Florida vs. Tennessee | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Florida vs. Tennessee

UF Fin Kat said:
miami @ louisville is very very intriguing.

yea, given how powerful we are playing...sigh.... good thing we don't play YOU guys, we'd be hind teat for sure.

Cuban Dave 9 said:
even Louisville v Miami could be a good one

Yeah, should be another really good game. Every game means so much in college football that when you have big teams playing each other it makes it even more exciting. It's one bonus to having the BCS vs a playoff imo.

We will be into the meat of SEC competition early this year.Some good games.I hope to catch a couple of streamed games.

im so siked out for this game.this is a hugggge game for us.we need to pull off a win real bad saturday

clear.gif

What Tennessee & Florida is all about...

VolQuest said:
Tennessee head coach Phillip Fulmer had part of the Pride of the Southland Band come to the start of Wednesday's practice to help get his team ready to play, but the real motivation came in the form of a 170 pound cornerback from Atlanta, Georgia and a senior from Martin, Tennessee who said he was not done just yet.

Justin Harrell said he was not done just yet.

With flex finished and the team massed around head coach Phillip Fulmer out of the complex came Inky Johnson and his family to an ovation from his teammates. Johnson, who was released from the hospital earlier this afternoon, visited briefly with the team and got plenty of hugs and pats on the back before the Vols took to Florida preparations at full tilt.

But that was just the start of an emotional day for the Vols. After about forty minutes of practice, defensive tackle Justin Harrell strolled onto the practice field sporting shoulder pads and a helmet and jumped into the huddle.

"Justin Harrell came to us yesterday and said coach I think I can play," Fulmer said. "We conferred with the doctors, there is no chance for further injury to his arm if he is padded up well. He practiced today and pretty much did everything. I don't know whether he will get five snaps or fifty snaps, but he is going to play Saturday night. He does not have any pain to this point which is ususal. His strength is good. This is a one game deal. He has to have the surgery because if it goes longer then a couple of weeks there is damage to the muscle."

Harrell told me at lunch yesterday that surgery was scheduled for today, but visited with the coaches Tuesday afternoon when it was determined he could play. Fulmer marveled at Harrell's dedication to his teammates and said everyone was inspired by Johnson's visit with the team.

"What a great statement to want to be out there with his teammates," Fulmer said of Harrell. "The love and passion he has for his teammates and this program is unbelievable. Earlier in the day, Inky came out to practice and that was a very emotional moment for us. He got them excited about the game. It has been a heck of an emotional week. He has a tremendous attitude and is a tremendous young man and whatever he does in life he will be successful at it."

Defensive tackles coach Dan Brooks, who has personal experience with Harrell's injury, said he did not think his senior would have any major limitations Saturday night.

"I don't think there are any real limitations," Brooks said. "You put a brace on it so that it doesn't bend completely. Part of it is that I have had that injury so I know a little bit about it. It is really painful for three or four days, then once you get through that, there is really nothing until you either get it fixed or you don't. There is a big bruise there, but once you get through the initial pain I don't see any limitations. I don't know how much he will play. We will see. We feel good about it. I am excited for him. His whole thing with me is that coach I have a chance to play one more college football game and help our football team. I am excited for him."

And it made for a good day on the practice field for this team.

"I don't think anyone really knew till he came on the field with a brace on today," Brooks said of Harrell getting to play Saturday. "It was just a great day. To see Inky come out there and say hello to our football team, then to see Justin Harrell come out and practice, it was just a great day for us as a football team to welcome back two family members."

INSPIRATION COLORED ORANGE AND WHITE

ESPN and FoxSports both predict a 4 point Gator victory. Call me a homer but I think it will be more than that. :D

Motion said:
ESPN and FoxSports both predict a 4 point Gator victory. Call me a homer but I think it will be more than that. :D

Homer!

:lol:

I think it will be more than that to, but maybe not since its a rivalry game and all

Alex44 said:
Homer!

:lol:

I think it will be more than that to, but maybe not since its a rivalry game and all

Yeah should be a great game, they always play each other tough. Last year was borderline boring game, neither offense could do much and the Gators lost 2 of their best players for the season to injuries. But the year before in Knoxville was a shootout, that unfortunately was decided by inept officials. :fire:

Motion said:
Yeah should be a great game, they always play each other tough. Last year was borderline boring game, neither offense could do much and the Gators lost 2 of their best players for the season to injuries. But the year before in Knoxville was a shootout, that unfortunately was decided by inept officials. :fire:
:tantrum:

Seriously, I was sooooooo pissed after that game.

Back
Top Bottom