atlanta's pick in the 2nd. We could always offer our 3rd and Booker, or let's say we can offer our 3rd and Bell for the Jags 2nd and 4th or 5th. Those teams are both needing a Safety and a WR. The point would be to get younger with a WR like Gonzalez or Rice.

You just never know who will fall nd keep falling. Someone with off the field issues tht might be worth the chance i.e. Will Poole. If that guy could hve only stayed healthy. And he fell to the 4th. Didn't work out for us, but it ws worth the risk.

I am also never opposed to trading plyers or picks for next year picks as you can normally get 1 round higher then this year. Especially since we pick high in each round.

To much to give up!
As for Daunte...He's been hurt for 17 or so months so what can you get for him...didley squat
As for Mare teams just have to wait knowing were not going to pay both kickers millions of dollars and eventualy get Mare for nothing!
Bell...cant trade what you dont own
Booker...Is the only player in your group with any value but I'm sorry to say
you won't get very much for him

As I was finishing up some minor details on an assignment for a legal writing class, I was listening to Fox radio. At 4:18AM, I heard Jorge Sedano say that through 'hushes and whispers' he has heard that Dolphins are trying hard to put together a package to move up and grab Brady Quinn.

He also mentioned that they are shopping Olindo Mare for a 6th round pick

Thoughts?

I don't like the Quinn part. But I like the Mare part. :shakeno:

Would like Quinn, but not at the price of trading up . . . would rather groom Stanton and still keep my first rounder and not give up anything.

I agree 100%. Now that the Dolphins FINALLY have a full compliment of picks, I would just HATE to see us trade them away for a QB that may or may not make it on the NFL level. I would rather stay put, take Quinn if he falls to 9, or take someone else later if he doesn't fall to 9 (I personally think that Smith would fit Cam's system and would likely be available in the third or fourth round).

GO PHINS~!

I just don't see it happening......if we get him he'd have to give up the farm and I don't see Muler doing that.

Ozzy rules!!

I dont know about the farm, but next years #1 might do the trick with one of our seconds. If they feel the guy is the Franchise, they will do it. And its about time we drafted a QB.

Anybody who thinks we have any chance of winning the Super Bowl next year needs to step back and look at the poor shape we're in on offense. Yes, we may be relatively solid, yet old, on defense, but Calvin Johnson alone isn't going to make us Super Bowl contenders on offense next year.

We're nuts to pass on Quinn if the Redskins agree to take our top two picks in exchange for the sixth overall pick. I wouldn't give up the farm for Quinn, or anybody for that matter, but he's certainly worth our top two picks, and possibly a pick in next year's draft too. I'm still upset that we didn't move up to get Leinart last year. I don't want to see us pass on Brady Quinn this year if the opportunity presents itself...

I would love to see a QB don the aqua and orange and perform at a high level for 12-15 years. Wouldn't you?

[Blitz] Anybody who thinks we have any chance of winning the Super Bowl next year needs to step back and look at the poor shape we're in on offense. Yes, we may be relatively solid, yet old, on defense, but Calvin Johnson alone isn't going to make us Super Bowl contenders on offense next year.

We're nuts to pass on Quinn if the Redskins agree to take our top two picks in exchange for the sixth overall pick. I wouldn't give up the farm for Quinn, or anybody for that matter, but he's certainly worth our top two picks, and possibly a pick in next year's draft too. I'm still upset that we didn't move up to get Leinart last year. I don't want to see us pass on Brady Quinn this year if the opportunity presents itself...

I would love to see a QB don the aqua and orange and perform at a high level for 12-15 years. Wouldn't you?

I agree. Our offense is going to need a year or two to gel most likely. But hell, look at the saints of last year. You just never know. A new coach can bring a whole new attitude to the team.

Also, I think that Quinn is going to be alot better of a pro then Leinart is. Leinart isnt getting the best rep out here in Zona from the cards. Lot of the team doesnt like his attitude supposedly.

Quinn and the draft

Listen...I have read info and opinions on the draft for 3 months now. "D-Line is too old...draft Branch or a DE". "The secondary needs help...draft Hall or Landry". "We need a Left tackle...draft Brown". These are all legitimate opinions...however, we Dolphin fans must keep in mind:

1. We ARE NOT going to fix this team with ONE draft.
2. If nothing else is obvious about this off-season one thing is...Cam and
Mueller DO NOT have much confidence in C-Pep.
3. This may be the Dolphins last chance (and best chance) to add what I
think is the 2nd or 3rd best player in the draft and THE BEST QB in this
draft...Brady Quinn.
4. Although "giving up the farm" to get him would be ridiculous giving up a
1st and one of our seconds is not.

I would not be suprised if Oakland takes Johnson and we trade up with Tampa Bay to grab Quinn. I also would not be shocked to see Culpepper delt on draft day to move up or just to obtain another pick...This is going to be a very exciting draft. I just hope I DON'T waist my whole day only to hear..."with the 9th selection in the first round the Miami Dolphins select....Jamar Fletcher! :fire:

Listen...I have read info and opinions on the draft for 3 months now. "D-Line is too old...draft Branch or a DE". "The secondary needs help...draft Hall or Landry". "We need a Left tackle...draft Brown". These are all legitimate opinions...however, we Dolphin fans must keep in mind:

draft...Brady Quinn.

I would not be suprised if Oakland takes Johnson and we trade up with Tampa Bay to grab Quinn. I also would not be shocked to see Culpepper delt on draft day to move up or just to obtain another pick...This is going to be a very exciting draft. I just hope I DON'T waist my whole day only to hear..."with the 9th selection in the first round the Miami Dolphins select....Jamar Fletcher! :fire:

I agree. Miami needs to make a move for a franchise QB. Quinn seems the logical fit for Cam's offense.

As I was finishing up some minor details on an assignment for a legal writing class, I was listening to Fox radio. At 4:18AM, I heard Jorge Sedano say that through 'hushes and whispers' he has heard that Dolphins are trying hard to put together a package to move up and grab Brady Quinn.

He also mentioned that they are shopping Olindo Mare for a 6th round pick

Thoughts?

If the Brady Quinn move up is a fair move and we do get something in return for Mare, I would anoint Randy Mueller as Exalted Genius God of the NFL.

draft...Brady Quinn.

Bringing back BAD memories man. Drew Brees is the guy I wanted MONTHS before the draft. I didn't think he'd be there but then he was and I was sure he was a lock, I was already standing up getting ready for a huge fist pump and maybe a little "jump of joy" that we finally get a franchise QB since Marino's departure. However, when JAMAR FLETCHER was called, that would be fist pump turned into a "break the drywall" wall punch.

Then Drew Brees went on to a few pro bowls (so far, I'm sure more are coming) with two DIFFERENT teams, showing it wasn't just LT and Gates making him look good, and Jamaer Fletcher never made it past our nickle corner. Is he even still in the league?

I agree. Miami needs to make a move for a franchise QB. Quinn seems the logical fit for Cam's offense.

I'm with you. You have to have the, we won't be picking this high again approach and move up to grab a franchise QB.

Bringing back BAD memories man. Drew Brees is the guy I wanted MONTHS before the draft. I didn't think he'd be there but then he was and I was sure he was a lock, I was already standing up getting ready for a huge fist pump and maybe a little "jump of joy" that we finally get a franchise QB since Marino's departure. However, when JAMAR FLETCHER was called, that would be fist pump turned into a "break the drywall" wall punch.

Then Drew Brees went on to a few pro bowls (so far, I'm sure more are coming) with two DIFFERENT teams, showing it wasn't just LT and Gates making him look good, and Jamaer Fletcher never made it past our nickle corner. Is he even still in the league?
Ouch!! sounds familiar. Mines was throw the remote at the wall smashing it into a thousand pieces.

Ouch!! sounds familiar. Mines was throw the remote at the wall smashing it into a thousand pieces.

In retrospect that would have been the smarter thing to do, as I ended up with what the doctor called a "boxer's fracture", which still hurts to this day whenever I tap the side of my hand with a little force on something. The doctor prescribed me a pillow, lol. He was like "next time, punch a pillow" :lol:

I'm with you. You have to have the, we won't be picking this high again approach and move up to grab a franchise QB.

Exactly what Miami needs to do. If we are within 5 or so spots from what Cam thinks is the perfect franchise qb for this team, then lets step up to the plate and swing. Theres no better time to do it then now.

Back
Top Bottom